Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

AOE hard-cap implemented to reduce server lag.

This is so obvious. Of course Blizzard are trying to claim it’s because of gameplay reasons. But that is BS.

Ion said himself in an interview that the server lag is mainly caused by all the random procs in the game especially in AOE situations. So what is the easiest and most lazy solution to fix this?.. an AOE HARD-cap.

If it was for gameplay reasons as Blizzard claims then they could easily have made an AOE soft-cap. But a soft-cap would not have reduced the random procs and therefore they are making hard-cap. It’s so obviously just a lazy solution to a problem that Blizzard have created themselves by making the gameplay of WoW based on a million random procs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it works then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well if it works then I'm all for it.
    Seconded. Seems like a win/win to me?

Cool so less latency out in the world and more interesting m+ beyond just aoe. Win-win.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    This is so obvious. Of course Blizzard are trying to claim it’s because of gameplay reasons. But that is BS.

Ion said himself in an interview that the server lag is mainly caused by all the random procs in the game especially in AOE situations. So what is the easiest and most lazy solution to fix this?.. an AOE HARD-cap.

If it was for gameplay reasons as Blizzard claims then they could easily have made an AOE soft-cap. But a soft-cap would not have reduced the random procs and therefore they are making hard-cap. It’s so obviously just a lazy solution to a problem that Blizzard have created themselves by making the gameplay of WoW based on a million random procs.
    Yeah it's definitely not for gameplay reasons. I want to continue to have AOE be the only viable strategy when it's available.

Yeah I actually think it's a good solution too.

It will give more class diversity in Mythic+ and in raiding, free up design space and if it fixes server lag too that's just an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Cool so less latency out in the world and more interesting m+ beyond just aoe. Win-win.
    If you think M+ was just about AOE in BFA then it’s simply because you played too low keys.

So why do mostly melee classes get affected by it? If it was for something like server lag, nerf everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shame they couldn't get sharding to work properly.

If you think M+ was just about AOE in BFA then it’s simply because you played too low keys.
    Never claimed such.

15+ Year Old Account
    And then most soulbind passives are procs.....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Never claimed such.
    You implied that M+ is not interesting beyond AOE. So I’m just adding that it’s because you should do harder keys. Go outside of your comfort zone sometimes and you will see that.

You implied that M+ is not interesting beyond AOE. So I’m just adding that’s it because you should do harder keys. Go outside of your comfort zone sometimes and you will see that.
    Not at all what I implied. I implied aoe in m+ is uninteresting. Quite the opposite of what you infer.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

This conspiracy theory would make a lot more sense if there weren't still absolutely tons of soft-capped abilities.

i kinda doubt aoeing against mobs causes that much lag.

and if there's 8+ enemy players in pvp, i bet it's going to lag anyways even with this cap.

Not at all what I implied. I implied aoe in m+ is uninteresting. Quite the opposite of what you infer.
    But M+ is already interesting beyond AOE. If you don’t think it is then you should do some harder keys instead of doing +10 keys with 475-480 gear.

So? I agree, it seems a likely change to reduce performance issues. And it adds another lever to adjust spec performance outside pure single target.

All in all it seems like a good change, only the future will show how balanced it is (and how willing they are to make changes depending on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i kinda doubt aoeing against mobs causes that much lag.

and if there's 8+ enemy players in pvp, i bet it's going to lag anyways even with this cap.
    Doubt it all you want, but Ion said it was the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This conspiracy theory would make a lot more sense if there weren't still absolutely tons of soft-capped abilities.
    There’s not though. Almost all prominent AOE abilities are hard-caped now.

But M+ is already interesting beyond AOE. If you don’t think it is then you should do some harder keys instead of doing +10 keys with 475-480 gear.
    Yes it is. Doesn't change the fact that aoe is uninteresting.
    Why do you keep trying to argue something I haven't said?

It's like you just wanna argue and say whatever to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    So? I agree, it seems a likely change to reduce performance issues. And it adds another lever to adjust spec performance outside pure single target.

All in all it seems like a good change, only the future will show how balanced it is (and how willing they are to make changes depending on it).
    So, they should just be honest about it.