Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I hadn't googled Genshin Impact. Can't unsee.

That game will probably only be big in Asia, and with the weeb community around the world. If those people leave WoW for Genshin Impact... Great. Absolutely great, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

Nothing cringe worth about a game breaking records and making millions. With how vague your second statement is, I get the feeling that this isn't a thread about WoW, but a thread for you to bash the new game.
    It's pretty fucking cringe that there are adults who are into this shit. Sorry.
    Hi

But is it an MMO though? No? Then it is not a "WoW killer".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Those graphics are amazing.

I mean, they have to scrap the current WoW engine and do something at least on the level of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I know they are trying to upgrade the graphics in the current engine but it really doesn't cut it.
    i reserve my hope for wow 10.0 as the last patch for old wow and the announcement of a poe2/ow2-esque WoW 2 which adds a completely new engine branch whilst maintaining the whole old game and everything players achieved over the years.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Hard weeb game.. so no ty

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's pretty fucking cringe that there are adults who are into this shit. Sorry.
    Whats cringe is that there are people judging others for liking anime or video games. Not sorry.

No adults liking it = no profits = no one developing games. For example, WoW wouldn't exist. It often times gets called Cartoony in appearance. Guess its cringe too. Though, I've seen more ridicule for liking WoW then I ever have for liking anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Isn't it a P2W gambling game which looks like sailor moon?
    Apex Exploded really suddenly too at start and hype ended in 5 months. It has decent playerbase now.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Isn't it a P2W gambling game which looks like sailor moon?
    Apex Exploded really suddenly too at start and hype ended in 5 months. It has decent playerbase now.
    Nope. Games free without having to spend a dime to beat its end game content. Though its not an MMO. Just co-op. So, different genre completely from WoW. Though both do have micro-transactions.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Somebody call Kenny Loggins.

Yeah let's judge an MMO from its first month or two of release, history has taught us that if an MMO is successful in its first 2 months that success will continue right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Those graphics are amazing.

I mean, they have to scrap the current WoW engine and do something at least on the level of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I know they are trying to upgrade the graphics in the current engine but it really doesn't cut it.
    Those graphics are pretty average affair and just using the BOTW art style, literal copy paste of the aesthetic. That game is a niche anyway, anime titles are not that popular in the west and it's not going to remotely compete with WoW.

And WoW has been successful in spite of dated graphics for a decade and a half. Scrapping the WoW engine is never going to happen, they will just continue to upgrade the engine every 2 years.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Nope. Games free without having to spend a dime to beat its end game content. Though its not an MMO. Just co-op. So, different genre completely from WoW. Though both do have micro-transactions.
    I mean can you directly buy power/upgrades/skip lockouts and other crap than that? And crappy marketing tactics as "this is limited time offer to buy X currency for 5$ only". Not to mention dynamic price range for different income people.
    The mobile phone Lineage comes to mind, you can "beat the game" without the cash, but it will take much longer and you will be way weaker than a paying customer.

WoWs microtransactions are cosmetic only. WoW token being grey area

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Never heard of this game, so I Googled it, and now I'm probably on some sort of watch list. Very weird and creepy.
    Look less at the concept and still art and look at some gameplay, I'm actually exasperated how much Im enjoying myself so far. the elemental action rpg combat is quite entertaining and there are a few challenging bosses to sink your teeth into.

I'm not one for gacha games and I don't intend to ever spend any money on it, so once it becomes a keeping up with the joneses Im gonna bounce, but if you want 20+ hours of free quality entertainment, man get over your weeb-phobia and go for it. Really.

More on topic, Genshin Impact isn't an MMO, you can drop into each others worlds 4 at a time, but it's not open world MMO, WoW and it are not competitors.

End of topic.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean can you directly buy power/upgrades/skip lockouts and other crap than that? And crappy marketing tactics as "this is limited time offer to buy X currency for 5$ only". Not to mention dynamic price range for different income people.
    The mobile phone Lineage comes to mind, you can "beat the game" without the cash, but it will take much longer and you will be way weaker than a paying customer.

WoWs microtransactions are cosmetic only. WoW token being grey area
    Nope. You can try to get other characters, but the free ones will work just fine for all content in game. You also get free rolls from playing, so theres that too. Can't skip lockouts. Closest is 1 resource you can refill, but only 5 times a day that way. Again though, you earn some of the currency in game so can use that, and it refills on its own too. No limited time offers yet either. One guy actually beat its endgame within like, 8 days of launch 100% free.

I feel WoW is much worse since its already p2p. Adding in micro transactions and marketing tactics to get you to buy 6+ months for something.

See how the game is in a month then come back

Almost guaranteed the numbers for genshin will go down, just like fall guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well I'll never play Genshin impact.

It's new and en vogue right now but we'll see where it stands in a year. It's still a gatcha-laden pay-to-win garbage dump like so many Asian MMOs, unfortunately.

Another reason why I'll never play it is because the dev is China-based. Note: Not because the devs are Chinese. There's a difference. A China-based company basically belongs to the CCP meaning the CCP has access to all data that company collects which very likely includes personal and banking information, friend lists and chat logs.
    If the dev was based in Taiwan I'd at least check it out, the ability to play on both mobile and PC alone would've made this interesting.. But I'm not giving these guys my information or my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel WoW is much worse since its already p2p. Adding in micro transactions and marketing tactics to get you to buy 6+ months for something.
    I agree that in a subscription based model there should not be ingame real money purchases. WoW shop is not even really microtransaction since the prices are quite high.

However, none of the purchases (yes WoW token, gold == gear is kinda almost there but not exactly) offer unfair gameplay advantages over people who spend zero in the store. You can own all the mounts, pets and toys but it will not make your character progress any faster.

Genshin Impact isn't a "Wow killer". Even though the core mechanics are similar (mmo-like style) the way of getting things makes it totally different. In Genshin Impact everything is randomised from gear (and you need multiple copies of gear to upgrade it) to characters you can play (and you can't play one character - not every character is good in all kinds of content).

This game is kind of mmo but with typical 'Gatcha' mechanics, it's lootbox deluxe. You don't get sword, character, etc? No problem! Toss some extra $$$ at developer direction.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Gatcha games are bad (I'm playing 2 of them - mostly on way to and from work) but Wow community wouldn't embrace a real 'Pay to Win' game.

Its funny how people talk about devs doing it, remove it; but in the end they dont even know what really want and just hate the game right now, and cant leave because there is no a better MMORPG now, and at the same time they want to feel the nostalgia like the first time playing world of warcraft

still hating the things that they dont even try, because someone else hate it, if you cant even add a suggest on your critic how it can helpful?

it dont remove all devs reponsability, but god, being a game dev right now sucks,

i have things that i dislike and sugestion to improve it, but the main reason that i leave wow, is because my friends, my guild and old in game friends, stop playing
    and the pug life or geting into a new guild with alot of strangers people... well, dont worth it anymore

and my favorite faction is so much more hard to do litle things, like killing the week heroic end boss

I know what make me stop, but do you know what make your stop?

and about the Gatcha games, i have trying to play one for frist time, Gunshin impact i think, in the start its fun and all, but after a few days, its hurt, its not good for the player or wallet (They put alot of things, that player already hate in wow, like daily quests, daily rewards, requeriments to do things etc)

on foruns, there alot of people re-roll first account like 20-30 times to get one 5 star characters, and the RNG system on almost everthing sucks
    people like it right now, but if it wow on 15 years of service, the wow forum will be on fire

I'm not saying that the game is bad, the history, the music, the art, these things were well worked, but the mechanics that they force you to spend or wait in the bank doing daily with the excuse of being (Adventure Rank - lvl?) is basically a way to encourage shopping, even until the dungeons you can make few in the day or use coins to be able to repeat the system
    but what impressed me the most was the system of elements and reactions, makes the need to have characters with high stars (premium) be smaller, because you can make combinations (but only 2 usable per character is ridiculous)
    Summing up genshim impact is a cool game, which I wouldn't be able to keep playing for a long time and I probably won't remember it as I remember The Witcher 3, Batman Arkhan, the first assasin creeds, age of mythology, Ragnarok? dota, sonic, etc.
    Last edited by Guidance; 2020-10-12 at 08:40 AM.

It's an MMO? When I googled it said open world action rpg.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    With Genshin Impact making over $100 million in two weeks, recovering the full cost of developing and running the game and the rising popularity on twitch despite there not being much of a social feel to the game, what will happen to WoW when more mmo games are released in 2021?

I don’t get why such a cringe worthy game like genshin impact is able to do what it did in two weeks both in terms of monetary gain and popularity...it’s no wow killer, but the more it grows the more it overshadows wow and that’s only just one new game...

Can blizzard devs please listen to the players and not remove all that is fun from the game?

Can we please have our fun back, namely the stuff recently removed from the game and make some changes to the overly restrictive plethora of systems?
    Imagine: there are people that

1) do not like realistic graphics
    2) like overly pronounced effects, models, assets and textures
    3) do not like to be trapped in a anime

*insert mind blown meme*
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...