Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is explicit said her powers are coming from the Jailer, its shadowlands powers, powers that she never used before, tis the same shit

unless convenient its not
    Yes her powers was given by Jailer in Shadowlands given which means those powers are stored withing her. In shadowlands players are just condutits for powers what comes from covenant they are not its source. Sylvanas is source of her powers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes her powers was given by Jailer in Shadowlands given which means those powers are stored withing her. In shadowlands players are just condutits for powers what comes from covenant they are not its source. Sylvanas is source of her powers.
    point out that the lore where explicit said she is the source of her power

when they literally said its not her power but the Jailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean like Arthas? Sylvanas powers have nothing to do with covenant skills. Her skills work compeltly differently.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right wse shouldnt and maybe Blizzard realized it? You know its not like they have to go back and change everything abouýt game so players cant point out mistakes from past. Maybe they just relalized that they could bring some of RPG elements back to the game but wont change all the nonrpg gameplay elemtents just so people like you cant bring them up on forums.
    Too little too late for that, or at least if they decide to start changing stuff like this, they should go across the board and do it. Changing 1 system to interact differently while leaving other systems intact just makes them look like fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Too little too late for that, or at least if they decide to start changing stuff like this, they should go across the board and do it. Changing 1 system to interact differently while leaving other systems intact just makes them look like fools.
    Hahaha there is never too late. There wasnt too late to abbadon rpg elements and there isnt late for WoW to get those rpg elements back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Are you sure? There is at least a death elemental. So one would assume if there is one there is a possibility of more.
    Well, that is a fair one. Then there should be shaman class quesline where shamans are making a connection with the elements of the shadowlands and Warlocks learn to convert anima into fel, druids connecting with nature in SL too. Would be awesome. Could even make some funny quest for melee specs where they have to learn to kill dead things and mages setting themselves on fire while casting frost spells.

They literally said Sylvanas basically joined the Jailer's Covenant at some point, so that seems like a very arbitrary distinction to me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why would the Covenant spells/abilities and Soulbinds work outside of the Shadowlands? This decision makes perfect sense to me. Why would you expect any different?
    I'd expect different because it has never happened before.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They literally said Sylvanas basically joined the Jailer's Covenant at some point, so that seems like a very arbitrary distinction to me.
    No they never said that.

I'm fairly sure it's a bug issue. Shadowlands is a mess and they don't have the time to spend ironing out bugs it's going to cause in older content while also making the game actually playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Lol @the store mount jab, as if they make one every week...

Yep not like we have been storing AP into our neck entire expansion. The heart of Azeroth is just name and power comes from wthingin neck not from Azeroth.
    Then explain why we can use Azerite in different timelines like in Draenor?

And Sylvanas uses powers bound to the afterlife and SL in Azeroth.

It just doesnt make sense, but we'll have to wait for an official reason by Blizzard.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    Yeah might be true, but why did Heart of Azeroth work on Argus (Antorus), Warlords of Draenor, Outland? Doesn't make any sense either since it's not on Azeroth.
    Because the Heart of Azeroth is an item, corrupted gear and essences are items and covenant abilities are tied to factions that dont even exist on our plane of reality. It makes perfect sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Because the Heart of Azeroth is an item, corrupted gear and essences are items and covenant abilities are tied to factions that dont even exist on our plane of reality. It makes perfect sense
    Okay, how about Shamans and Elements? Pretty sure Elements don't exist in SL so how come Shamans can use their powers there?
    Also, how come we can use same covenant abilities in Blade's Edge Arena, Alterac Valley BG, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Then explain why we can use Azerite in different timelines like in Draenor?

And Sylvanas uses powers bound to the afterlife and SL in Azeroth.

It just doesnt make sense, but we'll have to wait for an official reason by Blizzard.
    Becouse that time game had no emphasis on RPG elements? Shawolands have comepltly different desingh ideologi and yes its beocuse of sucess of classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    Holy shit, I was hyped the last few days but this is demotivating.

Please tell me I ain‘t the only one..
    Nah, this is a bad change. I spend much of my time, like many players, running old instances. I was looking forward to the increase in speed/movement covenants provided. With this now being disabled, I just don't care about the system.

Okay, how about Shamans and Elements? Pretty sure Elements don't exist in SL so how come Shamans can use their powers there?
    Also, how come we can use same covenant abilities in Blade's Edge Arena, Alterac Valley BG, etc?
    Becouse that class would not be usable?

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    well i mean if ur cov abilities did work outside SL, when next xpac comes and lets say were back on azeroth it makes no sense for you to still have your cov ability
    so to me this is a long term change, and possibly a lore reason because your cov abilities are tied to the shadowlands a totally different plane of existence
    /facepalm

im mean, sure i dont mind not being able to use covenant abilities outside of the shadowlands. but this obviously isnt the reason... blizzard is known for removing shit like that with pre-patches...

According to that logic, when we're in Draenor we shouldn't be able to use Azerite since you know... Azerite is from a different timeline.
    Azerite isn't from a different timeline. Azerite always always existed in all timelines where Azeroth existed. Azerite is essentially Azeroth's blood. The only difference between the two is that it is popping up in veins and pools in our current timeline.

Rental systems don't work as they are too hard to balance.

Talent trees are more simpler and work in all parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Rental systems don't work as they are too hard to balance.

Talent trees are more simpler and work in all parts of the game.
    They dont work if you launched 8 expansions in row.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2020-10-08 at 01:56 PM.