Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good change. People complain about their classes not being "viable" for Mythic keys and such. This change brings classes in line when it comes down to things like overly performing AoE damage vs single target.

People getting their panties in the twist seem to be the usual ones that complain without actually using their brain to think about things first.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreclaw View Post
    Any unpopular change seems to be fine with you when Blizzard makes it.
    I tend to side with rationality, rather than anything else.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunethzero View Post
    And since thats pretty much all of their AOE outside of consecrate which does terrible damage to begin with I'm not sure how they'll compare to classes that can hit 8 targets like warriors.
    It depends on how hard its gonna hit I guess but yeah ret has no cleave no aoe outside of storm, consecrate is trash so it'll be interesting to see how fucked ret is in M+ but it seems they want to kill that off anyway and push everyone into raids again. It might not even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    You do realize that you dont have to kill the scorpions to summon Shannox right?

Also it's kind of fun that in the same sentence you say that you don't exaggerate and it makes melee classless useless? You don't see any exaggerating there at all?

So instead of one GCD it will take 5 or 6 if you pull like 30 mobs at once? That's like 10 seconds.....

- - - Updated - - -

Then just gather them all at once like you always do? The only difference is that you need more GCD to kill alot of mobs.
    Thanks for missing the point boss. But I'm totally glad this is only affecting melee, but I can walk a mage through it and kill an entire instance with a single Living Bomb with 0 caps vs the 40 sec it'll take my rogue to kill the same number
    Last edited by Aflakk47; 2020-10-12 at 09:38 AM.

Anybody actually buy their bullshit excuse on this?

This is a cost saving measure so they can cheap out more on servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It depends on how hard its gonna hit I guess but yeah ret has no cleave no aoe outside of storm, consecrate is trash so it'll be interesting to see how fucked ret is in M+ but it seems they want to kill that off anyway and push everyone into raids again. It might not even matter.
    Crusader aoe hit when using HP spenders(azerite trait), wake of ashes. Even tho ret has only storm as a spender aoe you can pump few of those pretty quickly. Now you can go WoA+storm+judge+storm thats 3 hard hitting aoes in 4 globals. Tho in pre patch WoA takes a hit since is only generates 3 hp instead of 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    What will happen in 40v40 battlegrounds?
    The Destro Locks will Rain of Fire us all to death after the Frost Mages root us in the Fire, that's what. 40v40 has almost always tended to favour casters if there are big clumps of players, so this is nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    So we should dismount, kill, and loot EVERY trash pack? How is that a solution? The scorpion groups alone have 8 mobs, so that's 2 GCD's for most classes. I'm not exaggerating anything by mentioning this, and it basically makes all melee classes useless for farming old transmog. Guess I'll just have to laser chicken sunfire everything like the multiboxers to get transmog for my rogue now.

Edit: Just went on the Beta, and with the exact same pull on live that takes me 2 abilities to do, it took 40 seconds to kill all the mobs to spawn Shannox.
    I assume the standard method is to ride round until you've got enough mobs, then just murder the lot? If so, then it's a huge nerf alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    How is it going to be a nightmare? Trash is old raids (Firelands, for example, as it was mentioned above) dies in one hit. Meaning if you press AoE ability once, 5 mobs die, press it again 5 more die. So it'll take 3 GCD to kill 15 mobs instead of 1. We're talking seconds here, if it even saves any actual time since gathering all the mobs that barely aggro unless you run through them and just AoEing as you run, isn't that different anyway.
    So, we'll do this as a Ret Pally, shall we? Each AoE (Divine Storm) requires three Holy Power. For the first one, we can use Wake of Ashes (which might kill everything in an old raid on its own), so that's 2 GCDs. With a 5-cap on mobs, unless Wake is uncapped, we kill 10 mobs in the first two GCDs, and then three more in the next two GCDs (single target builders), then five (DS), then three in three (builders), then five (DS). That's nine GCDs for 38 mobs. As the strat is to ride round pulling everything and then burn it all at once, this is considerably slower.

And the whole shit just so you don't pull too many mobs in M+? Why not just lay out the mobs in such a way (mechanic) that they are not manageable if there are 5+. Seems better then dumping down every spell in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Thanks for missing the point boss. But I'm totally glad this is only affecting melee, but I can walk a mage through it and kill an entire instance with a single Living Bomb with 0 caps vs the 40 sec it'll take my rogue to kill the same number
    I was thinking Arcane Explosion... I think all mages get it now.

Running lower level keys has gone from a fun clown fiesta to a tedious chore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    No, Shaman already have meteor on their fire elemental.
    Ah, sounds like elemental stuff. Not my alley

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    AOE unbalance was an issue since... well forever. It was required like 10 years ago.
    Where in the game was AoE "unbalance" an issue for you? To such lengths that you thought about it even while you were not playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a good change. People complain about their classes not being "viable" for Mythic keys and such. This change brings classes in line when it comes down to things like overly performing AoE damage vs single target.

People getting their panties in the twist seem to be the usual ones that complain without actually using their brain to think about things first.
    Maybe its your own lack of perspective that is the issue, and not that everyone else "gets their panties in the twist".

It is objectively retarded to dumb down all classes in the games AoE with MDI as the sole reason.

Its beyond me why some people on MMO-C feel they have to defend each and every decision Blizzard takes in every thread here.

Is my disc priest now considered way, way better for old raid farming with holy nova? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Is my disc priest now considered way, way better for old raid farming with holy nova? lol
    Not only disc. Holy, the non-damage dealing most vanilla heal-only healer spec is better
    Last edited by Aflakk47; 2020-10-12 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

But they could have fixed the imbalance in so many other ways. A target cap just seem like the most lazy option.

Another even larger problem in relation to imbalance that they don’t address is interrupts with long vs short CD. This is one of the main reasons for bringing melees. Dungeons become infinitely easier if you have 4 players with short interrupts in the group. But of course bad players don’t even think about this because they don’t even use their interrupts anyway...

Pretty solid change so you don't make the healers cry when you pull the whole dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about they remove the restriction for mobs that are 10 levels or more below your level?

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    So Eyebeam (aka the biggest AE Clusterfuck) stays the Same?
    Wasn't this done in an older build? I recall the DH being the first to "go" in regards to AoE. I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    how about they remove the restriction for mobs that are 10 levels or more below your level?
    That would probably cause them to delay SL even further.

Quote Originally Posted by xlord View Post
    don't give them idea's, before you know it whole of orgrimmar/stormwind is full with pink bunnies
    WoW is already overrun with invisible bunnies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    They are dictating how we will play which is horse shit. If I want to attack 50 mobs, I should be able to. What will happen in 40v40 battlegrounds? What a fucking joke man.
    They have always dictated how you will play, that's literally the job of game designers. Why do you think you can't walk into any raid in the game and instantly one-shot every boss?