Poll: Lorewise who does the most damage.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    a bear should do more damage then any human.
    DKs and Demon Hunters are not mere humans though, so they would come 3rd.

DK / DH would be close.. then bear, then war then pally, then monk.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

From a lore perspective, which tank class would do the most damage?
    Her lies.

10chars.

I feel like we're underestimating Druids. They basically turn into a massive magically-enhanced dire bear. If any weapon-wielding tank loses/breaks their, well, weapons, a significant portion of their resources are lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bearz R STRONK!

Alamo sez:

I submit for consideration - the Terror of Darkshore:

Last edited by Chakah; 2020-10-08 at 10:01 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I voted for roided out bear-ape.
    We don't need no stinkin' weapons, just claws that would cut a DH or DK in half.

If this was a competition of best DPS lore-wise, it would be one thing, but I can't really recall any notable lore heroes who specialized as tank.
    Like, Arthas was Frost (even tho in his day, Frost *could* tank), Illidan is DPS, I can't even think of a warrior or paladin with a shield who would be as notable as their DPS counterparts (Uther, Tirion).
    I think when you wrap it all up, given magical bears with nature/arcane protections and offsets, the muscle wins the show.

I mean, Malfurion is still kicking... where's the others, aside from dead and gone?

/signed biased druid

7+ Year Old Account
    Either Death Knight with his unholy Strength and diseases

Or Demon Hunter with their Fel might
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

probably a death knnight with maw of the damned

I feel like a DH in metamorphosis lorewise would have to do the most "damage".

Damage from a lore perspective? IMO it's between the death knight and the demon hunter. Warriors and paladins are too defense-oriented, and the druid is just an animal. A magically enhanced animal, but an animal nonetheless. The monk's attack are, for the most part, blunt attacks, which aren't too damaging. Death knight and demon hunters, on the other hand, seem very offensive-oriented:

• Death knights can wield a big-ass two handed axe/sword that can be quite destructive, and they can drain the blood of their enemies and inflict deadly diseases.
    • Demon hunters literally carve the body and soul of their opponents with their very sharp warglaives, and can set themselves on fire to burn anyone around them. Not to mention turning into a powerful demon, too.

3+ Year Old Account
    DK diseases sound painful as hell to be infected by. Or DHs, but demons aren't real soo...
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Looking at the lead member of each DK’s would be the strongest with arthas as an example with DH being only slightly behind if by them selfs.

Bears pally warriors and monks don’t come close.
    Arthas is an exception, he was extremely powerful because of Frostmourne - that weapon basically owened everyone. With another wepaon, against Illidan he'sd have lost.

Other DKs aren't anywhere near him either nor have forstmourne, and on average the average DK seems far more well trained and knowledgeable than the average DK. DKs seem more pala levels to be honest - Do we judge the entire mage class on the power levels of Medivh or Illidan/Azshara? do we judge the entire warlock class on the powers of Kil'jaedan or Gul'dan?

No, they're exceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn’t DK’s and DH’s wipe the floor with Warriors/Monks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a DK or druid.

WoW obviously has to balance things, because Gameplay™, but a bear is really fucking strong. Like 'break your back in 5 places with one paw smack' strong.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    I feel like we're underestimating Druids. They basically turn into a massive magically-enhanced dire bear. If any weapon-wielding tank loses/breaks their, well, weapons, a significant portion of their resources are lost.
    Very good point.. I think mahy are underestimating druids. A bear is a very powerful creature, now add a magically enhanced one, with full sentience and a little bit of offensive magic on top, both arcane and nature - .. it's powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    I feel like a DH in metamorphosis lorewise would have to do the most "damage".
    Not just metamorphosis, those glaives look like the deadliest most dangerous weapons, and they are super highly trained in them. You can't help but feel that the average DH is several levels above in weapons combat than the average knight or fighter. Meanwhile a DK is just raised from the dead, while a powerfully trained hero in his former life, he is largely just added magical powers of death to his sword skills, not super trained like you seee DHs are.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK and DH are top. Paladin close to em, followed by druid and monk. Warrior waaaay bottom lol.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    • Monk - staggering, fists, drunk power and nature magic.
    • Warrior - weapon and shield
    • Paladin - weapon and shield with the light
    • Bear - powerful teeth and claws, with arcane and nature
    • Death Knight - 2H weapon with the power of blood and death
    • Demon hunter - Fel enhanced demon, with claws, highly destructive fel and arcane counter balances.

in theory, who would do the most damage, and who would be the most vulnerable?

Imo, DH is probably the highest damage dealer and the most vulnerable - Bears are powerfully strong, add arcane and nature magic to it.. but then fel juiced super demon > bear.

Warriors in plate and shield got a lot of protection, but Paladins have the same and the magic of the light which is very protective. Monks can dodge the most, so they'd be hard to hit, fast and quick, but the DH has similar levels of speed and lot more power. Bear has a lot of padding, and surprising mobility , with nature and arcane to enhance, in some cases this is better than plate, but I think I'd take plate over it.

DK is hard to guage, it's very powerful, but DKs aren't Arthas Menethils with Frostmourne and Helm of Damnation., you have to remember that, so based on what their magic can access, while powerful i think they fall behind the DH and the Bear druids.

Most people think of DKs as Arthas, but Arthas is an exception and most of his power was in the helm and frostmourne - neither of which DKs have. You don't think of all mages as Azhara, Medivh or Illidan, nor all warlocks as Gul'dan, or Kil'jaedan now do we. Bear that in minde.
    Arthas didn't have the helm until he really stopped sullying his hands with fighting so that nonsense argument needs to stop. Sure he had Frostmourne, but that itself didn't start out powerful as it's main power was to absorb souls which when he was an actual death knight it was still pretty fresh.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Arthas is an exception, he was extremely powerful because of Frostmourne - that weapon basically owened everyone. With another wepaon, against Illidan he'sd have lost.

Other DKs aren't anywhere near him either nor have forstmourne, and on average the average DK seems far more well trained and knowledgeable than the average DK. DKs seem more pala levels to be honest - Do we judge the entire mage class on the power levels of Medivh or Illidan/Azshara? do we judge the entire warlock class on the powers of Kil'jaedan or Gul'dan?

No, they're exceptions.
    while frostmourne was of course a awesome weapon it wasn't the end all be all the ashbringer for example broke it apcolpyse and the blood axe also did the same soul eating thing as froustmourne.

as far as Dk's being behind arthas that goes for every class all druids are way behind malf all Dh's are way behind illidan ect. Dk's are also just likely trained more then dh's as Dh's focused only on demons while DK's were trained to fight all life and wield a wider range of magic then just fel as well as things like porals to the shadowlands.

The answer has to be DH or DK
    Lorewise warriors are just dudes (strong well trained dudes), paladins are just dudes, bears are bears(which are strong) and monks are just dudes. DH's are demon powered magic wood ninjas who turn into demons and DKs are undead.

Not to mention there are in-universe examples of DKs (who aren't arthas) force choking multiple people at once, in "reality" basically every fight against a humanoid as a DK ends as soon as you force choke them (unless they're also undead).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    as far as Dk's being behind arthas that goes for every class all druids are way behind malf all Dh's are way behind illidan ect. Dk's are also just likely trained more then dh's as Dh's focused only on demons while DK's were trained to fight all life and wield a wider range of magic then just fel as well as things like porals to the shadowlands.
    We all saw the level of training DHs undergo, it is described in the quests and the books as the utlimate of both magical and physical capability. The same is not said of the DKs.

And the demons Illidan and his hunters are trained to fight are far more powerful enemies than the living creatures of Azeroth on average, so training to find a demon is tougher job than the foes DKs and others would likely encounter ( i mean in general ofc) - to me that means the DH is ahead of the DK. I'm not even sure the DK is second place, I'd place him 3rd behind the druid.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-10-09 at 01:39 AM.