Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Blizzard getting a jump start on 10.0 when they disable these borrowed power systems to make room for the next.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No they never said that.
    Look at the fourth question asked. They say so in context of the armor she wears, but for players Covenants are a system where powers and cosmetics are linked and they single out Sylvanas as part of a Maw Covenant while we know the Jailer also gave her a power boost.

    What's your source for Sylvanas's empowerment being so different from player's anyway?
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  3. #203
    It's another one of those changes no one asked for and is accomplishing nothing.
    Are they really worried people will break into maps? It's already doable.

    I don't even understand the point of this change.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    That's not the point.
    The point is, adding a useless restriction for the sake of "muh RPG" will add inconvenience to the gameplay.
    Also, many other people pointed out: You can use it in Alterac Valley BG but you cannot use it in the zone? yeah... "muh RPG"
    And? WoW is rpg game and rpgs are build upon incoviniences and if you dont like it then problem is in you. Its you who clearly do not like rpg games. So it means is you who play wrong type of game and you should propably quit and go play something like mobas or arpgs.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Becouse that time game had no emphasis on RPG elements? Shawolands have comepltly different desingh ideologi and yes its beocuse of sucess of classic.
    The time-gate to Draenor had no emphasis on RPG-elements? I have no clue what you're trying to say here.

    BFA also had completely different design ideologies than Legion, and we could still use the neck abilities in old content.
    Also Im not sure what the success of classic has to do with how we cant use covenant abilities outside of SL during the expansion.

    And because we dont like this decision you also say that we dont like RPG's. Wut.

  6. #206
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And? WoW is rpg game and rpgs are build upon incoviniences and if you dont like it then problem is in you. Its you who clearly do not like rpg games. So it means is you who play wrong type of game and you should propably quit and go play something like mobas or arpgs.
    I like RPG elements, no need to start attacking me. If I didn't like RPg elements I wouldn't be playing WoW or browsing these forums (duh).
    In fact, I mentioned to you that not allowing Covenant abilities to be used on Azeroth, while allowing it to be used in Azeroth's Instanced PvP combat breaks my RPG element and I don't want that.
    It also breaks "muh PVP" because now I can't duel anyone outside of Shadowlands zones and World PVP (lol) is going to be broken outside of Shadowlands because some classes/specs rely on those abilities to perform.

  7. #207
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Update-October

    Gameplay enjoyment will not be sacrificed for the sake of story/lore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The "BUT THE LORE!!" defense was literally countered by Blizzard themselves when discussing the Maw, lorewise, being inhospitable and never wanting to be there but gameplay wise wanting to go there for long periods of time. People are literally countering Blizzards own logic.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

  8. #208
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,106
    Just one more reason to get rid of this borrowed power BS once and for all.

  9. #209
    They should disable the shit in PVP too, never understood why corruption worked there in BFA. It just makes the game completely unbalanced joke...

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I like RPG elements, no need to start attacking me. If I didn't like RPg elements I wouldn't be playing WoW or browsing these forums (duh).
    In fact, I mentioned to you that not allowing Covenant abilities to be used on Azeroth, while allowing it to be used in Azeroth's Instanced PvP combat breaks my RPG element and I don't want that.
    It also breaks "muh PVP" because now I can't duel anyone outside of Shadowlands zones and World PVP (lol) is going to be broken outside of Shadowlands because some classes/specs rely on those abilities to perform.
    It doesnt break rpg elements it enhance it and if you dont see it then you clearly dont even know what you like and what kind of games you like playing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    They should disable the shit in PVP too, never understood why corruption worked there in BFA. It just makes the game completely unbalanced joke...
    Becouse rpgs are nto supostu be balanced. They are not compettive games. And any aribtraly rule sets where you can use ability A here but you cant here becouse reasons completly breaks immersion and integrity of the game.

  11. #211
    Competition has existed in WoW since day 1. By your logic that would mean that WoW has never been an RPG.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Well from both a lore and gameplay-standpoint, I feel like it makes sense. You get these borrowed powers in the realms they serve.
    If you're all the way in Outland or the barren wastes of Northrend, those forces cannot reach you.
    That's kind of the schtick with this expansion though. The veil between the mortal realm and the Shadowlands has been breached, that's as much of a lore reason as you need to allow the Covenant to remain intact outside of Shadowlands, ESPECIALLY in Northrend because the breach is literally RIGHT there.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Conduits are so minor that I don't really get the concern there (besides, we'll all be on even footing anyway). Covenant abilities were always going to be squished as there's no other way to balance them, so I'm not surprised/bothered by it at all.

    I think you might've misunderstood my point on legendaries, though. They probably commited those changes to the build, had a discussion afterwards saying they need to be stronger, but it was too late to withdraw the changes. I fully expect (well, hope) some of the legendaries that were nerfed yesterday will be buffed to equal/higher levels than they were previously.
    To be fair, several Potency (!) Conduits add very nice quality of life changes. Shadow Priest has some really good Potency Conduits (other classes do have worse ones, I know) that make gameplay a lot better in my opinion. I was already considering all 4 of the available spec-specific Conduits (the Covenant specific one is trash due to the Covenant ability being trash though) and now choosing between 2 of 4 hurts, but I can live with that change.

    My problem is still the absolutely horrible Covenant abilities for Priests. They all suck, either for all specs in the same regard or for Shadow especially. For Disc less, for Holy they're pretty bad too. Many classes have these issues with Covenant abilities and as long as they are not fixed, they cannot start tuning. As a Shadow Priest I'd rather not use any of the abysmal Covenant skills (and this cannot be the intended design).

    I hope you are right about Legendaries, but it just shapes up that Blizzard isn't capable of designing and tuning them correctly, that's why nerfing is always their go to option for anything that's balancing-related.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Welfare legendaries are stupid anyway. I never agreed with legendaries just being passed out. All they way back to the original cloak and ring. STUPID.

    Just give our characters power and let us play them.
    To be fair, Legendaries could be "Legendary Conduits" and would fill the exact same purpose as they're basically Potency Conduits on items.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  14. #214
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    It doesnt break rpg elements it enhance it and if you dont see it then you clearly dont even know what you like and what kind of games you like playing.
    Lol.
    Yeah, okay there Master of RPG.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Well from both a lore and gameplay-standpoint, I feel like it makes sense. You get these borrowed powers in the realms they serve.
    If you're all the way in Outland or the barren wastes of Northrend, those forces cannot reach you.
    Lore standpoint - Blizzard has already stated they do not want to sacrifice gameplay enjoyment for the sake of story/lore.

    Gameplay standpoint - We can use previous borrowed power systems in places we technically probably shouldn't be able to. Example - HoA/Azerite Essences being usable in WoD content, which is an entirely different timeline.

    Neither side of your argument holds water.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Deulon View Post
    Blizzard getting a jump start on 10.0 when they disable these borrowed power systems to make room for the next.
    I hope that they are finally scrapping these bs borrowed power systems. WoD, Legion, BfA, Shadowlands - out of 4 expansions only 1 really delivered a satisfying system of borrowed power (Legion); Shadowlands won't change the pattern on borrowed power being underwhelming to game breaking. Enough is enough.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  17. #217
    Brewmaster Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let’s be fair... from a story perspective it makes sense. From a gameplay perspective it doesn’t. And because Blizzard didn’t give a damn about logical storytelling, gameplay in this case should matter more imho.
    From a storytelling perspective it doesn't make sense why we're forced to work with a single covenant, as they're all supposed to be working in unison to work towards rooting out the corruption in the Shadowlands and the defeat of the jailor. Blizzard doesn't get to use the storytelling excuse for this expansion.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope that they are finally scrapping these bs borrowed power systems. WoD, Legion, BfA, Shadowlands - out of 4 expansions only 1 really delivered a satisfying system of borrowed power (Legion); Shadowlands won't change the pattern on borrowed power being underwhelming to game breaking. Enough is enough.
    They are not underwheling like at all. They are actualy lot of fun to play with and give lot of people cool way to prgoress their characters.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    From a storytelling perspective it doesn't make sense why we're forced to work with a single covenant, as they're all supposed to be working in unison to work towards rooting out the corruption in the Shadowlands and the defeat of the jailor. Blizzard doesn't get to use the storytelling excuse for this expansion.
    I know all these things. That's why I said Blizzard didn't give a damn about logic, so why now?

    It would make sense if they would follow a design pattern here that makes sense from a storytelling perspective. But it doesn't. So why restrict Covenant powers outside of Shadowlands? This is a nonsensical and pointless restriction.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    They are not underwheling like at all. They are actualy lot of fun to play with and give lot of people cool way to prgoress their characters.
    And break the entire character development progress as they're resetting every two years and leaving classes in shambles (and the first year they're broken, halfway developed or just boring af; most borrowed power systems are fun for less than a year overall).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    From a storytelling perspective it doesn't make sense why we're forced to work with a single covenant, as they're all supposed to be working in unison to work towards rooting out the corruption in the Shadowlands and the defeat of the jailor. Blizzard doesn't get to use the storytelling excuse for this expansion.
    They have parnetship but not "unicorns and rainbows" partnetship. EU have lot of states in union and many of them are not exactly tolerant with everything what other states do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •