Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ...Also does this mean we can call upon the covenant abilities while dead on Azeroth?
    It'd be interesting to be able to teleport as a dead dude.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'm going to cautiously assume that this doesn't follow through to live. It seems way, way too stupid to actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why? The power is stored inside the heart, it should not matter at all where we are.
    I think the idea is that it's mostly a conduit for power from Azeroth, a bit like how the final cinematic vs. N'zoth shows us as wielding it more as a focusing lens than as something that is incomprehensible powerful on its own.

Why? The power is stored inside the heart, it should not matter at all where we are.
    partially, but it requires the connection to Azeroth. I do agree, it shouldn't work outside azeroth, possibly not even in firelands, and any other elemental plane for that matter.

Probably rexroys fault
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald The Mcdonald View Post
    You're speaking from a STORY standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint it makes no sense. Especially when we have clear examples of Blizzard giving us borrowed power and have us use it anywhere while said borrow power is current and relevant.
    I’m not talking from any standpoint. The “casuals” are. They are the ones lecturing other players about RPG elements. I’m just repeating the arguments they normally use when it comes to restrictions. As long as it doesn’t affect them they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald The Mcdonald View Post
    Let me ask you this then. Why is it okay that when we have borrowed powers in the past like essences or corruption that's okay to use in old content but covenant abilities are the exception to the rule? From a gameplay perspective why is that a thing? Keep in mind that we don't know the future and Blizzard may or may not use old zones to add new content for level 60s.
    "Why" shouldn't come into the discussion until blizzard gives a reason for the change in the first place. Like I wrote in my post, there's an infinity of reasons, out-universe and in for why they could be disabled, but we literally don't know until they tell us. It's dumb as fuck to argue about something we haven't even been told the reason for yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I’m not talking from any standpoint. The “casuals” are. They are the ones lecturing other players about RPG elements. I’m just repeating the arguments they normally use when it comes to restrictions. As long as it doesn’t affect them they are happy.
    "Damn 1%'ers ruining the ga... BLIZZARD WHY CAN'T I USE DOOR OF SHADOWS IN MY TRANSMOG RUNS!?!?!"

RPG element. Love it. Keep it up, Blizz.

(They need to work in Timewalking dungeons, but everything else is whatever, really.)

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They might as well disable shamans as there are no elements in SL.
    Are you sure? There is at least a death elemental. So one would assume if there is one there is a possibility of more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Are you sure? There is at least a death elemental. So one would assume if there is one there is a possibility of more.
    Oooh this opens up possibilities.
    I can already see it happening: "Too soon! You have awakened me too - wait, YOU GUYS AGAIN!?"
    Deathnaros the deathlord.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Oooh this opens up possibilities.
    I can already see it happening: "Too soon! You have awakened me too - wait, YOU GUYS AGAIN!?"
    Deathnaros the deathlord.
    Haha, this made me laugh. Though I wonder if an element that is defeated in the elemental plane is still sent to the Shadowlands much like anything that dies on Azeroth / anywhere is sent to the Shadowlands as well. Granted our characters are "unique" due to A) gameplay reasons since people would be mad at permadeath (especially if a friend/raid member caused it) and B) they go over it in the story later.

If we start using the lore around gameplay now, then can anyone tell me how hunters can bring their pets with them in the afterlife? And what about all the mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Why is it a shitty analogy? You were reasoning just like this in the post he quoted.

Just because you dont agree with it doesnt make it less right.
    explained that earlier not gonna repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

No its not the heart was clearly explained as a conduit for the azerite power leaking out from the wooounds. You can clearly see that in the nzoth cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Haha, this made me laugh. Though I wonder if an element that is defeated in the elemental plane is still sent to the Shadowlands much like anything that dies on Azeroth / anywhere is sent to the Shadowlands as well. Granted our characters are "unique" due to A) gameplay reasons since people would be mad at permadeath (especially if a friend/raid member caused it) and B) they go over it in the story later.
    Yeah that's a good question, though in the Dark Iron unlock quest they imply that they do not so much die as just get scattered into pieces that can be re-used or, through a lot of effort, reassembled and resurrected.
    Perhaps his consciousness goes somewhere though, then again it might also just be scattered into those pieces.

Have they given any official reason or answer as to why they announced this decision?

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Yeah that's a good question, though in the Dark Iron unlock quest they imply that they do not so much die as just get scattered into pieces that can be re-used or, through a lot of effort, reassembled and resurrected.
    Perhaps his consciousness goes somewhere though, then again it might also just be scattered into those pieces.
    Ah interesting. It's been so long since I did the DI quest (when they first came out) I forgot exactly occurred during it. Looked it up just now and you are right as that was part of the Firelands one. Wonder if maybe they'll visit that this in the Shadowlands or save it for something else in the future. While I wouldn't be fond of seeing Ragnaros again, he is a big figure and depends on how they do the story with him it could have potential. That or maybe say Ragnaros and Al'akir server on the council of the Death Elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Have they given any official reason or answer as to why they announced this decision?
    No. it was datamined in the recent beta build which means everyone has to cause an uproar over something that may or may not actually exist in reality. Since we all know that they can't leave any strings (items/etc) in each build unless they were going to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Most BGs and Arenas are located outside Shadolands. Covenant abilities shouldnt work there as well. They do. This common "lore" excuse is invalid.
    Its as if people who constantly sheeping behind every Blizzard decison has zero analytical abilities in their heads whatsoever. Big sad.
    I agree. If you didn’t catch it I was making fun of the “casuals” who always argue that restrictions are an important RPG element. I was being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    one arena is in the shadowlands, though. Going strictly by lore reasons, they'd have to deactivate them in all areans and BG's except for this one arena. This would be a shitshow
    That's a good point, so I guess that isn't happening. Although it would be pretty hilarious if all the covenant effects were disabled in every arena except for one, I don't even think I'd be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    If we start using the lore around gameplay now, then can anyone tell me how hunters can bring their pets with them in the afterlife?
    Well with as much as hunters revive their pets part of the soul is probably stuck in Shadowlands enabling a tether between the two (like HoA). Yes, this is made up but probably the closest you could get to a lore reason. That or could say due to the bond a hunter and its pet shares it allows the tether to extend to them.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    And what about all the mounts?
    Same way we are suppose to believe that in areas (Timeless/Argus/Isle of Giants/ToT/etc) somehow create a magical ability for mounts to forget how to fly temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    That's a good point, so I guess that isn't happening. Although it would be pretty hilarious if all the covenant effects were disabled in every arena except for one, I don't even think I'd be mad.
    Honestly, that would be amazing. Could you imagine all the forum posts, tradechat complaints, etc? Would need to stock up on pantries full of popcorn with all that entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    "Damn 1%'ers ruining the ga... BLIZZARD WHY CAN'T I USE DOOR OF SHADOWS IN MY TRANSMOG RUNS!?!?!"

RPG element. Love it. Keep it up, Blizz.

(They need to work in Timewalking dungeons, but everything else is whatever, really.)
    Yes all these “I’m part of the majority”-casuals are fine with restrictions as long as it doesn’t affect them. But as soon as Blizzard are restricting THEIR gameplay they start to complain