Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense when the expansion is over.

But does this?
    I've addressed that in other posts and said they should just simply disable it in Arena/PvP. I understand why they don't which is fine. However, disabling it in both would solve a ton of issues that arise every season where people go "X ability is OP thanks for ruining PvP Blizzard now all these noobs are just using X to carry themselves making things worthless", etc type posts and complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    yes, they bend their own rules for endgame content. There is literally no reason to deactivate those powers in old content. Lore should not impact gameplay. Neither endgame gameplay, nor old zones gameplay.
    There's no need to have it in old content either, this feels like a small thing to complain over.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Revert, dumb idea is dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I've addressed that in other posts and said they should just simply disable it in Arena/PvP. I understand why they don't which is fine. However, disabling it in both would solve a ton of issues that arise every season where people go "X ability is OP thanks for ruining PvP Blizzard now all these noobs are just using X to carry themselves making things worthless", etc type posts and complaints.
    I agree that PvP shouldnt get borrowed power like "corruptions" "essences" and "azerite gear" since it is its own "mini-game".

But why shouldnt we be able to use the covenant abilities on azeroth and old content, when we could the entire time with HoA.
    It doesnt matter if we dont need it or not, its just a weird decision to make out of the blue after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Most arenas and BGs located outside Shadowlands. Your justification is invalid.
    Just like Lucetia and many people said it: they should disable covs as a whole in pvp. I can see all the shitstorm coming at them each new patch/season.

Otherwise: ofc it HAS TO work in all bg/arenas, as it's stupid to don't let people use their cov stuff in content that IS 51-60. Everything below 51 is counted as Azeroth (doesn't make sense for draenor/bc/argus tho), which is fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But why shouldnt we be able to use the covenant abilities on azeroth and old content, when we could the entire time with HoA.
    It doesnt matter if we dont need it or not, its just a weird decision to make out of the blue after the fact.
    It's likely they decided that after Legion and BFA this is the best route to go for the future. I know people were reporting the abilities breaking things in old content for the past few beta builds. So it's possible they sat down compared the amount of time it took to fix old content in the past two expansions and decided overall it wasn't worth it. We won't really know if this is a route they plan on taking in the future unless they come out and say it or we see a repeat in next expansion.

imagine these abilities not usable for dueling outside SW/ORG

what blizzard even thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Just take it the other way around - what/who does it hurt to have Covenant's ability work outside of Shadowlands ?
    Not everything has to make sense lore wise. Otherwise go full RP mode and make Ragnaros immune to fire damage again, prevent all "Mind Blast" and the likes to work on non-sentient stuff, and other bullshit like that.

Sometimes Gameplay should prevail on RP , for obvious reasons.
    It could(!) hurt more having them enabled. They would indeed need to fix some stuff then, which is time that is needed elsewhere. No one is gonna need their cov abilities in old content.. Like, really.. It's one of the worst things to cry about.

It's likely they decided that after Legion and BFA this is the best route to go for the future. I know people were reporting the abilities breaking things in old content for the past few beta builds. So it's possible they sat down compared the amount of time it took to fix old content in the past two expansions and decided overall it wasn't worth it. We won't really know if this is a route they plan on taking in the future unless they come out and say it or we see a repeat in next expansion.
    But how did a covenant ability break something in old content, we can oneshot bosses with our main-abilities already.

Regardless its a 180 from Blizzard, Im not surprised though.
    Nobody is claiming to "need" the abilities in old content, but putting restrictions on current content like that is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    imagine these abilities not usable for dueling outside SW/ORG

what blizzard even thinking?
    WoW is dead! Like.. since 15 years, already. I'm amazed about the priorities some people set.
    Most of the crying people are crying about missing balancing, yet blizzard HAS TO ALLOW COV ON AZEROTH!!!11111. It isn't like they could use the time they'd need for fixing in balancing stuff at all..

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There's no need to have it in old content either, this feels like a small thing to complain over.
    This is such a bad argument. Why should our class be gimped if we go into old zones? The whole class design in Shadowlands is built around us having those covenants.

What about world pvp? faction city raids? Dueling outside of SW/OG? The dueling in those places is a long tradition among pvp players.

Why are you defending them making the game worse in old zones? The game should be fun, right? It should be fun to play your class, right? Having more flashy abilities to use, especially mobility skills, is fun, right? You don't NEED those abilities just like you don't need those abilities in 99% of shadowlands content either. It's about fun. It's fun to use covenant abilities. There is no reason to gimp classes in old zones and take away their fun.

Imagine if you couldn't use your heroic leap in Classic and BC content. You don't need heroic leap to get through those places but it's definitely more fun to have that ability, right?

Are you playing to have fun in this game or are you playing to just get stuff no matter how shitty your class plays?

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't make any sense.
    Can you still use them in Old Raids?
    If not, Covenant abilities shouldn't be allowed in Arenas as well as long as they are "outside of Shadowlands"
    And if you tell me "Oh well Arenas are endgame content" True, but they are outside of Shadowlands
    What about dueling in Azeroth?
    We could use Azerite on Dreanor, Argus, etc so I don't see how lore-wise this makes sense.

Actually it is lore breaking. The whole reason that Sylvanas was so over powered is because of her tie to the land of the dead. duh.
    Oh but for the players all of a sudden these things don't work.

Well if they want to be so 'technical' then the whole expansion should stop with us crossing the barrier and losing our souls connection to our mortal bodies.......

And we shouldn't be able to come back to Azeroth until we find the magic cookie monster clogging up the cookie chute.
    Upon which time the chief cookie gives us a boon to allow us to come back to the mortal realm....

LOL.

But seriously if they are going to implement this then how do they explain how players can go back and forth to the realm of death at will? Even Odyn couldn't go there and lost an eye just to glimpse it, yet here we are happily traipsing back and forth cuz super saiyan Sylvanas broke the veil between the two dimensions. So what are all the consequences of that? They should be consistent on these things it seems like.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2020-10-08 at 12:26 PM.

I'm pretty sure this is to help pvp balance. They obviously don't care about world pvp since that's almost never fair anyway. The abilities are a nightmare to balance in the first place. I mean look at tanks 1 shooting people in pvp with twilight devastation. I haven't pvp"d since vanilla really and thats what this still looks like to me.

Why are you defending them making the game worse in old zones? The game should be fun, right? It should be fun to play your class, right? Having more flashy abilities to use, especially mobility skills, is fun, right? You don't NEED those abilities just like you don't need those abilities in 99% of shadowlands content either. It's about fun. It's fun to use covenant abilities. There is no reason to gimp classes in old zones and take away their fun.
    You do realize fun is a subjective term right? Maybe a lot of people don't find them fun and found them cumbersome in the past? If I remember right it was a survey question a few times so it is always possible that was the feedback.

It's fun to use covenant abilities.
    The only one I found "fun" was the paladin Kyrian one and that was only because I can watch all the shields bounce. Other than that after testing out all the classes / specs I didn't find any that were "fun" and felt like I needed them to feel complete / fun to play.

I just don't see the benefits. If it's a lore reason, then it's irrelevant because of arenas/bgs (they won't be removed in instanced pvp).

There are no game-play advantages to it. I'm hoping that this won't make it through to live, because it's really stupid. I don't need to say more than that.

This seems to me to be a technical decision rather than a gameplay one. We know they have delayed the expansion so we know there are problems. If you were having issues with something you are adding one thing you can do it restrict its use. That way you don’t have to worry how the new feature(s) interact or effect other areas, systems and code of the rest of the game.

You do realize fun is a subjective term right? Maybe a lot of people don't find them fun and found them cumbersome in the past? If I remember right it was a survey question a few times so it is always possible that was the feedback.

The only one I found "fun" was the paladin Kyrian one and that was only because I can watch all the shields bounce. Other than that after testing out all the classes / specs I didn't find any that were "fun" and felt like I needed them to feel complete / fun to play.
    You do realize that nobody forces you to use them? You could just not use them if you find them cumbersome and people who enjoy using their skills can use them and have fun with it.

There is no reason to take them away in some content.

There is no reason to take them away in some content.
    Just because you find no reason to remove them doesn't mean there aren't reasons there. Doesn't mean you have to agree, but there are likely reasons that may or may not be told to us as time goes on.

Yeah they delayed shadowlands because using covenants on Azeroth would totally break the game.

Of course it would be fun to use those abilities in old content and zones, its mind-boggling they restrict this.