Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Awww poor thing, did you get all offended? Why would you care? They have no meaningful impact on your gameplay other than x spell does y % more damage

    Don't get upset.


    - - - Updated - - -



    No my entire summary is they are meaningless and add no real depth to your gameplay. But hey, if you enjoy systems on top of systems on top of systems that they clearly have no idea how to get right, then go right ahead
    Oooh, ok you're just a bully. Pathetic.

  2. #22
    They definitely should if conduits are spec specific soulbinds should be. Because as it stands Druid is basically locked out of one spec all together. Also not even from a power point some soulbinds have some good utility depending on what you like to do and to be forced out of that for changing specs because your soul bind has Ret conduits and your prot now seems silly. Then they can go back to the weekly cool down so jimmy hates life doesn’t change conduits every boss because he needs .000013% dps gains on cleave.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Well, this would remove the whole intention of the system.

    You are NOT suppose to be optimal in all aspects of the system. You have to choose. Thats the whole fun of the system.

    Even without the system all together you will not be optimal in all situations anyway so its not even a sensible thing to have as a goal.

    Just pick what you like and enjoy the game.
    I couldn't really pick what I want if I want to play different specs though. Not if I want to be optimal, if that is what I enjoy about the game.
    It's super fine if you only play one spec. Maybe less annoying if all your specs are damage dealers but if it's tank, healer and dps they become quite different.

    I just see myself picking what's best for mythic raiding and then every other spec has to suffer some. If not, I would just pick something that works ok for every spec, not being optimized anywhere.

    I liked Azerite pieces because while they were never optimal for every situation and spec, you could get many different parts and use for different sets. One for PvP, one for m+, one for raiding etc. I would have to work harder for my gear than someone who's happy with one set and that is totally fine.

    This time around, with covenants and soulbinds I can't play like I want. I will be dictated by meta and bis, only. That's not fun.

    We'll see though. I might be wrong but initially that's how I feel.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  4. #24
    Why not just make soul binds not exist?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Oooh, ok you're just a bully. Pathetic.
    LOLOLOL tells me to fuck off, then calls me the bully

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    No, my original point was that it's not a fun system and no one would care if its gone. One of the key flaws of the system is the continuous farming of the same conduits over and over.

    That's neither fun nor engaging, meaningful gameplay.
    The game itself is not engaging nor meaningful? Because that's what you do when you farm. You play the game, do you not?
    Just like World quests are repetitive. Or raids. Or crafting.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    There's so much trying to make soul binds better right now than their current situation. Why not just give us the 3 should binds that are tied to our spec?

    This would make it so if I'm on my pally I can tank dps and heal without gimping 2 of my specs by having bad soul binds.

    Just to clear up what I'm saying by tied to the spec, let's say Pelagos is your optimal should bind for Holy and Ret. When you swap from Holy to Ret, your Pelagos also switches its conduits and patching based on what you have set for that spec.
    Unpopular opinion:

    You shouldn't be as strong on your offspec than as on your main specc.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Because if you like it, you're obviously an idiot and a Blizzard shill!

    /s
    Well a lot of people think like that and without a /s.

    On https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/ for example you get very hated if you enjoy any thing about the game, Being called white knight and such if you try to argue against the haters.. and i’m sure WoW has a lot of such people as well

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    The game itself is not engaging nor meaningful? Because that's what you do when you farm. You play the game, do you not?
    Just like World quests are repetitive. Or raids. Or crafting.
    Yeah, because people loved having to unlock the same azerite traits over and over in BfA

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well a lot of people think like that and without a /s.

    On https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/ for example you get very hated if you enjoy any thing about the game, Being called white knight and such if you try to argue against the haters.. and i’m sure WoW has a lot of such people as well
    I mean, reddit is infamous for creating echo Chambers, so thats like going to a wasp nest and saying this nasty because there are so many wasps.

    But yeah, sadly there are people, who unironically support or hate blizz blindly.


    On one hand, Blizz finally listens to us somewhat, and changed alot of things on our outcries.
    On the other hand, Blizz did alot of really stupid decisions in the past and present.

    I get both sides of the spectrum, but some people are just blindly flailing around.
    Last edited by LordTakeo; 2020-10-11 at 11:52 AM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah, because people loved having to unlock the same azerite traits over and over in BfA
    Yeah, because playing the game is vomit inducing?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Yeah, because playing the game is vomit inducing?
    I think it's less about playing the game, and more about the repetitive rewards.
    Because finally getting a 15 ilvl upgrade helmet with bad traits... Seeing how you deal less damage, and having to grind the same traits you had all expansion, making you feel stagnant, is kinda not too fun.

  13. #33
    Because MEANINGFUL CHOICES. You know, a new buzzword within WoW community. It goes to show how dumbed down the community has become to be cheering for a system that punishes you more often than not, by design. But it's a CHOICE so let's rejoice! Even better, a meaningful one, hooray.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well a lot of people think like that and without a /s.

    On https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/ for example you get very hated if you enjoy any thing about the game, Being called white knight and such if you try to argue against the haters.. and i’m sure WoW has a lot of such people as well
    Aye, I enjoy WoW, but theres stuff I'm very displeased about, to say the least.

    Just hating on everything all the time doesnt seem very fun.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Aye, I enjoy WoW, but theres stuff I'm very displeased about, to say the least.

    Just hating on everything all the time doesnt seem very fun.
    There's plenty to enjoy about the game, but I don't think the Soulbind system adds anything of value in its current iteration. The sheer amount of development resources that have gone in to making it work could've been spent on making the classes the best they could be without relying on borrowed power to achieve it

  16. #36
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Awww poor thing, did you get all offended? Why would you care? They have no meaningful impact on your gameplay other than x spell does y % more damage

    Don't get upset.
    Not just unnececery rude but also untrue.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    There's plenty to enjoy about the game, but I don't think the Soulbind system adds anything of value in its current iteration. The sheer amount of development resources that have gone in to making it work could've been spent on making the classes the best they could be without relying on borrowed power to achieve it
    And that's all fine.

    I havent read too much about it, but its a Azerite thingie 2.0 (from what I've gathered so far), and I'm not huge fan of it, but I'll have to just deal with it either way. :/

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After they redesigned and readjusted them 3 times now without ever stating the actual goal of them for most of it, it is kinda obvious that they had no idea what soulbinds should be in the first place. They should have probably scrapped them back then and just made legendaries more interesting. As this thread shows though, a few people have bought into the idea hook, line and sinker, despite it doing absolutely nothing besides giving you nether crucible style mid tier or inner azerite trait style generic perks. Frankly I would have thought of them as more meaningfull if they were just "bodyguards" in the open world and a medium CD in instanced content. Conduits are shit tier glphys in the first place, they could have nailed them to any old interface, so let's not kid ourselves here.

    But you are right, it is to late and all the people that have decided this is the best thing since sliced bread need to taste how pointless it is for themselves, otherwise we will only get martyr myths about the great system that was killed by the evil elites or some other rubbish like that.
    Something like that, yes.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

    You shouldn't be as strong on your offspec than as on your main specc.
    That just seems like an excuse for a mediocre player to not have to learn/play their off spec. If you are willing to gear off specs you should be just as strong with them, with no choice killing time gates.

  20. #40
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    There's so much trying to make soul binds better right now than their current situation. Why not just give us the 3 should binds that are tied to our spec?

    This would make it so if I'm on my pally I can tank dps and heal without gimping 2 of my specs by having bad soul binds.

    Just to clear up what I'm saying by tied to the spec, let's say Pelagos is your optimal should bind for Holy and Ret. When you swap from Holy to Ret, your Pelagos also switches its conduits and patching based on what you have set for that spec.
    Because some moron(s) in the dev team thought that making 12 soulbind effects would be less work than making 36. And look how's that turning to be... Gotta admit, I'm amazed at the dev team's skill at shooting themselves in the feet. But even more amazing is to see the same three or four posters blathering about Meaningful Choices™, which in the end it boils down to "choose the one venue of endgame you want to be decent at, in exchange for sucking donkey balls in the other two".
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •