Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post

Any ”Serious” tank would be tank for tanks sake, and not tank to get faster queue as dps.

So i doubt any one serious about the role would have my mindset.
    I would go a step further and say most serious tanks don't bother with queues.

So, you can't show me a real tank who started tanking due to corruptions?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Tanks are way too entitled, and want to do more dps than a dps class, while healing more than a healer and more survivability than anything.
    Playing as a living meat shit is both boring and outdated game design. You know what people are doing in Classic right now? Tanking with two-handers, because just stacking threat and moving a boss back and forth is fucking boring.
    The solution is not RNG dps, but tanks should either be able to do damage on par with an actual DPS, or tanking as a concept should get a remake.

Gonna suck big time to lose beam of devestation, that was one of the most fun things ever.
    no tank was using this anyway unless youre some low mmr player
    I.O BFA Season 3

Corruption has been a ton of fun, especially on my tanks. I'm ready to move on though, and look forward to all the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I would go a step further and say most serious tanks don't bother with queues.

So, you can't show me a real tank who started tanking due to corruptions?
    You’re sounding awfully serious with your ”Real tank” stuff, You gotta keep in mind that i’m only talking about tanking for M+ 0-9 and also no raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    no tank was using this anyway unless youre some low mmr player
    Oh get off your high horse. Not everyone cares about MDI tier runs or the like. Some people just like to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That moment when tanks complain that they're back to ONLY 40-50% of a dps spec ... the horror.
    I remember being a Pally tank in Burning Crusade. Basically no DPS at all. Doing heroic SLab and Blackheart the Inciter got all the DPS killed with his "Time for Fun!" mind control, leaving me (Pally Tank) and the (Pally) healer. It took absolutely forever to kill him - we couldn't kill each other in the MC phases because of our teeny-tiny DPS, and we couldn't kill him fast in the main phases because of our teeny-tiny DPS. It was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Well, I just want Vengeance back.
    You mean you want to be an indestructible DPS. It sounds like tanking isn't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Because tanking isn't designed to do damage. Damage Dealers are designed to do damage.

If you wanted to do damage, then play a DPS spec.
    Good thing we've evolved from Vanilla WoW, today you do your best to help the group by dishing out a little more damage as both tank/healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean you want to be an indestructible DPS. It sounds like tanking isn't for you.
    No, Tanking is definitely not for me. I main DPS, shocking I know, but I do enjoy Tanking on my off-time

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    Eh, FFXIV Tanks always felt more like DPS with extra aggro. There's a reason 3 of them are referred to as Blue DPS; Warrior, Gunbreaker, Dark Knight.
    I don't know how it is at the moment, but there was a time when people would drop groups if they saw the tank was a Paladin because their damage was low, and the meta was that the tank had to do good damage. That was pretty suckful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    The biggest farce was the introduction of Vengence as a mechanic for Tanks, I think it really set a messy precedent for expansions to follow.
    Vengeance had one good thing going for it - it meant that only one tank in a dungeon could do good DPS at a time, so even if tank DPS was insane you couldn't stack tanks. If tank DPS is high baseline, as some people are suggesting it should be, and they have massive self-sustain, you get that situation where stacking tanks starts making sense, and that should never be the case in current non-farm content, just as doing without tanks or without healers should never be the case.

I have no problem with the occasional fight in a mythic raid rewarding having one more or less tank than normal, or adding a healer, but stacking or completely removing a role is too much, given how ingrained they are in WoW's design.

As a DPS in raids I can't wait to see the back of corruption - as a Tank in M+ I will be sad to see TD go!
    It certainly added some fun to my tanking experience but it's by no means why I tank.

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Playing as a living meat shit is both boring and outdated game design. You know what people are doing in Classic right now? Tanking with two-handers, because just stacking threat and moving a boss back and forth is fucking boring.
    The solution is not RNG dps, but tanks should either be able to do damage on par with an actual DPS, or tanking as a concept should get a remake.
    Sounds like you might want to reroll a DPS class
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Good thing we've evolved from Vanilla WoW, today you do your best to help the group by dishing out a little more damage as both tank/healer.

I await your "healing is no longer fun because I don't have Infinite Stars DPS anymore" thread

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    I await your "healing is no longer fun because I don't have Infinite Stars DPS anymore" thread
    I played holy paladin the entire patch, corruptions were never required to do good damage as a hpala but it helped.

The regular toolkit worked fine for damage, holy shock consecration judgement and crusader strike spam did the most of it anyway.

Tanking being more fun = more tanks = Win for everyone... no?
    That assumes that you find TD procs rewarding gameplay. They are not. Fun? Maybe, but too subjective to be a basis of argument.

They're novel, and can be really helpful, but they diminish the actual role of the tank and that of the DPS.

Improving the availability of tanks is important. I have no interest in improving the availability of tanks through making them artificially more effective in non-traditional roles.

Tanking being more fun = more people interested in tanking, but not learning to actually tank and using a crutch to make up for poor fundamentals = less quality tanks = fewer tanks in long run, exacerbating the problem.

If your only interest in tanking was the idea of doing a lot of damage while getting instant-queues, that is not a durable model. Tanking itself (de facto leading and defending) should make up a bigger portion of "fun" than a silly insanely overpowered, temporary ability.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

3+ Year Old Account
    "Classic is harder than retail!"
    -Tanks use 2-Handers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption helped to remove some of the worst parts of the WoW gameplay.
    Like any semblance of balance.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Beam was so i could be dps but still have the benefits from tank.

I never tanked M+ over 9 or any raids, it was just to make M+ more enjoyable that i liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you.

I really dono why any one would dislike it, Corruption helped to remove some of the worst parts of the WoW gameplay.
    Either you are trolling or an extreme outlier opinion. The consensus of the player base is pretty much that both azerite traits and corruptions were aweful and should never have made it into the game in the state they were.

Also.. go pvp and watch a DH with 1.5m hp proc a beam and 1 shot people on the other team. No counterplay at all.

- - - Updated - - -

What you mean in classic.. we did that shit in vanilla.. and you did it mainly for the threat not the dmg. There were massive threat issues in vanilla until they fixed shield slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Either you are trolling or an extreme outlier opinion. The consensus of the player base is pretty much that both azerite traits and corruptions were aweful and should never have made it into the game in the state they were.

Also.. go pvp and watch a DH with 1.5m hp proc a beam and 1 shot people on the other team. No counterplay at all.
    I would never go PvP, But seems fun to be such a DH.

I mean that’s the reason why people made twinks for the various lvl bracketts in the past, To one shot or easily beat peoole.