Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Again, pretty much not dead. Maybe from a company or marketing standpoint it is. But you can find plenty of games not being actively supported that have a recurrent playerbase. This is one of them. Personal bias is not an excuse to say a game is dead. You´re not interested in the game? That´s totally valid, but that´s not equivalent to a game being dead. I don´t understand this obsession players have to declare a game being dead just because THEY don´t play it anymore.
    Right on paper 1 player = game not dead however what i said is nothing to do with personal bias if you did bother to read what i said.
    Friday / saturday evening i have to wait 20 to 40 min for a ranked game and i get the same group for 30 people with or against me and its not like i am sitting on a lone peak of GM where only a rare few get matched with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    People have been making "HOTS is dead" thread for like 3 years now...
    And that doesn't make a single one of them wrong for 3 years either lmao

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Except for 3 years people have still been able to play it. Wildstar is a dead game. HotS is more like a man in his 50s or 60s.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Eh, I don't play it, but that's because I don't play the MOBA genre.

That said the game is still getting developer time, it seems to have a niche but strong community and honestly it has a much better shot at becoming an esport now than it did when they tried to just push it really hard. It's also one of the easiest MOBA games to figure out, is great fun to watch and I like how much it emphasizes team play over trying to push up a character to carry.

I do think Blizz should have kept Heroes of the Dorm around, but for the most part should only be doing minor tournament support and maybe offering low level prize pools to community organized tournaments.

Just pushing immediately to an esport has hurt both it and overwatch. It needs to grow naturally around the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Except for 3 years people have still been able to play it. Wildstar is a dead game. HotS is more like a man in his 50s or 60s.
    So because people perform necrophilia that means dead people don't exist?

Nah, MMO-C just doesn't care about HOTS; its period of mainstream interest and accessibility has passed.

It is dead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what it means.

A game like hots, an online pvp game, is dead when it is no longer relevant. It's not a question of weather it's technically playable or not.

Hots hasn't been relevant for a long time.

I wouldn't say HotS is dead, its just being kept in maintenance mode. It has a very niche audience who just like short and casual MOBA games and they get to play as their favorite Blizzard character, these are a few of the reasons why some people would prefer it over LoL and DotA 2. I'd say this game lacks on the competitive side which is mainly the reason why it has never taken off as a popular e-sport. The entire genre was basically made for it. Their mistake was to make the game to casual which also means that the game lacks any depth and complexity, and to release it way to late while the genre was taking off. Its hard to say if HotS would get dethroned by LoL or DotA 2 if it came out earlier though.

People have been making "HOTS is dead" thread for like 3 years now...
    I think when people use the word "dead" in relation to a video game they mean going downhill - losing popularity. I mean, that has to be what they mean right? WoW has been dead since WotLK.

Hell, who knows maybe they mean dead to them only. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    A game like hots, an online pvp game, is dead when it is no longer relevant. It's not a question of weather it's technically playable or not.

If its not relevant...why are we still talking about it?

If its not relevant...why are we still talking about it?
    People talk about non-relevant things all the time.

People talk about non-relevant things all the time.
    As demonstrated by this thread. It's totally irrelevant that a few people think HotS is dead, they are free to think that. I still play it every day with games starting in seconds in the dead of night with different people and AFAIC it ain't going anywhere soon.

Well this year definetly showed, is no longer relevant.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.