Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Whoa, whoa! Hold up! You mean they're not nerfing frenzied regen into the ground at the start of the xpac like they have at the beginning of every one since it was added? Why would they break such a sacred tradition?
    Hey, it's not out yet, I'm sure they'll remember before the expansion goes live and make the necessary changes to ensure Druid bears suck nuts until late in the expansion!

On the other hand, the game will improve quite a bit without the gimmicky bullshit that were corruptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - it is going to really suck, us DPS having a reason to be in groups again.

- - - Updated - - -

I never benefited from them really, tried Infinite Stars, Tendrils and Twilight - never got over 1-2% of my dps on them.

So I just went for pure stat increases - boring as hell, meanwhile all the melee classes including tanks were doing 20% corruption damage.
    Is there any spec that doesn't actually stack stat increase? I never see any dps or tanks run with damage corruptions.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    so what is the tanks job then? Generate threat? Move the boss from planned location 1 to planned location 2?
    Whats the reward structure? What makes a good tank vs a bad tank? What makes tanking fun to play... and getting hit in the face over and over isn't really an answer here.
    Conducting the fight in a manner that helps everyone , maintaining threat when you have meter driven morons for dps, and ensuring that everyone work cohesively to defeat a given enemy. What additional 'reward' do you think is required here?

Tanking is fun when all these things happen, not sure what else to say about it. Much like healing, the spec isn't going to be appealing to everyone.

At least half the tanks in this game do so solely because it's extremely advantageous when pugging.

I'll be glad when that crap is gone. Nothing better than waiting for a Quest Mob to spawn, and some Git one shots it with TD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Wanting to have an impact on the raid like both other roles do?
    That's nonsense, because tanks have an impact on the raid - knowledge of boss mechanics that are managed by tanks are often the single biggest 'get it right or wipe' aspect of a given boss fight. Don't turn Wrathion properly? Your whole raid eats his breath weapon and dies. Don't manage Psychus properly on N'zoth? Stacks drop off and you wipe. Etc, etc.

So the idea that you can only have an 'impact' if you have something like Twilight Devastation is dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'll be glad when that crap is gone. Nothing better than waiting for a Quest Mob to spawn, and some Git one shots it with TD.
    Agreed. That's pretty high on my list of 'things to be excited about on patch day' as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

because a random proc composing 80% of your damage is super fun and engaging /s

besides holy power needs to just die already... I'm glad the rest is going away. Besides Solo play I wish tanks did basically did zero, dps, no set rotation tanks job should be moving bosses, add control etc.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

In order to make tanks fun in BfA, they had to:

- Create azerite traits, that you NEEDED to stay competitive.
    - Create Essences that you NEEDED to push high keys.
    - Create corruption that helped you do damage.
    ( -And mythic items that you keep for the whole next raidtier because nothing compares)

^That is a clear sign to me, that tanks need a rework.

as a bear the only time ive enjoyed meme beam is when im trying to nuke a event or wq mon down be4 any1 else can tag it overwise its meh for me, glad to see corruptions go

That moment when tanks complain that they're back to ONLY 40-50% of a dps spec ... the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Is there any spec that doesn't actually stack stat increase?
    Yeah - I'm about the only one in my raid group that stacked stats, everyone else was all on the massive procs - esp Twilight or Stars.

Remember the days when tanks tanked, and dps dpsed ... I notice that my mage didn't get any tanking abilities whilst the tanks all got DPS abilities.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

DH still used infinite stars, and there are a few other things. But for the most part everyone has been stacking stat corruptions for a long time.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I feel like many people who are complaining about tanks don't really want to tank. They just want to be a very durable DPS.
    Correct. I generally don't feel like I'm performing well as a dps, so I heal or tank. I enjoy tanking and my objective is to not die and make it easier on the rest of the group by taking as little damage as I can. I don't want to be a discount dps that holds aggro. I'm a meat shield, a punching bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That moment when tanks complain that they're back to ONLY 40-50% of a dps spec ... the horror.
    Let them respec. Good riddance. Tank DPS being top priority ruined Tanking. You care about damage? Roll a DPS spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Gonna suck big time to lose beam of devestation, that was one of the most fun things ever.
    I'm just happy that 2H Prot Paladins are still a thing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I feel like many people who are complaining about tanks don't really want to tank. They just want to be a very durable DPS.
    Lets face it, nobody thinks its fun only to be a meatshield and dont do any damage but move the boss around while using mitigation abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - I'm about the only one in my raid group that stacked stats, everyone else was all on the massive procs - esp Twilight or Stars.

Remember the days when tanks tanked, and dps dpsed ... I notice that my mage didn't get any tanking abilities whilst the tanks all got DPS abilities.
    Ah. Maut must be fun with people going high IS / TD :P
    Hi

Nah, makes it way more Chill for the Heals.

TD is the trouble maker, and only in trash pulls - other than that, the healers cope with the rest ok - well once I learned not to burst him at that point on my arcane mage

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Lets face it, nobody thinks its fun only to be a meatshield and dont do any damage but move the boss around while using mitigation abilities.
    Let's face it, your generalisations aren't worth a penny.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose