Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't understand how people can even eat rare or semi rare stakes. I can't eat it unless all the red is gone and it gets a crunchy hard crust.

Also adding sweet stuff to salty foods is disgusting. Like meat with fruit.. or pineapple on pizza etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I don't understand how people can even eat rare or semi rare stakes. I can't eat it unless all the red is gone and it gets a crunchy hard crust.
    I feel you, that crust is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Amazing sauce, crust, cheese... everything! I haven’t found anything that comes close.
    I added it to my Google docs and starred on Google maps. If I go back it will be a place I try.

Thanks for the tip!

everything on the plate should be edible. bones should be removed prior to serving

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post

Also adding sweet stuff to salty foods is disgusting. Like meat with fruit.. or pineapple on pizza etc.
    So you don’t like ketchup on your hamburgers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Consuming spicy food is not about flavor, but merely a socially acceptable form of public, exhibitionistic masochism.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Canned sardines are really tasty, as are whole grilled sardines (including the head)

I enjoy eating raw tomatoes. I can legit bite into one and eat it by itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i will start

Pineapple on pizza is lovely,
    I agree. I don't understand the hate.

Olives are THE worst thing I ever tasted. I can't stand them. If I have something that contains olives I will spend 5 minutes picking out every single piece of olive I find. That goes for both green and black olives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Consuming spicy food is not about flavor, but merely a socially acceptable form of public, exhibitionistic masochism.
    There's a little truth to that but it is also about flavor. For instance buffalo hot wings for me is one of my all time favorite spicy foods because of the flavor of the sauce.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ham and pineapple is my fav combo on pizza. Throw some bacon on and I have a triple foodgazm.
    You. I like you.

Here's one: Chinese foods & chips isn't the sin some people make it out to be. Salt & Pepper chips are incredible.

Both sugar and fat are good for you. If you cut out both and then feel depressed, you know exactly why it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am totally serious in saying pizza should never be enjoyed outside of New York City, Naples, and Chicago. I am only giving the latter a pass shakily too.

For the most part, pizza is a goddamn wreck everywhere else. I think it is both a disservice and insult someone in Ohio or Belgium is eating a pizza right now.
    This is a pretty radical viewpoint and I see it's received some criticism, but it's probably true that in 95% of cases that people outside of the "pizza meccas" aren't eating good pizza. When I see people arguing whether Dominos or Pizza Hut or Papa Johns is better, it's like....lol....they're all mediocre.

Don't get me wrong, I occasionally (read: every few years when I visit my grandparents in Florida) enjoy eating Pizza Hut, and I frequently (every month or two) make pizza at home with some lame pre-made crust you buy from the super market, but buying authentic local NYC pizza is unbeatable.

I'm sure some pizza places around the world, and even some chefs making their own pizza can do just as good (if not better because of the care they can put in) of a job, but most people are eating mediocre pizza a majority of the time and I guess don't really realize it.

It's weird being so food snobby over this, but it is an unpopular opinion thread...If you wanted to assert that lobster eaten outside of Maine isn't as fresh or good, I might believe that too for a similar reason.

Probably only unpopular opinion to the US people but USA chocolate is completely disgusting and has the after taste of vomit. I recently found out it i wasn't weird as the chocolate in the US has a chemical added that vomit also contains and explains why is so gross. Luckily US chocolate isn't prevalent where I live.

Chicken is disgusting. Especially Chicken Thighs. My mother used to undercook them and cover them in a soggy batter. yuck, the thought of rubbery chicken still makes me gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's weird being so food snobby over this, but it is an unpopular opinion thread...If you wanted to assert that lobster eaten outside of Maine isn't as fresh or good, I might believe that too for a similar reason.
    Having had both NYC pizza and other random pizza joints around the country, I can say this is way overhyped in my opinion.

I view this similar to wine and coffee. Ask people about the "best" wine and it's always expensive yet in double-blind taste tests it's usually the opposite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Canned sardines are really tasty, as are whole grilled sardines (including the head)
    Two of my favorite "light" snack foods: sardines and/or anchovies. Mmmmm mmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Having had both NYC pizza and other random pizza joints around the country, I can say this is way overhyped in my opinion.

I view this similar to wine and coffee. Ask people about the "best" wine and it's always expensive yet in double-blind taste tests it's usually the opposite.
    I can see how the taste of wine would be subjective to the taster, and aging wine might not change it enough to make it better, but I don't think the same can be said for comparing thin NYC pizza to thick salty Pizza Hut pizza. There's some texture difference that's actually distinguishable.

I think it'd be fair to say most people would prefer Wagyu prime cut beef compared to some random cow's tough shoulder cut of beef. I think pizza is similar where the texture and ingredient quality makes a difference.

Btw I don't think ALL NYC pizza is great. Some are misses. Some are cheaper than others (ex. Dollar slices that do business by volume).

Can't eat chicken in bread, it doesn't taste great. All those chicken burger variations leave me disappointed. I can accept chicken in wraps or tortilla

10+ Year Old Account
    The smell of chocolate as it is cooking is disgusting to me.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

1. Any person who says pineapple/fruit does not belong on pizza. Remind then what tomatoes are and thus tomatoe sauce.

2. Sushi is amazing and anyone who does not like it, is an uncultured swine.

3. Steak should be rare or medium rare only. If you like your steak well done....you are wrong.

4. Cheese is the most disgusting thing on earth, outside of being on pizza than its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjfleck View Post
    Chicken is disgusting. Especially Chicken Thighs. My mother used to undercook them and cover them in a soggy batter. yuck, the thought of rubbery chicken still makes me gag.
    Same here! I hate fried chicken. HATE. I hate dark meat in general, but especially if it's attached to a bone. Makes me gag just thinking about it. The only part of the chicken I like is the breast if it's skinless, boneless, and grilled. Also hate turkey legs and turkey wings.

Calamari is also disgusting. Rubbery squid covered in greasy breading. Blech. And this is from someone who LOVES seafood, but Calamari I cannot stand.