Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thefalcontv View Post
    The implementation of social networking has caused a great deal of grief because people reflect their lives on to others, get disappointed that they don't have a bentley at the age of 12, obtain depression and anxiety holding them back from what they would've become if they didn't have to ability to drag themselves down through social media.
    I'm pretty sure this is now a commonly held belief, and yes--it's certainly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i agree with this
    it dont make us more stupid, it make the others see how stupid we already was

Blizzard is a fine company filled with hard working people who only want to do a good job and make a great product. It's just difficult to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Blizzard is a fine company filled with hard working people who only want to do a good job and make a great product. It's just difficult to do.
    I agree with this, but you have to admit a little bit.. the games lately - anything that's been released over the last year has been ROUGH

They are having a big shift from think tanking how much money we can get vs how much fun people have

If they can produce more fun, I'm all in, but I super hope they dont lose direction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I agree with this, but you have to admit a little bit.. the games lately - anything that's been released over the last year has been ROUGH

They are having a big shift from think tanking how much money we can get vs how much fun people have

If they can produce more fun, I'm all in, but I super hope they dont lose direction
    That's mostly not the dev's fault though. It's the fault of the higher ups for pushing deadlines too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it dont make us more stupid, it make the others see how stupid we already was
    there are people who actually become more stupid by reading all the propaganda on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    That AMD fan boys are unsufferable and so damn pushy.

LOL, some people in this thread need to learn what the word unpopular means.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    That AMD fan boys are unsufferable and so damn pushy.
    Nice try, Team Blue. Team Red's next batch of processors stomp on Intel's last generation and the only thing Team Blue could do to keep themselves relevant is send out a pathetic self-flagellating press release the day before Dr. Lisa Su wrecked their collective anuses.

Oh and in case it's not obvious: (I think I dropped a /s in there.)

And for my unpopular tech opinion:

Console gaming is superior to PC gaming as a purpose-built machine.

Almost all these comments are ether people being wrong or not unpopular at all.
    Here is an unpopular one i still would get Intel because i want things that just work and AMD has shown their launches are a shit show most the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Perfectly playable? Sure. Thats an opinion and not one i think is incorrect.

Framerates in the 100-144+fps "pointless bragging" is simply incorrect, as its been scientifically proven to be better.

So, one is an opinion, and one is just you being factually wrong.

If you want to say "isn't worth paying for" - sure, thats an opinion. Not one i agree with, but it is a valid opinion.

OT: Im actually not sure i have any tech opinions that are unpopular. I dont think "social media is cancer" (which i agree with) is really all that controversial or unpopular. Even people addicted to it will tell you it sucks.... but they still use it. And even people like me who think it is cancer and has done immeasurable damage to the public discourse and has led to people being more pig-headed and insular and closed into their own bubble wil tell you begrudgingly that you have to use it at least a little or you wont even exist to people who do.

So.. yeah, im not really sure any of my tech opinions are really all that unpopular.

- - - Updated - - -

Preferred doesnt mean better, though.

Now, i happen to agree with the opinion (Firefox is garbo), but i will say i only use Chrome because of how platform agnostic it is. There are better browsers out there (Vivaldi is amazing), but i swap between machines uses ChromeOS, iPadOS, MacOS, Win 10, Android and sometimes Linux and the ability to open up Chrome and have everything there instantly is too convenient. Id love to use Vivaldi instead but i cat on at least 2 or 3 of those platforms, so....

But yeah, Chrome IS better than Firefox. But thats because its really not hard to be better than Firefox, 'cause its kinda shit.
    Not saying you’re wrong but what do you mean by ‘scientifically proven to be better’? Can I have a link to what you’re referring to?

4k gaming is not only a waste of money but also potentially detrimental to your performance... seriously the useful info is spread too think on such screens

5+ Year Old Account
    I have used AMD my entire PC gaming life with no major problems.

COBOL is very good at what it does and is not "out of date".

Object-oriented programming is overrated.

Functional programming is way overrated.

Social media is the biggest pandemic to hit humanity since Beatles came to America.

Tape drives are still superior to hard drives.

I guess this is unpopular according to this thread, but FF > chrome, I had too many issues with chrome, FF runs fine and I love my noscript setup, barely see ads anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Android and Apple are pretty much on par with each other, and have been for many years now.

Blockchain is the most over-hyped tech product of the decade. Outside of cryptocurrencies, there are better technologies for every other situation.

Apple is a fine company and high priced goods been part of world way before Apple , same people that pay for luxury bags and brand cloth pay for apple product and you are not always paying for "better functionality " .

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That's an uninformed opinion then.

Watch The Social Dilemma. Social media literally show different people different things to get clicks, perpetuating information bubbles among other vile things.
    I'm well aware of the algorithm and the things it does. But the things it shows you are based on your own activity and engagement. It doesn't just go oh I'll show x-amount of random people one thing, and y-amount of people another thing out of the blue to sow chaos. And it is up to the human brain to do their own work to sort the information out. And even then, that is still not an inherent problem with social media. The root cause of that problem is capitalism. The algorithm wouldn't exist to drive up as much clicks and engagement as possible if it weren't a massive source of monetization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I don't need 4K 144 fps. I'll comfortably play on my 1080p for another 3 to 4 years. I CAN reach 200 fps, but I prefer to cap at 120.

And calling what used to be top notch "trash" because there's something shinier available just makes you a good little consumerist slave.
    Would you play, say, a modern first person shooter game at 640 x 480 @ 15 frames per second?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Not saying you’re wrong but what do you mean by ‘scientifically proven to be better’? Can I have a link to what you’re referring to?
    This was covered (very recently) in two threads that got some people banned. With dozens of links. Only reason i wont link it is because i dont want to derail this thread, but if you search for it, youll find it. But yes, tons of links, to eye doctors scientific tests, et al.

Lets just move on from that one or create a specific topic. It tends to blow up threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Android and Apple are pretty much on par with each other, and have been for many years now.
    iPhones are great phones. iOS is pretty solid. The primary reason (despite daily driving a Mac and an iPad - i buy used) i dont use one is because of the price. I dont do phone Contracts and im not throwing down ~1000$ on a phone, when i can get an Android phone for ~300$ that does everything i need it to do with power to spare. (Used; i tend to shop in the 500$ MSRP range) But there's nothing wrong with iPhones. Well, i also prefer Android because of how badly Apple has implemented home screen organization (cant put spaces between apps/folders, etc, i Widgets until JUST NOW, 9 years later). And Apple is getting better on cost these days. The new SE is quite solid and only 400$ (though 64GB w/o an SD slot is... meh. For the people buying it its probably fine. People dont keep big music collections and stuff on their phones anymore). I'd probably still get an Android phone if i were buying new right now just because i prefer the home-screen versatility. And i really like the Moto Mods on my Z3. Ill probably scoop up a used Z4 here and ride that thing down in flames. If Moto decides not to refresh the Z line, i hope they release the drivers for the Mods to the OS community/Lineage guys.

But you couldn't pay me to own an Android tablet. iPadOS makes Android on a tablet look like foolish. Especially with ChromeOS around doing everything Android does and quite often being far cheaper than an Android tablet.

Blockchain is the most over-hyped tech product of the decade. Outside of cryptocurrencies, there are better technologies for every other situation.
    Im not sure id call this an unpopular opinion. THose in the know about what it really is probably mostly agree; *most* people have no idea what it even is outside of a buzzword. Hell, im fairly tech savvy and i BARELY register it most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    IoT is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Why, after 10 years of it not happening? What is going to change?

Honest question, cause while i'm interested in VR, it's always been such a fringe thing with very few killer apps.
    Until you’re able to play like SAO or .hack//, VR will never reach its full potential.

OT: 100-120fps is perfect, 45fps-60fps is playable, anything more than 120fps is unnecessary, and anything less than 45fps is a seasick slideshow.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Bassheads who listen to their music off of youtube are retarded. Digitize to lossless or turn the shit off.