Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    The Covenant skill I had chosen (Serrated Bone spike) was nerfed to the bone.
    Then you should not have "chosen" a covenant skill before the game was even released - thats just silly.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This again. Yawn. The people working on shop mounts could perhaps work on something else. Any and all shop mounts are wrong.
    Sure, but you know what they couldn't work on? Game balance.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    If I duel with a friend in front of Ogrimmar this will not work.
    So duel him in a shadowlands zone.

  4. #304
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What covenant ability do you believe would make clearing an old raid more fun, where entire floors can be one shot?

    If you cant have an open discussion without being rude and condescending, i have no interest in continuing. Give me a specific example, the ability and the raid, where you "fun" will be reduced by not having access to an ability that you have never had access to.
    Night Fae shifting lasting indefinitely in rested areas had implications for role playing that several of my friends were looking forward to, primarily. This isn't just about old raids.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dude, you are wrong.

    We are in the realm of Death, we get those powers granted there. It makes perfect sense that you can not empower them outside of that realm.

    This is a good move.
    Then why do they work in arenas/pvp/instanced content on Azeroth?

    No, it's a stupid move.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Night Fae shifting lasting indefinitely in rested areas had implications for role playing that several of my friends were looking forward to, primarily. This isn't just about old raids.
    So you cant answer my very simple question? Colour me STUNNED. When you have to resort to "well a friend of mine...." the argument is over.

  7. #307
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So you cant answer my very simple question? Colour me STUNNED. When you have to resort to "well a friend of mine...." the argument is over.
    That is literally a specific example that will impact my friend group. What else do you even want?

    I even said 3 pages ago that this is ultimately small and mostly meaningless. I just wanted a logical reason. It's not my fault you forgot.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Blizzard: Hypes the Covenant abilities as one of selling points of Nerflands
    Also Blizzard: no abilities outside Nerflands!
    I have a new one:

    Blizzard: yes, yes, we know that your class is broken but the covenants skills are there just to fix that. Do not worry.

    Also Blizzard: Covenant skills will only work on 3% of the game's total map: Shadowlands !!!

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLUUUUUULLZZ

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    That is literally a specific example that will impact my friend group. What else do you even want?
    An answer to the question i asked, in the context of your complaints. Not "yeah well a friend of mine....". You are complaining here, not your friends.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    so duel him in a shadowlands zone.
    no.

    (10 characters)

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I have a new one:

    Blizzard: yes, yes, we know that your class is broken but the covenants skills are there just to fix that. Do not worry.

    Also Blizzard: Covenant skills will only work on 3% of the game's total map: Shadowlands !!!

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLUUUUUULLZZ
    Ah yes, made up quotes, hyperbole, and arguing from extremes - all the hallmarks of a strong and meaningful argument.

  12. #312
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    An answer to the question i asked, in the context of your complaints. Not "yeah well a friend of mine....". You are complaining here, not your friends.
    Because my friends don't post on wow forums, but I still hear their complaints?

    Can we literally not speak about anything that has an impact on anyone else? This doesn't impact you at all, so why are you here?

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This doesn't impact you at all, so why are you here?
    Now you think you get to control who does and doesn't post on a public discussion forum? Your entitlement knows no bounds. Your argument has been dismantled completely. You are resorting to a wide array of fallacies and poorly formulated "arguments", which for some reason you choose to distance yourself from with the old trope of "well my friend........"

  14. #314
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Now you think you get to control who does and doesn't post on a public discussion forum? Your entitlement knows no bounds. Your argument has been dismantled completely. You are resorting to a wide array of fallacies and poorly formulated "arguments", which for some reason you choose to distance yourself from with the old trope of "well my friend........"
    You're telling me my complaints aren't valid because they aren't my complaints. I guess I'll tell them to create mmo champion accounts to sate you.

    Have you never gone to bat for a problem someone else had?

    You found a clever way to escape a problem this decision makes, and because its not my problem the problem apparently doesn't exist. This isn't an argument I'm trying to win, and I'm not trying to create a fucking game of chess. Not everyone is against you.

  15. #315
    Rated R for Retarded

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ah yes, made up quotes, hyperbole, and arguing from extremes - all the hallmarks of a strong and meaningful argument.
    Dude,
    no offense but it looks like you are a Blizz-fanboy and NOTHING of what I say will change your opinion but maybe this paradigm shift will illuminate you:
    What about winning a Ferrari but not being able to walk the streets with it because there where you live is not Italy?

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    my complaints...they aren't my complaints.
    Yes, that is what im telling you. You started off saying saying you personally disliked the change, and suggested more than once it would impact you directly. Now you are shifting the goalposts so far its not even the same sport anymore, and saying "yeah well my friends wanted to RP a certain way and now they cant" - this is an ENTIRELY new argument, and not even your own.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Dude,
    no offense but it looks like you are a Blizz-fanboy and NOTHING of what I say will change your opinion but maybe this paradigm shift will illuminate you:
    What about winning a Ferrari but not being able to walk the streets with it because there where you live is not Italy?
    Ferrari FXX

    The Ferrari FXX is a high-performance track-only developmental prototype

  18. #318
    I am Murloc! Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yes, that is what im telling you. You started off saying saying you personally disliked the change, and suggested more than once it would impact you directly. Now you are shifting the goalposts so far its not even the same sport anymore, and saying "yeah well my friends wanted to RP a certain way and now they cant" - this is an ENTIRELY new argument, and not even your own.
    Please find the post where I said I personally disliked it. It doesn't exist.

    If you're trying to imply the amount of fun my friends have isn't directly correlated to how much fun I have, then I'm not sure what else to say. Have you ever played a game with someone who wasn't having fun? It bleeds into your outlook.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Dude,
    no offense but it looks like you are a Blizz-fanboy and NOTHING of what I say will change your opinion but maybe this paradigm shift will illuminate you:
    What about winning a Ferrari but not being able to walk the streets with it because there where you live is not Italy?
    He only knows how to argue in bad faith.

  19. #319
    I want to think that maybe they're just testing the string, or testing things around the string, and the string may be turned off or whatever in a future build, before launch. It's the only thing that really makes sense to me at this point in time.

    Of course, by the end of Shadowlands, something has to be done about these abilities, since I doubt they'll be baked into our actual kits in any meaningful way next expansion. That's a reason I could imagine the string is there, and it would make total sense that in the prepatch for the the expansion after Shadowlands, it would go into effect to sort of put the final stamp on leaving Shadowlands behind us. Like, the string's existence, I understand. It makes sense. It just... doesn't make much sense to have the string "on" at launch.

    Just yell at Blizzard until they say something about it. Despite not being happy with some of Blizzard's design decisions, I can usually see the logic in it, or what they were thinking or going for. Like I said, I see the sense in the string's existence. I just think it should be off right now.

    Like, seriously, what exactly is the harm in being able to use covenant abilities at max level in old world content?

  20. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Please find the post where I said I personally disliked it. It doesn't exist.

    If you're trying to imply the amount of fun my friends have isn't directly correlated to how much fun I have, then I'm not sure what else to say. Have you ever played a game with someone who wasn't having fun? It bleeds into your outlook.
    If your opinion of something is influenced by others opinion of something, i pity you. Make your own mind up, and stop following what others think just because they are your friends. There is an old saying, something about your friends.....and a bridge.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •