Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    In bold. Exactly, and that is what rental powers don't deliver cause your progression is rudely removed from you at the end of the expansion like nothing happened. You contradict yourself. Your immersion should be in your class, not some random expansion made up thing that goes away as easily as it arrived. Covenants? Will all be gone next expansion. No more ability, no more conduits, no more soulbind. Everything will be gone. The skills you gained, the progress you made, all gone. How is that progression? It's "side"gression at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Again with the exaggerations. You do get that proves me right? Pruning every year huh? When has that ever happened? First it's you get 50 abilities in 3 expansions and then you prune abilities every year. Deary me...
    Do you not realize that the fact you evoke exaggeration is a hint that it is not nearly as bad as you paint it?

First, the pace at which we gain abilities is something that we have not determined. You may only get one per expansion, then you only need to prune every 10 expansions, maybe not even so. So, yes, i'm totally fine with pruning as a method. Only useless abilities get removed.
    As i told you, you can just upgrade existing abilities, or just slowly add a new column to the talent trees. Can mix all of these. The problem you paint is not nearly the problem you think it is. Only lack of imagination and incompetence make it a problem.
    If you have 5 core abilites, with 2-3 CDs that you use regularly in a boss fight. Adding 1 ability to this means 20% more. So in 5 expansions we have 100% more abilities to press than before. Of course, there are exceptions - I better mention this, since you straw man like crazy.

You should go back to "I dont have any arguments but there are threads out there with people who have just go and read them!"

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    Yeah they even listen to the crybabies, that bitch about simple shit that has a meaningless impact to the game.
    Why are you this way? Giving feedback = / = whining.

As long as they don't effect PVP I don't honestly care about these non-sense covenants.

i hated having to go to stormwind just to activate warmode. like why couldn't that just be done in boralus?

I just saw people calling this WOW: Refundlands ...Hillarious
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In bold. Exactly, and that is what rental powers don't deliver cause your progression is rudely removed from you at the end of the expansion like nothing happened.
    This is such hyperbolic nonsense that completely ignores the played experience over the 2+ years of an expansion cycle, and chooses instead to focus on the "glitch that" happens on the day you transition to the new expansion.

Once you accept the patently obvious fact that some kind of reset is necessary, and that this removal of "rental powers" really only affects content that you're done with anyway, then it really isn't the massive deal you're making it out to be.

You contradict yourself.
    No I don't.

Your immersion should be in your class, not some random expansion made up thing that goes away as easily as it arrived. Covenants? Will all be gone next expansion. No more ability, no more conduits, no more soulbind.
    Why is this such a big deal?

During Legion we had artifacts. Obtaining them, growing their artifact power, unlocking abilities, adding stuff to them, was all pretty fun for the 2 years or so that I played Legion. But a big part of what made it fun was the stuff that was new, not the stuff that was old. So when Legion ended, losing them wasn't a big deal, because we started with our amulets. And despite the fact that the artifacts weapons were a better system than the amulet and azerite powers were (IMO), the fact that the amulet was new made it preferable to doing the exact same thing all over again.

Honestly, what happens to our SL "rental powers" at the end of SL is of little or no consequence to one's ability to enjoy the expansion, unless of course you've stubbornly decided you're going to make it an issue.

Everything will be gone. The skills you gained, the progress you made, all gone. How is that progression? It's "side"gression at best.
    Yes and no. But in terms of what matters, no.

Like it or not, WoW, being a perpetual game, needs to keep your character pretty much steady, power wise relative to current content. We're always progressing, but whenever we reach our maximum potential, the game steps and we're essentially back in the same position relative to the new content. If it wasn't like that there would be no game.

Regardless, during each expansion you achieve things, you defeat tiers of content and you move on. That doesn't disappear. So again, I really am struggling to understand what the real problem here is?

First, the pace at which we gain abilities is something that we have not determined. You may only get one per expansion, then you only need to prune every 10 expansions, maybe not even so. So, yes, i'm totally fine with pruning as a method. Only useless abilities get removed.
    I will say this: Both Artifact weapons and the Heart of Azeroth proved to be fun and meaningful means of level capped progression. And the amount of things each brought to character power do require pruning at the end of the expansion in order to avoid massive bloat.

And sure, if they only introduced 1 new ability per expansion, then it would certainly mean a lot less necessary pruning, but the saving in pruning would be directly proportional to a decrease in what makes the game fun and engaging. In other words it's an utterly useless solution that fails entirely to solve anything.

As i told you, you can just upgrade existing abilities, or just slowly add a new column to the talent trees. Can mix all of these. The problem you paint is not nearly the problem you think it is. Only lack of imagination and incompetence make it a problem.
    I do find it amusing though that your presented solution is about as lacking in imagination as is humanly possible. It's also utterly boring. WoW did not survive this long by remaining static. It did so, and continues to do so, by constantly refreshing itself and bringing new and interesting things to the game to keep us engaged.

For every action there must be an equal and opposite reaction. This game needs to keep providing us with new and interesting means of level capped progression. That results in the need to counter that each time they want to add a new thing (ie at the end of each expansion). I don't really think you can have one without the other. And while you seem to believe that the loss of "rental powers" is something that must be avoided at all costs (something you haven't really substantiated at all), I see it as a truly trivial and minor necessity for a far greater good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I just saw people calling this WOW: Refundlands ...Hillarious
    Are that many people honestly opting for refunds? I mean I get that there will always be some, but my perception is that the vast majority who pre-ordered are sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Now, just make Covenants easily swappable and make them unusable in PvP
    No thanks. It's good that they are not as easily swappable as like talents. Actually it would be better if talents weren't so easily swappable in PvE as they are now. Maybe lock them for the ID when you joined the instance (only talents, not spec).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Are that many people honestly opting for refunds? I mean I get that there will always be some, but my perception is that the vast majority who pre-ordered are sticking with it.
    I didn't. I already refunded it, but simply because i really hate it when they say a date and then change it: i returned cyberpunk because of it, and i do the same for WoW. (althrough i will buy cyberpunk probably on release) Especially now that I don't even know the date when it's get released, so i rather refund it and buy it when i want to play it. And since WoW will probably get released in a tight game window (and i probably also don't have time to play as much as i wanted), i might not even play it on release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    when the following expansion comes out (yes, there will be one)

Shadowlands isn't even out, worst then that it's release date got pushed back and here they are already talking about another expansion?

Wait... "yes, there will be one" "there will be one" "one" ??? Holyheck! The next expansion will be the last expansion!
    Why is this a surprise?

Of course Blizzard has plans for the next expansion. They probably have vague plans for the one following that too.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    We’re on a roll, guys!

Now, what else do the people want changed?

Scrap Bullshit like azerite gear, corruptions, and conduits. Bring Reforging. Way way easier then all this complex stuff like conduits and such
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds cool, but did they just lowkey admit that we won't keep our powers next expansion??

Why we have 3 interlocking systems in this expansion is beyond me.
    Covenants + abilities, conduits/soulbinds, and lengendaries.
    Why?

I think craftable legendaries + set bonuses would have been plenty. Need to upgrade legendaries each tier - or choose from new ones added in patch, and get a new set bonus.
    Simple. Easy.

Personally, was considering not even putting them on my actionbars. That's who borrowed they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No thanks. It's good that they are not as easily swappable as like talents. Actually it would be better if talents weren't so easily swappable in PvE as they are now. Maybe lock them for the ID when you joined the instance (only talents, not spec).
    Considering that raiding, M+ and PvP are totally different content I'd agree. But making them not swappable everytime I try to do one of them just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    ummmmmm. No thanks. Please don't tell me you were one of those who wanted and liked when you couldn't switch between conduits for once a week.
    Well actually I like rpg games. Where you have to think about how you build your character. Like in every good rpg.

I just think it's bad for people that want to do different contents. There should be a better solution for this. Right now switching one conduit a day is bad in my eyes. Id rather have a full switch or no switch instead of a half-hearted solution.
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2020-10-09 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If you have 5 core abilites, with 2-3 CDs that you use regularly in a boss fight. Adding 1 ability to this means 20% more. So in 5 expansions we have 100% more abilities to press than before. Of course, there are exceptions - I better mention this, since you straw man like crazy.

You should go back to "I dont have any arguments but there are threads out there with people who have just go and read them!"
    lololol!

Changing to % now?

Have you heard? Xbox1 sales are up 100% in Japan. It went from 2000 to 4000! Wow! So impressive! Xbox saved in Japan!

I have arguments, you have nothing. You close your ears and go "lalala". You have no notion of game design.
    There are several mmo's out there that don't have this problem. So, howcome is this is a WoW only problem eh? Your failure of imagination and experience is not my fault. But hey, you are someone who gets told what to think rather than think for yourself, so what do you know?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This is such hyperbolic nonsense that completely ignores the played experience over the 2+ years of an expansion cycle, and chooses instead to focus on the "glitch that" happens on the day you transition to the new expansion.

Once you accept the patently obvious fact that some kind of reset is necessary, and that this removal of "rental powers" really only affects content that you're done with anyway, then it really isn't the massive deal you're making it out to be.

*snip large quote*
    So, in short, just like the other guy "lalala". Alrighty then.

Fact here is rental power doesn't work. Most people don't like it. There are other methods. Your rejection of the existence of other and better methods that don't deny progression is an exercise in stubbornness and is not something i care in engaging. Your lack of imagination is not my problem.

Fact is, your assumption was proven wrong. It wasn't difficult to do. Now you guys scramble about denying other methods that don't deny progression and change goal posts. Okey dokey. I get it. Too proud to admit it now, i understand. Moving on.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-09 at 04:47 PM.

lololol!

Changing to % now?

Have you heard? Xbox1 sales are up 100% in Japan. It went from 2000 to 4000! Wow! So impressive! Xbox saved in Japan!

I have arguments, you have nothing. You close your ears and go "lalala". You have no notion of game design.
    There are several mmo's out there that don't have this problem. So, howcome is this is a WoW only problem eh? Your failure of imagination and experience is not my fault. But hey, you are someone who gets told what to think rather than think for yourself, so what do you know?!
    Your failure of imagination and experience is not my fault. What does that even mean in that context. You must be trolling at this point. This can not be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Your failure of imagination and experience is not my fault. What does that even mean in that context. You must be trolling at this point. This can not be serious.
    No, you must be trolling. You two said it was the only way to avoid bloat. I proved it wasn't. You go "lalala". Who is trolling who here? We are done.

No, you must be trolling. You two said it was the only way to avoid bloat. I proved it wasn't. You go "lalala". Who is trolling who here? We are done.
    I hope you enjoy your borrowed power in Shadowlands!

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Well actually I like rpg games. Where you have to think about how you build your character. Like in every good rpg.

I just think it's bad for people that want to do different contents. There should be a better solution for this. Right now switching one conduit a day is bad in my eyes. Id rather have a full switch or no switch instead of a half-hearted solution.

I do understand where you are coming from. I wish wow would be somewhat similar to RPG's. But I am not sure that will be the case. People were already complaining about how complex the character screen was, for Shadowlands, when you first make your toon. Which made me laugh cause I was thinking that some of these people must not have ran into games such as Soul and Blade and Black Desert Online which that is complex when you first make a toon. To be honest it is hard to get "Good" thing for WoW because people moan that it is too much or the best phrase ever..."It is toooo OP"
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I do understand where you are coming from. I wish wow would be somewhat similar to RPG's. But I am not sure that will be the case. People were already complaining about how complex the character screen was, for Shadowlands, when you first make your toon. Which made me laugh cause I was thinking that some of these people must not have ran into games such as Soul and Blade and Black Desert Online which that is complex when you first make a toon. To be honest it is hard to get "Good" thing for WoW because people moan that it is too much or the best phrase ever..."It is toooo OP"
    Yeah, the other thing is. Look how many people got nzoth myth. Close to 2%. WoW isn't about competition either. So why do they try so hard?
    I also get my myth kills whenever I have a guild, but not being able to switch a 2% dmg conduit was never the reason those guilds arent top 100. It's because people are standing in fire.
    If decisions don't have down sides, why even have them? Just throw another small reward at the player. Covenants where close to being a real rpg element and got dumped down to something close to a mobile game quick reward.
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2020-10-09 at 05:37 PM.