Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation SL pre-patch notes

Hunters thoughts?

Personally glad to see Kill Shot & arcane shot coming back for all specs, as well as hunters mark (should not be on GCD though).

However, thee are some massive rape nerfs in there:

Revive Pet doubled cast time
    Multi-Shot and Beast Cleave now capped at 5 targets.
    Spirit Mend (Spirit Beast pet ability) healing reduced by 66%.
    Barrage now capped at 8 targets (WHAT THE FUCK?)

AoE & survivability is gone now, hunters will be literal shit come the 13th of october.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I read about the AoE cap on all targets. Doenst make it any less shitty.

All classes have AoE capped.

Hunters Mark doesnt have a damage bonus so no need to be off GCD
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Still too much GCD, Hunters Mark and Crows should be Off-GCD. 3 to 4.5 sec spent to setup a burst on a 1 cc class, not funny expecially in 2v2 contest.

maybe spirit mend numbers will match the tooltip after ... since it was implemented xd it healed so much more than it was written in spell tooltip

With the recent buff to Cobra Shot, Arcane shot can thankfully come off the bar, as well as Hunter's Mark in most PvE scenarios.
    Chim shot is worthless, and even Crows isn't looking good, and since no one used Barrage anyway I don't see the doom and gloom.
    My predictions, BM will play about the same in SL as BFA. Dance of Death was basically a passive you didn't proactively manage, and by the end most players were running VoP major, or Blood of the enemy.

Being target capped is fine, from the M+ testing I've done on Beta it's really not a big deal, like at all. Ever.
    Early SL BM will play a lot like Uldir or maybe BoD era BM, just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newreyz View Post
    Still too much GCD, Hunters Mark and Crows should be Off-GCD. 3 to 4.5 sec spent to setup a burst on a 1 cc class, not funny expecially in 2v2 contest.
    Hunter's Mark doesnt do anything but let you see the target on the map/invisibility. There is no longer a damage component to it, so you don't need to use it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by heheszek View Post
    maybe spirit mend numbers will match the tooltip after ... since it was implemented xd it healed so much more than it was written in spell tooltip
    throwback to when we had spirit bond, heart of the phoneix and proper spirit mend. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    throwback to when we had spirit bond, heart of the phoneix and proper spirit mend. Those were the days.
    Man.. Those were the BEST THINGS ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    More use in PvP, really, to mark a rogue or cat.
    You're not really setting that up for burst, though. You mark the rogue or cat and it's set it and forget it. Unless you think some sort of stealth hindrance should be OGCD? Not really a fan of a hard counter being spammable.

I'm reluctant to main hunter in SL. I am liking MM, however not BM or surv. I would hate to have MM be the lowest performing of the specs. Surv is a joke of a spec not even gonna go into it, BM feels like its the most boring its ever been. I know that atm on beta MM is the best but i dont trust blizz to keep it as is throughout the expansion, or on launch either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I actually wasn't at all thinking about GCD on it. I was, as you say, thinking of it as just a hindrance to opposing character stealth. Might be useful to mark the floating DH that jumped off a cliff, too. But, none of that really interacts with GCD.
    Oh right, I got you.

The 4s pet revive time is probably the biggest issue on the beta forums, now that Hunter's Mark is fixed. But only PvP players care about it, so it's not getting a lot of play.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How is survivability gone? Just the spirit mend nerf? Can’t say I ever picked a spirit beast just for the heal always seemed pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How is survivability gone? Just the spirit mend nerf? Can’t say I ever picked a spirit beast just for the heal always seemed pretty weak.
    Woot?

The spirit heal was extremely strong and basically a part time healer.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Woot?

Every time I’ve used it I’ve found it to be insignificant to rather I live or not. But my main pet isn’t a spirit beast so Mabye it’s just because I have a bad sample size of using it.

Every time I’ve used it I’ve found it to be insignificant to rather I live or not. But my main pet isn’t a spirit beast so Mabye it’s just because I have a bad sample size of using it.
    I don't remember how it was prior to Legion, but both in Legion and BFA (early, stopped playing later) it was a significant heal.
    I'm not going to look it up (CD/%values) but it was like... I don't know...
    a 50% HP heal every 20 seconds or something?

I even remember how my party members I play the game with for years kept adressing it early BFA because it was so noticeable in mythic/mythic+, even though I've basically always used a spirit-pet since WotLK
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-09 at 05:03 AM.

I feel that there will be too many abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Woot?

What are you talking about? The spirit mend thing was nothing. It only helped if you could somehow avoid damage during its duration, so it can actually heal you. But it did absolutely nothing with a melee bashing your teeth in.

After a while I dumped my spirit beast and used a raptor because Master's Call was sooooooooooooooo much better in fights against melee specs than that shit heal.

Probably.

Spirit beast heal was a major boon for me as BM hunter.
    And basically one of the major things that made hunter competitieve survival wise with some of the other classes.
    In higher M+ there are a ton of random abilities that just chunk you for 50% of your HP. The ability to spirit mend it (which heals for about 50% of your HP) so your healer can continue dpsing is of immense value for the speed of run.

Spirit mend combined with Healing Pot or Spirit mend combined with Exhileration is pretty much a 0 to 100% heal.
    And even with frequent spirit mend usage and minimal overhealing, we're still nowhere near many of the other classes when it comes to self healing.

While it was infact a bug, Blizzard has known of this since Legion and left it in as it wasn't broken and actually gave hunter some defensive punch.

For those that don't know:
    Tooltip mentioned it healed for 60% AP + 120% AP over 10 seconds (= 24% AP per 2 sec)
    but in reality it healed for 60% AP + 600% AP over 10 seconds (= 120% AP per 2 sec)
    Obviously a mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    What are you talking about? The spirit mend thing was nothing. It only helped if you could somehow avoid damage during its duration, so it can actually heal you. But it did absolutely nothing with a melee bashing your teeth in.

After a while I dumped my spirit beast and used a raptor because Master's Call was sooooooooooooooo much better in fights against melee specs than that shit heal.
    It's great in PvE. I had it keybound 3 times. One to heal myself, one to heal my focus target (tank) and one to heal my mouse over target.
    My healer loved me as it helped him immensely under high pressure. It heals for 50% HP of non-tanks and is off the GCD (as it's a pet ability)

It counters a ton of affixes as well in M+ (3+ Grievous stacks ? Spirit mend; 6 Bursting stacks ? Spirit Mend; etc)
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2020-10-09 at 10:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Hunters thoughts?

Personally glad to see Kill Shot & arcane shot coming back for all specs, as well as hunters mark (should not be on GCD though).

However, thee are some massive rape nerfs in there:

Revive Pet doubled cast time
    Multi-Shot and Beast Cleave now capped at 5 targets.
    Spirit Mend (Spirit Beast pet ability) healing reduced by 66%.
    Barrage now capped at 8 targets (WHAT THE FUCK?)

AoE & survivability is gone now, hunters will be literal shit come the 13th of october.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I read about the AoE cap on all targets. Doenst make it any less shitty.
    Yeah, with these AoE caps it is also weird to see that Volley for Marksmanship doesn't have the cap mentioned. Which could technically mean that Marksmanship would be best on fights with 5+ targets.

As for many talking about Revive Pet. That seems like it is only an issue if you cast it during combat. However, I believe it is longer because killing your pet should be worthwhile to do in PvP. Especially considering how much time you might need to spend to attack the pet so that it does die.