Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how is this acceptable?

it happens every day and the excuse of "mods sleeping" is not really acceptable in this day and age, I think mods need to research better methods.

how is it allowed for people to create posts in just 1 minute period? I think it should be increased to 5 minutes.

what third party tools you use?
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2020-10-07 at 09:21 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is just unbelievable. is there anyway we can filter out these fuckknuckles by requiring a catchpa to join? something, anything, to prove that you're not a fuck-off-spam-bot

10+ Year Old Account
    "Who wants a tantrik baba at 3 in the morning?"

Kala jadu expert in Bangalore: "OH BOY 3 AM!"

7+ Year Old Account
    What I often wonder is "what are they trying accomplish?"

I expect its nothing more than an intent at merely being disruptive.

Edit:
    The site need some active off hour mods.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-10-07 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this is just unbelievable. is there anyway we can filter out these fuckknuckles by requiring a catchpa to join? something, anything, to prove that you're not a fuck-off-spam-bot
    Chaud has on multiple occasions made it clear that they're not bots, but humans.

But yeah, this forum needs more EU timezone mods

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be taken care of now.

For the record it's a volunteer staff and I look in when I can. We don't have 24-hour coverage but are always open to having people talk with site management about it.

We have an hour or so of coverage that we didn't have a couple of weeks ago but it's not 24-hour yet.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-10-07 at 10:38 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Is this really an issue though? These threads sometimes appear and then they go away after like 1 hour tops
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They should be taken care of now.

For the record it's a volunteer staff and I look in when I can. We don't have 24-hour coverage but are always open to having people talk with site management about it.

We have an hour or so of coverage that we didn't have a couple of weeks ago but it's not 24-hour yet.
    Yeah I noticed awhile ago you were added back in the mod lists but with a different color. Do you have less mod powers compared to before just for spammers or how does it work?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Chaud has on multiple occasions made it clear that they're not bots, but humans.

But yeah, this forum needs more EU timezone mods
    really? they definitely seem like bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah I noticed awhile ago you were added back in the mod lists but with a different color. Do you have less mod powers compared to before just for spammers or how does it work?
    Check my avatar. I'm just here, when I can be, to do spam. I'm not involved with anything else at the moment. Sorry this went on for so long but I was pulled away for a bit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

why would you ever consider to call a dude in india as a western citizen anyway. all you get there is a wood vaccination

Lol this thread, maybe find something else in your life other then F5ing the MMO champ all day long?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    it happens every day and the excuse of "mods sleeping" is not really acceptable in this day and age, I think mods need to research better methods.

how is it allowed for people to create posts in just 1 minute period? I think it should be increased to 5 minutes.

what third party tools you use?
    It happens every day at one very specific time and the mods do rather quickly get rid of it.
    I mean sure it's bad and all, but I can't imagine anyone to be that truly annoyed by this stuff, considering that within the hour where this happens it all gets removed. If this was happening all the time then I'd get the point of this thread, but this shit happens once per day and at a very specific time.

Either way, this is one of these topics that get brought up here all the time and it's been answered numerous times why things are as they are. You could've just easily found out about it through a quick search, but instead I guess you just like being mad for stupid reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Lol this thread, maybe find something else in your life other then F5ing the MMO champ all day long?
    This. 10char

It's always the same weird spam as well.

I never see it anywhere else. Like there's one guy in India trying to drum up business, and this is the one place he tries to do it.

Like he goes home every day, and his wife chews him out for making no money.

"I try, Saanvi. I try! Every day I try, but nobody wants a rogue DPS baba!"

Usually it helps that it ends up being one/two accounts doing the spamming, so ignoring the profiles tend to be quick and easy fix.

Still annoying but it's only 2 minutes out of my day to get em off the screen.

It isn't acceptable. I bet they're working on the best ways to prevent this sort of spam without affecting real posters.

Indeed, making threads about how the npc's should treat us should be frowned upon!

I will never understand how spamming such garbage is fun for some people. They must be thinking themselves hillarious while everyone around them just wants to punch them in the face.

As for the OP. Leave the mods alone.

Fighting Spam is incredibly hard and frustrating, because the spammers/bots are constantly finding a way around your security, there is little you can do in the end. The threads are being removed quickly enough and unless you are foolish enough to click any links in them they won't hurt you.

Given how most of u have been here for a while and this issue is clearly a persisting one, its time to stop complaining and deal with it, or move on somewhere else.
    The same answer mods give as to why it is difficult to curb this has been given 100000 times before

10+ Year Old Account
    i volunteer to remove those while the mods sleep!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...