Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    yes, they bend their own rules for endgame content. There is literally no reason to deactivate those powers in old content. Lore should not impact gameplay. Neither endgame gameplay, nor old zones gameplay.
    nah big disagree. lore should always trump gameplay. it makes sense that the shadowlands covenants abilities dont work in azeroth and elsewhere because that is not the shadowlands. that is not the source of the powers we gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  2. #162
    It make sense to me, dead ability stay in dead land.

  3. #163
    I think the most annoying this about this is that we already have this in the game since Legion launch. It's called pvp talents. I really wish people would rise up for a change there too; I like to pvp but I hate that my class is incomplete - since pvp talents change or add pve-applicable mechanics - in other modes. At least this one has a loose lore reason, i guess.

  4. #164
    I hate this extreme moderation of character power.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Deulon View Post
    oNly MaKEs SeNSe YoUR DeAD REaLM AbILiTiES woRK iN REaLM oF tHE DeAD.

    Explain to me how it makes sense that my azerite abilities/essences work in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TIMELINE when I go do WoD content.

    Also.. "But this is, after all, a video game, and telling that story can’t come at the expense of creating a fun environment for adventurers. We’ve heard feedback that this content is currently falling short of that mark, and we agree."

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Update-October

    Looks to me Blizzard themselves have basically stated the whole "BUT MUH LORE!!1!" argument is completely invalid because GAMEPLAY ENJOYMENT is more important.
    Your essences etc won't work outside BFA content in Shadowlands.

    If you're gonna use this logic.. Why won't essences, azerite and corruption work in Shadowlands????????????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!

    Give me a break. Try to think for a second or two.

    Give me a good reason for why people need covenant abilities outside of Shadowlands.
    Hi

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    nah big disagree. lore should always trump gameplay. it makes sense that the shadowlands covenants abilities dont work in azeroth and elsewhere because that is not the shadowlands. that is not the source of the powers we gain.
    the majority of the playerbase does not care much about lore. so your argument is pretty ignorant imo.
    If you want decent lore, read books. Ofc GAMEplay is more important in a GAME...especially a MMO.

  7. #167
    Part of the issue is that we don't get new top tier talents and abilities anymore. We get borrowed power. But this change makes it so that we can't use those powers in old content, which kinda sucks if you're the type of person that loves to play around in that older content. Instead of getting to play with your new toys in your favourite zones, you're left with the same experience as before.

    It's not huge. It's not game breaking. It's just a let down. It's taking the third time in a row that borrowed power is all we get, and really slapping us in the face with the fact, which sucks. It's another restriction we never had before and a potential fun limiter.

  8. #168
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    the majority of the playerbase does not care much about lore. so your argument is pretty ignorant imo.
    If you want decent lore, read books. Ofc GAMEplay is more important in a GAME...especially a MMO.
    i dont think you know what that word means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  9. #169
    By far the only good thing I've heard about SL is that artbook has finally returned to CE.

  10. #170
    Blizzard effectively just killed the Xpac. If they did a better job redesigning the classes or the Legos, this change wouldn't hit as hard. I understand there is an issue with covenants for competitive end game players. If you play more than one role with same toon or engage in both pvp/pve you can't optimize your character. I see the issue and I don't like it at all, but I've endured worse and the overall package of Shadowlands is pretty good, so I'll overlook it. The simplest solution is give players a third covenant ability choice, let them choose between the 3 outside Shadowlands and use all 3 in Shadowlands. Simple. Easy. Smart. But no, we can't have nice things, we can't have things that make game play dynamic and interesting. I find the idea of giving all players nuclear capacity interesting gameplay. In a strange and unintended sort of way, it balances out too or at least balances better than it is now or ever has been.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    nah big disagree. lore should always trump gameplay.
    So whatever you kill should stay dead? Every dungeon and every raid should only be doable once? Because from a lore perspective, stuff is dead after you were there. And lore should always trump gameplay, right?

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    nah big disagree. lore should always trump gameplay. it makes sense that the shadowlands covenants abilities dont work in azeroth and elsewhere because that is not the shadowlands. that is not the source of the powers we gain.
    While that would be ideal, Blizzard themselves disagreed with your statement several days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  13. #173
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,262
    Imagne spending so much time on building a system that nobody wants, then push on anyway..
    To then also proceed to not let people use that very system that you wanted to hard press on so much in half the game

    Blizzard as an entertainment company sure is very good at not allowing people to be entertained.

  14. #174
    Does this mean shamans can't play any content that isn't on Azeroth? RIP Shamans.

  15. #175
    The Patient Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    225
    What a bad change. This is what we get from everyone being giant crybabies about covenants.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Your essences etc won't work outside BFA content in Shadowlands.

    If you're gonna use this logic.. Why won't essences, azerite and corruption work in Shadowlands????????????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!

    Give me a break. Try to think for a second or two.

    Give me a good reason for why people need covenant abilities outside of Shadowlands.
    Maybe I am wrong here but doesn't the shadowlands borrowed power literally change the way we play our classes? They are integral into the rotations etc? I didn't read this post and I don't know exactly what it is we wont be able to use outside of SL but I fear that doing old content will feel very silly without all our new borrowed powers.

  17. #177
    Covenant abilities really should have just been a special talent row.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

  18. #178
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Does this mean shamans can't play any content that isn't on Azeroth? RIP Shamans.
    Yeh how were our Shamans able to do anything on Argus? Lorewise shamans should have been completely worthless there. How were the shamans immediately able to use their magic on Draenor without developing relationship with the elements? How was Khadgar able to use his magic so effectively without the knowledge of the ley lines on Draenor?

    To Blizz: there are so many examples of gameplay > lore already so why die on this hill?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-08 at 05:40 PM.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Your essences etc won't work outside BFA content in Shadowlands.

    If you're gonna use this logic.. Why won't essences, azerite and corruption work in Shadowlands????????????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!

    Give me a break. Try to think for a second or two.

    Give me a good reason for why people need covenant abilities outside of Shadowlands.
    Counterpoint: All BfA stuff worked in previous Expansion stuff and just won't in Shadowlands.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Counterpoint: All BfA stuff worked in previous Expansion stuff and just won't in Shadowlands.
    Arent they changing that tho. Seems they are making it a precedent now for the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •