Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    AMD sucks .

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    LOL, some people in this thread need to learn what the word unpopular means.

Nice try, Team Blue. Team Red's next batch of processors stomp on Intel's last generation and the only thing Team Blue could do to keep themselves relevant is send out a pathetic self-flagellating press release the day before Dr. Lisa Su wrecked their collective anuses.

Oh and in case it's not obvious: (I think I dropped a /s in there.)

And for my unpopular tech opinion:

Console gaming is superior to PC gaming as a purpose-built machine.
    "stomp" is a funny term considering the minor gains in performance you get for paying $200 more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple vs Andriod, Apple vs Windows vs Linux: STFU and just use what you like.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    This was covered (very recently) in two threads that got some people banned. With dozens of links. Only reason i wont link it is because i dont want to derail this thread, but if you search for it, youll find it. But yes, tons of links, to eye doctors scientific tests, et al.

Lets just move on from that one or create a specific topic. It tends to blow up threads.

- - - Updated - - -

iPhones are great phones. iOS is pretty solid. The primary reason (despite daily driving a Mac and an iPad - i buy used) i dont use one is because of the price. I dont do phone Contracts and im not throwing down ~1000$ on a phone, when i can get an Android phone for ~300$ that does everything i need it to do with power to spare. (Used; i tend to shop in the 500$ MSRP range) But there's nothing wrong with iPhones. Well, i also prefer Android because of how badly Apple has implemented home screen organization (cant put spaces between apps/folders, etc, i Widgets until JUST NOW, 9 years later). And Apple is getting better on cost these days. The new SE is quite solid and only 400$ (though 64GB w/o an SD slot is... meh. For the people buying it its probably fine. People dont keep big music collections and stuff on their phones anymore). I'd probably still get an Android phone if i were buying new right now just because i prefer the home-screen versatility. And i really like the Moto Mods on my Z3. Ill probably scoop up a used Z4 here and ride that thing down in flames. If Moto decides not to refresh the Z line, i hope they release the drivers for the Mods to the OS community/Lineage guys.

But you couldn't pay me to own an Android tablet. iPadOS makes Android on a tablet look like foolish. Especially with ChromeOS around doing everything Android does and quite often being far cheaper than an Android tablet.

Im not sure id call this an unpopular opinion. THose in the know about what it really is probably mostly agree; *most* people have no idea what it even is outside of a buzzword. Hell, im fairly tech savvy and i BARELY register it most of the time.
    You can at least tell me the website, telling me to ‘look it up’ doesn’t help anyone here. The only thing I found was an nvidia study that was basically worthless. Just saying if you don’t have the proof to back up that claim I for sure wouldn’t be using that as a talking point in the first place.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You can at least tell me the website, telling me to ‘look it up’ doesn’t help anyone here. The only thing I found was an nvidia study that was basically worthless. Just saying if you don’t have the proof to back up that claim I for sure wouldn’t be using that as a talking point in the first place.
    "Fighter pilots have been recorded spotting 1/255th of a frame. That's right: 255 frames per second And they could give a rough estimate as to what they've seen."

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/...n_the_eye_see/

And that thread Kagthul is talking about, was not pretty. So as he said, no need to link to it
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2020-10-11 at 09:01 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

5+ Year Old Account
    1. We finally need a new form factor for PCs, preferably one with close to zero cables but still flexible and a better thermal design (organized air flow). ATX is older than the sun...

2. Computer graphics have constantly improved over the last 30 years, but the level of interactivity that you can have in current games is still absolutely catastrophic. For example: can't even cut a random leaf of my choice in half in most games known to me, because it's not programmed. Maybe that's also still the wrong approach these days, as a result of still heavily underperforming hardware which still can not simulate entire worlds correctly. Normally games should be more like a simulation in which every object has properties, and when two objects interact, the game just calculates what happens, without having to load predesigned animations or textures. I think we still have to wait like 50 to 100 years for a better level of interactivity in games... (but maybe it's also not wanted as it would create a lot of chaos and unintended results in games). This is just a pessimistic prediction based on the very few improvements that have been made in this area over the past few decades.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-10-11 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    "Fighter pilots have been recorded spotting 1/255th of a frame. That's right: 255 frames per second And they could give a rough estimate as to what they've seen."

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/...n_the_eye_see/

And that thread Kagthul is talking about, was not pretty. So as he said, no need to link to it
    I’m sorry but I don’t think you realize what I was asking from him. He didn’t say it’s possible to see the difference in frames he said it’s scientifically proven that over 60 fps makes you a better player.

I’m sorry but I don’t think you realize what I was asking from him. He didn’t say it’s possible to see the difference in frames he said it’s scientifically proven that over 60 fps makes you a better player.
    Higher fps reduces minimum input lag, that's why you'll see most people in competitive gaming aim for 300fps.

You can at least tell me the website, .
    This one. In THIS forum. And your total inability to listen and take ten seconds to look it up and insisting on arguing about it IN THIS THREAD is precisely WHY im NOT FUCKING GOING INTO IT IN THIS THREAD.

You can literally just search my post history. Itll show up immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

That is NOT what i said.

Thats you making a Strawman.

Done with this topic in this thread. Start a new one or go check out the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    This one. In THIS forum. And your total inability to listen and take ten seconds to look it up and insisting on arguing about it IN THIS THREAD is precisely WHY im NOT FUCKING GOING INTO IT IN THIS THREAD.

You can literally just search my post history. Itll show up immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

That is NOT what i said.

Thats you making a Strawman.

Done with this topic in this thread. Start a new one or go check out the old one.
    Ok what did you say then. Tell me what you said and meant exactly because you said it’s scientifically proven to be better. What’s better? What’s scientifically proven? Explain yourself instead of using ‘science’ as your defense while also providing literally no proof of anything you’re saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Higher fps reduces minimum input lag, that's why you'll see most people in competitive gaming aim for 300fps.
    Yes I get it, but the guy said it was scientifically proven so I was asking him for his source, I didn’t even disagree I’m literally just asking for a source and all he has said is look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post

Would you play, say, a modern first person shooter game at 640 x 480 @ 15 frames per second?
    That's hyperbole at its finest.

What used to be top notch and the people hatin' on the old stuff doesn't tend to lend itself to go further back than one or two generations of tech. For example, people playing on 4k hating on those happy at 1080p. Although something can be said about hating on people over what tech they're satisfied with in the first place. I don't think that'll ever go away.

And I wouldn't play a shooter game, period. 15 fps or 300, I'll get equally motion sick.. But if someone WOULD be happy to play at those specs, all power to them.

As for Social Media; It's fucked up in itself due to how it's been constructed for money. No amount of rewriting is going to change that. Mankind always had issues, but thanks to social media and corporate greed, the very fabric of democracy is being eroded as it preys on the worst in people.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-11 at 10:37 PM.

Yes I get it, but the guy said it was scientifically proven so I was asking him for his source, I didn’t even disagree I’m literally just asking for a source and all he has said is look it up.
    If you google "fps reduce input lag" you'll find all the sources you need.

Between the prevalence of information on the subject and the relative simplicity of the "big fps good, small fps bad" concept, you're seeming quite argumentative and pedantic.

A free and open social media is the only thing that can save society. Establishing strict rules on online behavior, banning people from social media and permanently deleting accounts is the root cause of all the civil unrest because it fosters distrust of everything. We are feeding the wrong wolf.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Oh - I thought this was for unpopular opinions, not facts.

If we are going down with unpopular facts - then iOS is superior to Android, by a long shot.
    I mean, this depends what you're using it for right? day to day use and user friendliness, sure IOS is probably better. Use your phone at all as a technical diagnostic tool, vlan, hidden ssids etc android hands down.

Between the prevalence of information on the subject and the relative simplicity of the "big fps good, small fps bad" concept, you're seeming quite argumentative and pedantic.
    Mfer your first statement didn’t say anything about it just reducing input lag you said it’s scientifically proven to be better.

Let me walk you through the post you commented on even though this should be pretty self explanatory.

A guy said 60fps is fine and anything beyond that is just bragging.

You then said it’s scientifically proven to be better. I’m asking you to link what you’re referring to because from the gist of it I am assuming when you say it’s scientifically proven to be better I’m assuming you mean better for you for personal performance. Because otherwise you’re just simply saying it’s better as in more fps which... no shit Sherlock, 2>1, who would have thought the number was better.

The guy was talking in terms of actual gameplay.

This all could have been avoided if you just simply sent out a link of what you’re referring to so I can get some background instead of saying “just google it”. That’s an asinine thing to say when you straight up brought up this ‘study’.

Well, I googled it myself despite not being in the discussion. 860k results in 0.53 seconds.

No wonder I am feeling less lag in WoW despite there being no changes to my internet speed.

Trackballs are better than mice

(seemingly unpopular in this thread at least) Firefox is better than Chrome

Most people don't need a flagship level smartphone

Most people don't need to worry about getting every inch of performance out of their PC

The Switch is the best gaming console on the market

Ok what did you say then. Tell me what you said and meant exactly because you said it’s scientifically proven to be better. What’s better? What’s scientifically proven? Explain yourself instead of using ‘science’ as your defense while also providing literally no proof of anything you’re saying.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, i told you to look it up, IN THIS FORUM and that i wouldn't post the link to the thread PRECISELY BECAUSE IT DERAILS THREADS LIKE YOURE FUCKING DOING NOW you entitled ignorant child. DROP. IT.

Or START A DIFFERENT FUCKING THREAD. .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Trackballs are better than mice
    My man!

(seemingly unpopular in this thread at least) Firefox is better than Chrome
    /Sadface

Most people don't need a flagship level smartphone
    Thumbs up! (TBH, almost no one does)

Most people don't need to worry about getting every inch of performance out of their PC
    Ding ding (which people on this forum cant get past when suggesting builds, me included sometimes unless i check myself)

The Switch is the best gaming console on the market
    Not sure thats an unpopular opinion. I dont own one, because the games on it just aren't my bag anymore (Pokemon and Mario are not my thing and the few indies on the platform that im into are also on PC (Bloodstained, etc) so... But its got a lot more going for it than the Bone and PS4, which are basically just glorified locked down bad PCs. And the Series X and PS5 dont look to be changing that except they are stepping up from "shitty PC" level to "high-midrange PC" levels, so they are least bringing some heat in the performance/dollar aspect on the games they share with PCs (Since building a PC with equivalent GPU horsepower is gonna cost almost twice as much as either console). But if i had to choose a console? Switch all the way.

Infracted
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2020-10-12 at 12:33 AM.

People don't know the difference between an opinion and being right/wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being subscribed to the AMD and Intel subreddit where half the posts are garbage user submissions showcasing their boring builds in which 8\10 use the same Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic layout.

Bonus points when they're full of shitty RGB. I can at least respect those who post their black out builds a little bit for getting over their 14 year old first-time builder phase.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2020-10-12 at 12:03 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.