Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    What - why? Why add this additional restriction? Is there a problem with players using Covenant Abilities when farming old content? This would be like disabling legion Artifact weapons if you're not in the Broken Isles, or disabling Azerite Traits if you're not on Kul Tiras and Zandalar. It's such an incredibly stupid change.

what about timewalking?

Seems like an ok lame change.

Warriors have the exact same ability, it's called Heroic Leap. You can't use it unless there is a physical path that you can walk on from point A to point B. Venthyr teleport works exactly the same way, if there isn't a physical path from point A to point B you can't use it and are given a "Pathing not available" error message. There is literally nothing about the Venthyr teleport that is new or game breaking, it's literally just a re-skinned Heroic Leap.
    Last edited by Deulon; 2020-10-08 at 03:05 PM.
    Guild Master of <Novus> US Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    A movement ability like that of the Venthyr has great potential for exploits.
    Have you been to a Raid or dungeon as DH? I went into ZG and within five minutes I double jumped out of the map and could run around outside the zone. Who would give a shit about some guy exploiting Molten core? Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycutie View Post
    A movement ability like that of the Venthyr has great potential for exploits.
    Fucking warriors and their exploits man...

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed simple expansions where there is no borrowed powers system and just contents and fun. MoP was the last expansion that didn't have any of that bullshit.

Funny thing is back then during pre Cataclysm stuff people been waiting and excited for the path of the titans (which is another borrowed powers system) and they were so sad that it was cancelled...damn if they ever knew such systems will be a trend couple of expansions later in the future haha

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I missed simple expansions where there is no borrowed powers system and just contents and fun. MoP was the last expansion that didn't have any of that bullshit.

Funny thing is back then during pre Cataclysm stuff people been waiting and excited for the path of the titans (which is another borrowed powers system) and they were so sad that it was cancelled...damn if they ever knew such systems will be a trend couple of expansions later in the future haha
    MoP was when the flood gates first opened. Legendary ring/cloak for everyone was the beginning of the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Az0na View Post
    Only makes sense your dead realm abilities works in realm of the dead.
    I know, right? Yet there are so many kids whining like morons in this thread. Been quite amusing reading this thread.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I know, right? Yet there are so many kids whining like morons in this thread. Been quite amusing reading this thread.
    oNly MaKEs SeNSe YoUR DeAD REaLM AbILiTiES woRK iN REaLM oF tHE DeAD.

Explain to me how it makes sense that my azerite abilities/essences work in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TIMELINE when I go do WoD content.

Also.. "But this is, after all, a video game, and telling that story can’t come at the expense of creating a fun environment for adventurers. We’ve heard feedback that this content is currently falling short of that mark, and we agree."

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Update-October

Looks to me Blizzard themselves have basically stated the whole "BUT MUH LORE!!1!" argument is completely invalid because GAMEPLAY ENJOYMENT is more important.

Ah yes, nothing like making the world feel even more artificial and manufactured.

I weep for those still stuck in this now-abomination.

What are these monkey developers doing to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    What are these monkey developers doing to this game.
    Coming up with bad ideas as usual.

7+ Year Old Account
    Playing something like shadow priest in the open world without borrowed powers is a huge pain, at least compared to something like monk or demon hunter..
    If they balance a class with borrowed powers in mind, then let use them everywhere. (if borrowed powers didn't exist, priests would still have mind spike, no?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I always thought this is how it was meant to be... why should I be able to use an ability that uses force from some other world? Sure, its inconvenient, but this is MMORPG!
    Shouldn't be available in BGs and Arenas. Also DH players should not be able to TP to outland as they are creating a paradox. Shamans in SL shouldn't be able to call on elements. We don't know what elements there are in SL and if there is an elemental plane or are elementals killed.
    Why would some dog be able to kill me when I was one to slay Lich King or Nzoth himself? *Killed by random troll in Zandalar*
    Not being able to fly.
    Going back to Draenor/SL altho we are supposed to be stuck there, not to mention SL having different flow of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we won't miss them as much when they take it all away again.

This will probably be buried in this thread, but I'm confused as to why the the CE has been delayed, as it's just a Code, to enter into the account to upgrade... as it always has been. There is no difference in the "Digital Pre Orders" vs the "CE" when it comes to the game and access to the games contents.

And so, when I recieved this at 10:20 am today, 08/10/2020, I was very suprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon.co.uk
    Hello,

We are contacting you order you placed for "World Of Warcraft: Shadowlands Collectors Edition" because we have been informed by Blizzard Entertainment that they will delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year. Blizzard has not provided us the new release date, but we will contact you as soon as the release date has been confirmed.

To know more about the release delay, please visit: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...on-shadowlands

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk
    Last edited by Anaxalexi; 2020-10-08 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Disabled outside of Shadowlands? This is so stupid, what is the point in having borrowed powers if we can't even use it every where like we have with literally every other new gimmick added in the game. What the actual fuck is going on with the development team? Everything about Shadowlands seems so last minute and rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Sylvanas used her covenant abilities out of the Shadowlands, same with the Lich King. So no, lorewise it doesn't even make sense.

Plus the Ascended grab souls and fly between retaining their powers and abilities.
    We're not Sylvanas or Arthas though, so that argument doesn't make any sense at all.

Lorewise it could be that we technically could take the abilities with us, but that we won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    yes, they bend their own rules for endgame content. There is literally no reason to deactivate those powers in old content. Lore should not impact gameplay. Neither endgame gameplay, nor old zones gameplay.
    nah big disagree. lore should always trump gameplay. it makes sense that the shadowlands covenants abilities dont work in azeroth and elsewhere because that is not the shadowlands. that is not the source of the powers we gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.