Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    >Covenants dont work outside Shadowlands because we got the power from there
    >HoA works in Outlands despite being another planet
    >HoA works on fucking Draenor wich is a god damn alternate version of Outlands

A others already pointed, if they wont work outside Shadowlands then, they shouldnt work in BG's/Arenas

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >Covenants dont work outside Shadowlands because we got the power from there
    >HoA works in Outlands despite being another planet
    >HoA works on fucking Draenor wich is a god damn alternate version of Outlands

A others already pointed, if they wont work outside Shadowlands then, they shouldnt work in BG's/Arenas
    Conduits and soulbinds work. It's literally just the abilities that are unusable. There's no consistency in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Things like Night Fae have a ton of extra mobility that makes it easier, is all.

It's not that I need it, it's that the logic of it makes zero sense. What is it hurting by letting you use it? It feels like an odd change literally nobody asked for.
    The logic is that the abilities are tied to Shadowlands as a plane of existence, thus we can't use the powers outside of Shadowlands. This time they limited the zones we can use the powers on straight away, so that they don't need to come up with an excuse why we can't use the spells anymore when 10.0 hits.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The logic is that the abilities are tied to Shadowlands as a plane of existence, thus we can't use the powers outside of Shadowlands. This time they limited the zones we can use the powers on straight away, so that they don't need to come up with an excuse why we can't use the spells anymore when 10.0 hits.
    They work in battlegrounds and arenas, though. That definitely feels like a case of gameplay > lore, so I don't buy the lore reasoning. Also, soulbinds and conduits work outside of the shadowlands.

They work in battlegrounds and arenas, though. That definitely feels like a case of gameplay > lore, so I don't buy the lore reasoning. Also, soulbinds and conduits work outside of the shadowlands.
    The mechanical reason is that they don't need to come up with a reason why Covenant powers won't work in 10.0 when we leave Shadowlands for the next expansion. Because they never did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    this is the only right thing to do. This way, they do not need to touch old world content, since it is only shadowlands mechanic.
    Considering they're already doing a lot of "touching" to completely alter the leveling experience, what is doing just a little more? Besides who care about old world content at max level? Any ability you use will kill whatever you're fighting...so you aren't going to waste a cooldown ability when your basic cast/melee kill will one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Testasterown View Post
    Maybe stop make fucking shop mounts so you can balance Venthyr signature ability outside shadowlands.
    Ah yes, because the people designing mounts are the same ones in charge of balance..

Maybe you should educate yourself a little bit before you post a salt crusted tangent that nobody cares about.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Ah yes, because the people designing mounts are the same ones in charge of balance..

Maybe you should educate yourself a little bit before you post a salt crusted tangent that nobody cares about.
    Hire people who code the game, not artists who make mounts?

On topic, this change is horrible, it's clearly for lack of dev time to balance things in old world content, if you try and make it a lore reason that flies right out the window and gameplay > lore. I want my stuff in old content, I enjoy it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the big issue is, not like this is completely new. Most of the Benthic gear had perks that only worked in the Najatar areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The mechanical reason is that they don't need to come up with a reason why Covenant powers won't work in 10.0 when we leave Shadowlands for the next expansion. Because they never did.
    But why do conduits and soulbinds still work outside of SL? Those are gonna need to be shut off later, so why is it only abilities?

Remind me when PvP talents were designed to be core parts of your class in all walks of the game. They never were. They're explicitly designed for PvP.
    Remind me when covenant abilities were deisgned to be core parts of your class in all walks of the game. They never were. They are explicitly designed for SL.

PS - PVP abilities can be used in non-pvp situations with warmode on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Remind me when covenant abilities were deisgned to be core parts of your class in all walks of the game. They never were. They are explicitly designed for SL.

PS - PVP abilities can be used in non-pvp situations with warmode on.
    I've answered you, now answer me - why are conduits and soulbinds still functional where abilities are not? It's kind of disingenuous to constantly chop that part out.

If they disable them, then their decision will make more sense.

And yes, I'm aware they can be used in non-pvp scenarios in the *open world* - because balance is literally not maintained to any sort of reasonable level in the open world. You can't use them in dungeons or raids.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2020-10-08 at 10:25 PM.

DEVELOPER-1: Hey man, it looks like the SUPER NERFS in legendarys didn't make the player-base sad as we wanted ...
    DEVELOPER-2: Yes, I am disappointed. We were better at this. Hnnnn ... WAIT! WHAT IF WE FORBID THEY TO USE THE COVENANTS SKILLS OUTSIDE SHADOWLANDS ????
    DEVELOPER-1: HOLY SHIT !! YOU ARE THE MAN !!!

I've answered you, now answer me - why are conduits and soulbinds still functional where abilities are not? It's kind of disingenuous to constantly chop that part out.

If they disable them, then their decision will make more sense.

And yes, I'm aware they can be used in non-pvp scenarios in the *open world* - because balance is literally not maintained to any sort of reasonable level in the open world. You can't use them in dungeons or raids.
    Because that is how they intended the system to work. That is how they designed it, and that is how they want it to function. I have not answered it because it doesnt need answering - Blizzard have answered it already.

And i LOVE your second comment, which ironically only further proves MY argument - Blizzard do NOT balance current abilities and systems in relation to OLD expansions. Checkmate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    DEVELOPER-1: Hey man, it looks like the SUPER NERFS in legendarys didn't make the player-base sad as we wanted ...
    DEVELOPER-2: Yes, I am disappointed. We were better at this. Hnnnn ... WAIT! WHAT IF WE FORBID THEY TO USE THE COVENANTS SKILLS OUTSIDE SHADOWLANDS ????
    DEVELOPER-1: HOLY SHIT !! YOU ARE THE MAN !!!
    All i have seen for years is players begging for better balance, and complaining endlessly that thigns like legos contributed too much to a specs dps. They are attempting to give players what they wanted by toning down all the systems over and above a specs core rotation. This was one of the biggest complaints regarding corruptions as well, that people didnt like them contributing 40%+ of a specs dmg during an encounter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Because that is how they intended the system to work. That is how they designed it, and that is how they want it to function. I have not answered it because it doesnt need answering - Blizzard have answered it already.

And i LOVE your second comment, which ironically only further proves MY argument - Blizzard do NOT balance current abilities and systems in relation to OLD expansions. Checkmate.
    Yeah, fuck me for wanting to have more fun with abilities in old content that doesn't matter anymore. These are the kind of ideas and concepts that chip away at fun.

I adore your "because papa blizzard said so." Being able to waive away any sort of criticism or critique as "because I said so" is so ridiculously childish. If balance doesn't matter, then why do something that only limits our freedom more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: Hypes the Covenant abilities as one of selling points of Nerflands
    Also Blizzard: no abilities outside Nerflands!

Yeah, fuck me for wanting to have more fun with abilities in old content that doesn't matter anymore. These are the kind of ideas and concepts that chip away at fun.

I adore your "because papa blizzard said so." Being able to waive away any sort of criticism or critique as "because I said so" is so ridiculously childish. If balance doesn't matter, then why do something that only limits our freedom more?
    What covenant ability do you believe would make clearing an old raid more fun, where entire floors can be one shot?

If you cant have an open discussion without being rude and condescending, i have no interest in continuing. Give me a specific example, the ability and the raid, where your "fun" will be reduced by not having access to an ability that you have never had access to.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-08 at 10:38 PM.

This decision is totally stupid. It makes no sense. If the Blizzard team responsible for Shadowlands worked at Marvel, Spider-Man's powers would only work in New York. If they worked at DC Batman would not be able to use the batmobile outside of Ghotam and if they worked for me they would be fired.
    Can anyone remind me why this expansion is worth it?
    The legendarys were nerfed to the bone.
    The Covenant skill I had chosen (Serrated Bone spike) was nerfed to the bone.
    And now I can only use covenat skills in PVE within Shadowlands. If I duel with a friend in front of Ogrimmar this will not work.
    It seems to me that I paid for an expansion but they are only giving me half.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    The Covenant skill I had chosen (Serrated Bone spike) was nerfed to the bone.
    Then you should not have "chosen" a covenant skill before the game was even released - thats just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    This again. Yawn. The people working on shop mounts could perhaps work on something else. Any and all shop mounts are wrong.
    Sure, but you know what they couldn't work on? Game balance.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu