Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Well if HOTS is not mentioned in financial reports for Q3, that means game is no longer revelant and they don't even bother with game. Ah i forgot, HOTS is not mentioned since 2018.
    Yeah but neither were Crash Bandicoot games. Just because they are not mentioned doesn't mean they are dedgames. The new Crash games are widely received and actually doing very well, it's just not something worth mentioning in the fiscal reports.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-10-30 at 05:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It died when they released it without just outright making it a DOTA/ LOL clone with Blizzard characters. After I found you cannot get items and farm the other team and become godlike I was instantly turned off. They could have crushed all the competition with just making it a Blizzard LOL clone and they chose to instead release a shit game with nothing to offer and no reason to play.
    So glad it wasn't a DOTA clone. Then people wouldn't have any reason to play HotS when League offers the same ability to be toxic and stroke your own dick at the same time unless you had to have Blizzard characters. OBJs actually set the game apart, and let the game actually have something unique.

I am alive again. I was without internet for 33 days (I counted... -.- ). I have no idea what I missed and didn't miss yet, I'll get back to it as soon as I'm up to speed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I am alive again. I was without internet for 33 days (I counted... -.- ). I have no idea what I missed and didn't miss yet, I'll get back to it as soon as I'm up to speed again.
    Welcome back! Glad to see you are okay

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Welcome back! Glad to see you are okay
    Thank you! It's good to be amongst the living again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back and nah, you didin't missed anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear that.

Anyway, the game is hardly dead. Been playing over 200+ games this season alone and get matches in a reasonable time frame in EU, which is really no different from all the other years.

I used to write a lot on these HotS forums before, but nowadays I spend my time on the HotS Reddit forum where I get my HotS news and discussions. The subreddit has actually been growing substantially for the last year after having very stagnant growth since the 2018 changes, so that at least goes against the idea that the game is actually dead.

MMO-Champion has tried to bring news about other Blizzard games for a long time. However, the site doesn't gain any traction from it whether its HotS or Overwatch, which has likely more to do with the target demographic being primarily WoW oriented and the news always being on the front page when opening the site. I barely visit here nowadays despite using the HotS forums a lot in the past. Not much of a point in spending time here when I can go to YouTube, Twitch, or Reddit for anything HotS related.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of cope in this thread makes me sad.

I mean, it's not really dead, but keep telling yourself that. There is a very active and healthy community that still plays.

33 days! Hots is dead again we are told. That and your team booted you. Welcome back!

Edit: Also sadly haff to agree with Frozen. I've reluctantly had to migrate to Reddit as well for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2020-11-06 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    The game was dead 3 years ago, imagine today. So sad to see this MOBA go to the funeral, I have really enjoyed it in the past.
    I get the sentiment that it's dead, but it feels like its going through a weird resurgence. Noticing a lot more people streaming/playing lately.

I get that it's anecdotal, but its still cool to see.

I can't speak to the state of the other regions, but EU is doing quite well.

Their report system killed the game.

I still think the game is amazing, but they got a couple of years too late into MOBAS and also the player base of their games is not the same as this, so there is no incentive of playing this game with Diablo/Wow/Starcraft characters, while they can play Dota or LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman2000 View Post
    I still think the game is amazing, but they got a couple of years too late into MOBAS and also the player base of their games is not the same as this, so there is no incentive of playing this game with Diablo/Wow/Starcraft characters, while they can play Dota or LOL.
    I think that is definitely one of the failings of modern Blizzard design philosophy.

They're accounting for too much of the lowest common denominator instead of making hardcore games that are fun like they used to. It waters down a lot of games and now the baseline element of every one of their games revolves around some sort of progression system that 'hooks you in'. And if the game doesn't have that hook, they'll just abandon it like they are with RTS.