Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Unpopular opinion:

Tanks & Healers should never, ever be able to do more DPS than... well, the DPS.

I miss when tanks focused on survivability
    I miss when healers focused on healing throughput

I'm not a fan of the current paradigm where tanks and healers are expected to do damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

Tanks & Healers should never, ever be able to do more DPS than... well, the DPS.
    Never ever? Sounds boring AF. On the overall, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    If you can't see that for yourself, there is nothing further to discuss here.

If you want to do loads of DPS, ever considered playing a DPS spec?
    As i said in another comment, Beam is nice because it lets you be dps, But with the benefits of a tank as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    As i said in another comment, Beam is nice because it lets you be dps, But with the benefits of a tank as well.
    Yeah, 2 classes in one, totally reasonable approach.

Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    Yeah, 2 classes in one, totally reasonable approach.

Tanking being more fun = more tanks = Win for everyone... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Never ever? Sounds boring AF. On the overall, sure.
    Then give every single dps the ability to heal as much as a healer and tank as much as a tank, healers and tanks would of course be able to heal and tank more overall.
    I'm a thread killer.

I really dono why any one would dislike it, Corruption helped to remove some of the worst parts of the WoW gameplay.
    It was the worst implementation of a system, ever. But I agree, some of the abilities where cool and fixed a lot of WOW's problems.

Some of the problems and why I think it was a bad system:

*Frustrating RNG (that they ultimately recognized as a problem and band aided at the end).
    *Arbitrary, time gated cap in the form of corruption and corruption resistance. It is enough to have a time gate in the form of raid lockouts, putting another one on top of that was frustrating.
    *Linking player's power to some arbitrary drawback. Why should I be dealing with a slow effect and an annoying circle on the floor just to be able to gain some mastery?
    *Corruption not affecting ilvl. Someone with exactly the same ilvl as you, could potentially be performing A LOT better just because they have 8 corruption pieces and you have none. Your ilvl should reflect how powerful your equipment is.
    *Unpredictable, uncontrollable spikes of damage. Being able to control your damage is key to deal with some mechanics in PvE. And, dealing/taking unpredictable spikes of damage on PvP is just frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winning the RNG lottery doesn't automatically make things more fun, it might do that for you, but it very much does the opposite for me. I much preferred the MoP model with the vengeance mechanic, where your damage came from knowing how to maximize vengeance without putting excessive strain on your healers. Skill was what determined your damage as a tank in MoP, not RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Gonna suck big time to lose beam of devestation, that was one of the most fun things ever.
    If the only thing that made tanking fun for you, was watching 100% purely random procs of high dmg, then tanking just isn't for you.

TD is the single most skillless corruption out there, as it just procs off of you doing normal tanking shit. How is an effect you have ZERO control over, fun?

I really don't understand this type of mindset. Cry and complain no matter the outcome. Oh hey, here's 5g. "Why didn't you give me more?"

Some people are never fucking happy about anything.

10+ Year Old Account

You are either purposely missing the point people are making or just too dense to grasp it. Either way, your thread is a shit show.

Again.

If you chose to be a tank because you wanted to to see a random beam do more than 100x times the damage than your group of DPS combined, you chose tanking for the wrong reason.

But hey, you pay for this game too. You can choose to play the way you want OR for the reasons you want. That isn't in question.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-10-12 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    You are either purposely missing the point people are making or just too dense to grasp it. Either way, your thread is a shit show.

Again.
    Missing what point? Sorry... But i can’t see a downside from doing more damage... Hitting a big pack and shooting up to 170k dps feels very nice, especially as tank, who usally is very low dps.

Except what you're saying is fun is not tanking, it's a random proc from an item that has absolutely nothing to do with the core game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing what point? Sorry... But i can’t see a downside from doing more damage... Hitting a big pack and shooting up to 170k dps feels very nice, especially as tank, who usally is very low dps.

Because tanking isn't designed to do damage. Damage Dealers are designed to do damage.

If you wanted to do damage, then play a DPS spec.

The downside is that you chose to play a role that is designed to do damage. You now complain this role is not fun any more because you cannot do a role not intended for the spec. That's your fault based on your expectations. Your very frail, ill informed expectations.

And again there is nothing wrong with wanting to do more damage as a tank. To flat out say "tanking is not fun" because of it: that's what is wrong.

Show me one player who switched to be a serious tank because of corruptions.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Because tanking isn't designed to do damage. Damage Dealers are designed to do damage.

If you wanted to do damage, then play a DPS spec.

The downside is that you chose to play a role that is designed to do damage. You now complain this role is not fun any more because you cannot do a role not intended for the spec. That's your fault based on your expectations. Your very frail, ill informed expectations.

And again there is nothing wrong with wanting to do more damage as a tank. To flat out say "tanking is not fun" because of it: that's what is wrong.
    Btw, In any of my messages/statements/Arguments i am only talking about M+ up to 9 and not 10-27 or any type of raiding.

Dps has hard time to find group tho, and tank is easier, So adding same or more dmg to tank gives you the best of both worlds. Damage and easier time finding groups. Win/Win

The problems with lack of tanks doesn't come from tanking itself not being fun. It comes from most not wanted the responsibility and the target of all the blame if someone goes wrong.

There is no tank shortage in raids because its an environment that is generally conductive to working together.
    There is a tank shortage in pugs because no self respecting tank wants to deal with dps standing in fire and blaming the tank.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Show me one player who switched to be a serious tank because of corruptions.
    I did. I want to play Arms, Unholy, Havok, But due to the much easier time finding groups as Prot, Blood, Vengeance, I just slap some Devestation beam on the gear and i’m still doing dps, even as tank. Which makes tanking just as fun as dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, In any of my messages/statements/Arguments i am only talking about M+ up to 9 and not 10-27 or any type of raiding.

Dps has hard time to find group tho, and tank is easier, So adding same or more dmg to tank gives you the best of both worlds. Damage and easier time finding groups. Win/Win

My point still stands. As does everybody else's point(s).

I did. I want to play Arms, Unholy, Havok, But due to the much easier time finding groups as Prot, Blood, Vengeance, I just slap some Devestation beam on the gear and i’m still doing dps, even as tank. Which makes tanking just as fun as dps.

I said serious tank.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

My point still stands. As does everybody else's point(s).
    Ah well, I guess that’s that then. All we can hope is that they add more effects like this in the future. Any Free damage is good damage.

- - - Updated - - -

I said serious tank.
    Any ”Serious” tank would be tank for tanks sake, and not tank to get faster queue as dps.

So i doubt any one serious about the role would have my mindset.