Rotation Gaps Leveling

Been playing WoW for over 12 years but never played a Druid so I thought I'd give it a go.

Only early days at level 30 but I find I'm waiting on spells/abilities all the time to use.

I usually play a caster so there's always something to use for constant dps but as a Feral Druid, so far, I seem to be waiting on things to happen so auto attack gets a workout.

Am I looking at all this wrong?

Is this how Feral is supposed to be played, slow, waiting for combo points or spells to build/use and auto attack is actually a thing?

Does it get more fluent at higher levels and just sucks in the early levels?

I'm trying hard to enjoy the class its just a struggle at the moment

Yes, and things are changing in 2 days. You'll probably end up with a couple more abilities than you have now so that might help as well.

But yes, with Feral you sit on energy for a bit sometimes. I do believe you want to use Ferocious Bite with twice the energy it costs to get the damage boost. Using the talent Predator for leveling is great too, lots of free energy and your Tigers Fury is always up with it. But when the prepatch drops it should all feel better i think.
    I'm a thread killer.

Thank you for the help mate.
    I had chosen Sabre-tooth over Predator.
    Once I used Predator everything got a lot easier .
    But still incredibly low dps and its just like sitting back watching the game play itself.
    Finishing fourth in all 5 man groups, passed by the healer once and came last.
    So not going to continue, effort and reward ratio nowhere near breaking even.
    Last edited by Pizza68; 2020-10-12 at 08:17 AM. Reason: More details

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza68 View Post
    Thank you for the help mate.
    I had chosen Sabre-tooth over Predator.
    Once I used Predator everything got a lot easier .
    But still incredibly low dps and its just like sitting back watching the game play itself.
    Finishing fourth in all 5 man groups, passed by the healer once and came last.
    So not going to continue, effort and reward ratio nowhere near breaking even.
    You cannot judge a class at level 30 nor can you judge one that requires a high skill level when you’ve barely learned to play it.

Feral is quite competitive but it’s not a 3 button class like DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Feral has some issues in its current state.
    Ie learning passive skills before the active skill. Also I found that ibwas doing better dps as a feral in moonkin than in cat form.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Mate just look here https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/feral-druid-pve-dps-guide

Predator, primal wrath are 2 amazing talents. So get to level 45 and see the fun start, that talent is 10/10, changed feral for good in BFA 8.1 when we got it.

Sadly the new bloodtalons sucks, it just aint worth it, so stick to clarity or frenzy maybe.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Mate just look here
    Predator, primal wrath are 2 amazing talents. So get to level 45 and see the fun start, that talent is 10/10, changed feral for good in BFA 8.1 when we got it.

Sadly the new bloodtalons sucks, it just aint worth it, so stick to clarity or frenzy maybe.
    thanks dude, I've been looking for decent druid tutorials for days now

Quote Originally Posted by sarahk99 View Post
    thanks dude, I've been looking for decent druid tutorials for days now
    Icyveins is always the default go-to site since like 4 years now. Its good, updated fast etc. Love it when I haft to learn alts or new builds.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO