Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For us tanks who played through MoP, TD was just a fun throwback to those times, back when you could top DPS in a raid, in C-modes, didn't even need any external heals!

MoP was easily the best expansion for tanks.
    Vengeance was the best thing to ever happen to tanks and it has been ridiculously shitty after mop.
    And i'm willing to bet, everyone who complains "hurr durr tanks do to much dps" are just incredibly shitty at being a dps. That's all it is.

one day the youtubers will get their wish and there will be an expansion without any borrowed power and it will end up being so shallow and pedantic that they immediately add one next tier, which they honestly should of in wod after how boring blackrock foundry farm was..
    imagine hellfire citadel and blackrock foundry but, forever.

I remember when they first introduced personal loot to pugs in wod, people complained and wanted group loot back , then after a week with group loot came back people remembered how crappy it was before ML and blizz put it back in next week

I feel like many people who are complaining about tanks don't really want to tank. They just want to be a very durable DPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Gonna suck big time to lose beam of devestation, that was one of the most fun things ever.
    As someone who played both a Tank and Dps this patch, I have to say I'm glad it's gone. It's so incredibly silly to see hundreds of thousands of damage occurring because of Twilight Devastation procs. It's not really that fun as a tank, and it's sort-of annoying as a Dps to see tanks decimating people's damage because they can stack corruption to near-cap without any repercussions.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I feel like many people who are complaining about tanks don't really want to tank. They just want to be a very durable DPS.
    Yeah, I agree. A lot of responses I see essentially just say "I want to do competitive dps, have total control over my survivability like DK/DH self healing in their primes, all while taking less damage than any other role in the game inherently."

I guess you never really enjoyed tanking if you needed corruption to make it fun.

Gonna suck big time to lose beam of devestation, that was one of the most fun things ever.
    What's fun about something manipulated behind RNG? There's no fun in something you or your skill have zero control over.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Vengeance was the best thing to ever happen to tanks and it has been ridiculously shitty after mop.
    And i'm willing to bet, everyone who complains "hurr durr tanks do to much dps" are just incredibly shitty at being a dps. That's all it is.
    Yikes. That's a lot of salt you got there. You lost that bet already by the way. Should've said "most" people, I guess.

If a tank does the same damage as a dps it doesn't matter as shit will be balanced around it.

Personally, tanks who choose damage (TD) over survival / dmg mix (Vers %) is playing the wrong spec. It's a bit of a shame it's gonna take me more effort to check if a tank should be booted or not.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn’t a knock, so please don’t take it as such: I question you or anybody’s tanking skill level if they determine it “not sucking” by standing around and randomly having a beam appear to do more damage than your group combined... and literally doing the SAME EXACT THING you would do without that beam.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-10-11 at 03:01 AM.

... you never liked tanking then. You liked twilight devastation. And if that's the case, go back to Havoc where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If a tank is self-sufficient enough to never need a healer. What's the point of having a tank/dps/healing as needed roles? Why not just have tank/4 dps that can just heal themselves?
    Like I mentioned in the post you replied to, the other 4 players. The healer, and the 3 DPS. In Legion this was literally the case. It did eventually lead to some meme comps with 1 tank, and 4 DPS (usually DPS with insane self sustain like warlocks), but I see that as more of a DPS spec breaking it, rather than the tank. It could also be fixed with important (magic) dispel mechanics that would incentivize actually having a healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    What made BFA tanking unfun for me was how they throw 999 mobs into the dungeons, death mobs that destroy you and fights where you run 100 yards back and forth. Then you have like zero tools to counter any of that. As a BDK I'm covered on AOE when Bonestorm is up. Other than that, you get hit super hard the first 3 seconds and you don't have an answer for extended, long range movement, you basically have to pre plan all your movement like some kind of Chess meta.

Personally on BDK, choosing between WotN and Runetap has been the single most awful design decision they've done. The entire BDK design has just been them reverting everything back to a pre-Legion state. They can't figure out how to tune BDK because the gear is too simple, we don't go for parry or stamina gear or avoidance or anything anymore, there's nothing to go for, we just up our damage and get versatility and haste, which also ups our damage. Mastery has been a pointless stat for a while, I'm not sure why it exists when it contributes so little to anything compared to haste, seriously, why does mastery still exist, just to make BiS gear harder to get?

There are so many things that make tanking boring in BFA; gimped toolkits, lack of stats or just bad stats, borrowed garbage, retarded affixes, meat grinder dungeons, etc, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just want Vengeance back.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    We're a role that some people want to force into some weird little box where all we do is taunt, and get healed by healers, which may have worked 10-15 years ago, but I for one enjoy my decisions actually mattering beyond positioning.
    I don't think anyone is actually suggesting this. Even if/when tanks are designed to need a healer to survive, we healers still definitely notice the difference between a good tank and a mana sponge.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post

Yeah its fun seeing a murder laser beam crit for 500k but it functionally does nothing for my gameplay as a tank.
    He's not talking about the gameplay, but the removal of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Yikes. That's a lot of salt you got there. You lost that bet already by the way. Should've said "most" people, I guess.

If a tank does the same damage as a dps it doesn't matter as shit will be balanced around it.

Personally, tanks who choose damage (TD) over survival / dmg mix (Vers %) is playing the wrong spec. It's a bit of a shame it's gonna take me more effort to check if a tank should be booted or not.
    You just indirectly complained when you tell other people they play wrong or the wrong spec, so my bet is still holding there buddy boy. Wouldn't be far fetched to guess you have that mentality because well, you are one of those who suck at dps and gets beaten by tanks (which outside of vengeance era should never happen, unless you suck).

And the reason there's so few tanks is because dps wants us to be taunt bots and god forbid we actually contribute meaningful dps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I never bothered with Meme Devastation, I just stacked Versatility to the roof on my warrior. I just @!#$ing love the Iron Man feeling it gives me
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What you mean is being independent of healers. A tank has nearly complete control of his survivability. But yeah, with the shit ton of gear tanks have right now, they are pretty much independent of healers, but that's not really a good thing. Going back to trash gear in SL with Tanks needing way more actual healing is not bad, nor does it impact the control of his survivability.
    I think being independent of healers may be a good thing. Let tanks survive mostly on their own. Have healers be hybrid dps who's in charge of everybody once aoe hits, or who picks up the tank after a rotational fuckup or a few high damage abilities.

I get other people probably don't like that idea but it would at least be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You just indirectly complained when you tell other people they play wrong or the wrong spec, so my bet is still holding there buddy boy. Wouldn't be far fetched to guess you have that mentality because well, you are one of those who suck at dps and gets beaten by tanks (which outside of vengeance era should never happen, unless you suck).

And the reason there's so few tanks is because dps wants us to be taunt bots and god forbid we actually contribute meaningful dps.
    I'm not a dps And no, your bet was lost the second you posted your reply.

As for your last "argument" which you appear to have presented as a fact, is also wrong. The shortage of tanks is here for several reasons, one of them being most people don't want the responsibility, and also the abuse tanks tend to get in pugs. Lots of threads about this of you'd bother looking into it.

Usually, when people make arguments, it's backed by something that supports that argument. You appear to be building your arguments on personal opinions with no basis. Unless, of course, you prove me wrong by presenting me with something that supports your arguments. In which case I'll admit to being wrong, of course.
    Hi

I've been an enhancement shaman main since BC. my main alt has been a prot paladin. occasionally bear, and sometimes my clasic main. a hunter. but. tanking throughout BC, wrath, and legion it was never about, for me, out dpsing the dps. fun is subjective. it was fun for me to grab a couple friends and LFG some runs, and it was fun. had a ret pally main heal on his druid. it was great. the synchronicity was mind blowing. don't get me wrong. we murdered the shit out of crap players. and now in BFA. my alt tank kicks ass. but he kicks ass not because he's on the charts. he kicks it because he does what a tank is supposed to do. keep everyone from being street pizza.
    "Archaeology. It's like fishing....with a pickaxe."