Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Your feelings being hurt is your fault. The questline is clearly misdesigned because they require LEGION pathfinder
    oh my god, everybody has that by now, you had enough time, and if you don't, wait til next reset because with the prepatch you'll get it

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    If you can get to the building using grappling hooks then it's actually working as intended.
    Absolutely not. YOU MAY NOT HAVE DISCOVERED SURAMAR. I mean I literally haven't because it was a new alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    oh my god, everybody has that by now, you had enough time, and if you don't, wait til next reset because with the prepatch you'll get it
    What are you on about? As I said I already got pathfinder and got the quest since I only needed a revered rep remaining from an old main. This has gone discussing the mis-design of this quest because whoever has experience in the design of this game knows Blizzard does not intent new players of BfA to require pathfinder of Legion or obscure platforming tools to continue on a basic questline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    Also, you only need pathfinder because you didn't do the quest properly,
    I wonder if you have any experience in this game. There are questlines that often span TWENTY OR MORE quests. Breaking the experience if you don't stay zoned in any of them because you had to do a 5man is terrible design and I'm not trying to convince Blizzard because I know they don't want to design it that way and it was a mistep but it's very interesting that people in this thread in their desire to feel correct say something so silly about it.

First rule of quests that involve anykind of portal, teleportation or instanced stuff is to finish them before doing something else.
    Targeting an npc and claiming its in the building or whatever without confirming the real location per flight is also not a good move.
    Just use the chat next time and ask for a lift, if really noone answers you then offer some gold. You could have spared yourself and the rest in here the embarrassment.

And yes that building is accessable if you can fly.
    Dying could endanger your health!

this post is so confusing haha, omg

Seems to me that they may have added the grappling hooks simply because of this quest. Idk why you're getting defensive to the person that pointed out it may be working as intended if they gave an option to the people doing this quest that got sidetracked that don't have flying (the point of this post).

Is discovering suramar relevant to the grappling hooks? Do they only phase in after you've done suramar quests? Or am I missing something and you feel like 90% of the people are attacking you?

I'm happy you got your quest done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luhmina View Post
    First rule of quests that involve anykind of portal, teleportation or instanced stuff is to finish them before doing something else.
    I seriously wonder if you are a new player in this game. It's ROUTINE to have questlines that span up to FOURTY quests and teleportation by npcs is EXTREMELY common. Sometimes the most interesting thing about these threads isn't what Blizzard should be doing (it's obvious they do not design quests this way normally and this was an oversight) but that people often in their quest to pretend they are right say such silly things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    [..] they may have added the grappling hooks simply because of this quest. Idk why you're getting defensive to the person that pointed out it may be working as intended[..]
    Nah I brought up the info about the hooks because I talked to GMs. Others here tried to prove it was perfectly normal for a quest to be pain for a new BfA player without Legion deep progress in pathfinder. It's pretty silly because it's very common routine for questlines in this game to keep teleporting you around so this problem is not very common and I've teleported out dozens of times without problem (as do most people that do a lot of 5mans or other group content with a lot of summon-stoning).

Just curious, what exactly happened when you abandoned the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    Is discovering suramar relevant to the grappling hooks?
    I haven't confirmed GM's claim that they exist but besides that and assuming they do, I don't think it's what they consider correct design and I doubt they would add them for that one quest. As I understand it and from experience from countless other questlines they would normally have a talking point "teleport me back mrs NPC" and this time there was the oversight of ommiting that (besides it's pretty much incompletely scripted by the fact if you go to Dazar'alor at a perfectly peaceful spot after you drop the quest the NPC acts in text as they are in panic and it tells you to enter a portal that doesn't exist so yeah it's not exactly quirk-free (normally and as it happens in most well scripted questlines in this game the NPC offers a dialogue point "teleport me back where we left off" and obviously it's not acting in panic in a peaceful zone)).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Just curious, what exactly happened when you abandoned the quest?
    I was summoned to the mythic dungeon before I dropped it so I'm not exactly sure but: in most of these cases if the environment was phased because of the quest it usually remains phased to some extend. It wasn't the problem either way though because the NPC (with the same ID) existed in Dazar'alor and you could get the quest from them again but a quirk was it was acting in panic in text telling you to take a portal to the next part but none of that was happening in Dazar'alor (in most similar quests the npcs are scripted to have a dialogue point "return me where we left off" or at least the portal should open in front of her wherever she is).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2020-10-10 at 09:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if you hop on somebody's passenger mount and they fly you up there?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I was summoned to the mythic dungeon before I dropped it so I'm not exactly sure but: in most of these cases if the environment was phased because of the quest it usually remains phased to some extend. It wasn't the problem either way though because the NPC (with the same ID) existed in Dazar'alor and you could get the quest from them again but a quirk was it was acting in panic in text telling you to take a portal to the next part but none of that was happening in Dazar'alor (in most similar quests the npcs are scripted to have a dialogue point "return me where we left off" or at least the portal should open in front of her wherever she is).
    So I did some digging, you can also continue the quest in the next step (which is after you take the portal). Abandon the quest and go to 7.17, 25,97 in Stormsong Valley. If you dont have coordinates its the island on the far left side of the map.
    Other options is going to Broken isles, doing quests in stormheim until you get the grappling hook and then use it to get to the npc in suramar. But you dont have to do this step in the quest, you can just go to Stormsong and continue there.