How to queue into lower level dungeons?

I saw a demon hunter in hellfire ramparts and a level 115 mage in stonecore that were both showing up as a lower level, but still dealing about 100% more damage than others. How is it done? Is it some party queue syncing the levels?

Odd that you just can't queue into whichever instance you want, timewalking style where your level gets adjusted. Pretty stupid that you have to choose specific dungeons only at your level.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Yup, you're right, party sync makes this possible.

It's party sync. The damage though like in timewalking is mostly depending on the spec, some do ridiculous damage and others scale fairly badly. Don't expect any form of balancing there, although I assume this is probably a non issue with SL coming.

Ah. That makes sense then!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Any character can queue with any other character now. The lowest of the 2 will always be chosen.
    Was part of the "Party Sync" suite of changes, but not technically party sync. If you USE party sync though, you will be scaled to their level for rewards purposes as well, otherwise you retain your expected rewards upon completion - which is typically nothing if you are much higher level.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV