Poll: Lorewise who does the most damage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    We all saw the level of training DHs undergo, it is described in the quests and the books as the utlimate of both magical and physical capability. The same is not said of the DKs.

And the demons Illidan and his hunters are trained to fight are far more powerful enemies than the living creatures of Azeroth on average, so training to find a demon is tougher job than the foes DKs and others would likely encounter ( i mean in general ofc) - to me that means the DH is ahead of the DK. I'm not even sure the DK is second place, I'd place him 3rd behind the druid.
    The demons the illidari train to fight regularly lose to the creatures of azeroth so that has no baring on which are more powerful.

DH training is largely about keeping the demon in check not being the best in either magic or physical capability's. Dk's Don't have the problem of keeping a demon in check have all the bonuses of undeath which include never tiring increased strength and durability ect. then on topic of that they are trained in runefordgeing, three magic types, anti magic, ect.

Dk training is just as good if not better, they have no drawbacks, they can be stronger races then just elfs, they have the added benefits of undeath, they know how to forge rune weapons. they are pretty much better in every way baring speed and as we can see form the illidan vs arthas fight speed isn't all that.

i'd say blood dk. the entire premise of blood dk is causing pain and using it to heal wounds. (at least it was until blizz decided to make them punching bags that hit back a bit).

3+ Year Old Account
    Void Elf any tank class, that shit can instantly destroy you lorewise

any race Paladin, that shit calls on the Light to destroy you lorewise Tirion style; I'd be afraid of Blood Knights if they really exist
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-10-09 at 02:08 AM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

DK seem very strong , 2h wielding vampires spreading disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The idea that some regular schmoe with a sword and shield could stand up to anyone with magical is kind of silly, but then again the entire concept of a tank is pretty silly. :P
    To be fair, player Warriors aren't regular shmucks with hands-me-down equipment, they're hardened veterans with enchanted arms and armors that are capable of somewhat supernatural physical feats like leaping 40 yeards in a single bound or spontaneously growing bigger.

Still, point's taken that a 10 foot tall flame-wreathed demon or an undead knight with a massive weapon and the ability to boil your blood inside you do probably deal more damage than even an experienced warrior with a sword and shield.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say DH in lore is the most damage oriented of the tank classes probably followed by DK. Though I would also say DH in lore probably would be a poor tank VS anything not a demon so... ehh...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Looking at the lead member of each DK’s would be the strongest with arthas as an example with DH being only slightly behind if by them selfs.

Bears pally warriors and monks don’t come close.
    But Uther was said to be stronger then Arthas, the only reason he won is because of his blade which we now know is some ancient artifact of death.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-10-09 at 02:43 AM.

A group of demon hunters destroyed an entire world. It took the combined might of Azeroth while half the Illidari forces were away to take them down. Meanwhile, DKs were nearly taken out by a neutral faction of paladins at Light's Hope. I don't really see the comparison between the two, tank or no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    A group of demon hunters destroyed an entire world. It took the combined might of Azeroth while half the Illidari forces were away to take them down. Meanwhile, DKs were nearly taken out by a neutral faction of paladins at Light's Hope. I don't really see the comparison between the two, tank or no.
    Actually it took the combined Aldor, Scryers, and the ashtongue + a Naru and some rando heroes to take down the black temple, if you are referring to BC as a whole then I would point out that it was much more then Illidans DH's that we fought.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    But Uther was said to be stronger then Arthas, the only reason he won is because of his blade which we now know is some ancient artifact of death.
    Uther landed one blow on arthas and then was taken apart frostmourn didn't really do any thing during the battle other then be a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Actually it took the combined Aldor, Scryers, and the ashtongue + a Naru and some rando heroes to take down the black temple, if you are referring to BC as a whole then I would point out that it was much more then Illidans DH's that we fought.
    True, the Illidari did have the naga and broken and fel orcs. And the DKs had the Scourge. It was the Sha'tar, Aldor, Scryers, and Horde/Alliance forces that stopped the Illidari vs Argent Dawn that stopped the death knights. Based on what we've seen in lore from DH and DK exploits (destruction of Nathreza vs downfall of Lordaeron), I'd say DHs have done more damage than DKs. Overall I'd say DH, then DK/Druid/Paladin, then Warrior/Monk.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    <snip>
    A vampiresque undead, intelligent, sentient warrior, whose martial prowess is considerably augmented by the powers of death and decay looks like a far more formidable foe than any brute using sword and board (whether he/she is flashing with light or not), or a kung fu panda wannabe. Only a DH might be somewhat close to the power of a DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights over DH anyway

you are already death

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    DK diseases sound painful as hell to be infected by. Or DHs, but demons aren't real soo...
    But Death Knights are real?

1. DK
    2. DH
    3. Bear
    4. Warrior=Paladin
    5. Monk

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    But Death Knights are real?
    Well, poisons and diseases are I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    A vampiresque undead, intelligent, sentient warrior, whose martial prowess is considerably augmented by the powers of death and decay looks like a far more formidable foe than any brute using sword and board (whether he/she is flashing with light or not), or a kung fu panda wannabe. Only a DH might be somewhat close to the power of a DK.
    Both are Hero Classes too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Fel's inherent purpose is to cause destruction of course it's going to do more damage lore-wise. Now, being the more effective tank of the two? That would be DK, because of its blood abilities.

OP's question is specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I get Bear/Warrior/Monk not coming close, but surely a truly devout Paladin would be in with a shout?
    No, I'd actually put Paladins pretty low on the list. The primary purposes of Paladins are to protect and heal, not to strike down their foes. The only exception would be when they're facing demons or undead, in which case I'd put them just behind DH and slightly ahead of DK (I don't see DKs as being particularly powerful against undead or demons, diseases don't make sense as an effective attack against undead).

I'd put DH>Druid≥DK>Monk>Paladin≥Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

According mmo champion a giant bear with control over nature is harmless. And a warrior with magic is less dangerous than a plain warrior.

Death Knights were created by the Lich King with the sole purpose of bringing destruction and death where ever they go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Lore-wise, I think a Death Knight is probably going be your most dangerous Tank. Towering juggernauts in plate, sadistic and able to steal life essence as well spreading plagues, striking at opponents with giant vampiric runeblades? Definitely the most offense-minded of the lot when it comes to Tanking. Second place probably goes to the Demon Hunter who boasts a lot of offensive capacities even in Vengeance spec, and can also become a giant demon periodically.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead