Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

You know HOTS is dead when current patch notes are no longer displayed at MMO-C

Or what is the reason for not showing the 52.1 patch notes?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They probably realise people that care enough to look at them can easily see them on the battle.net browser.

That and HotS is a Moba not an MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess because even Battle.net doesnt give a me a notice the patch was installed.
    Patches are so subtle nowadays I barely pay attention/

But I have to agree, Hots seems like a "One closed community". I noticed patch notes from youtube hots player (russian segment). WHen I dont play it, I dont even know if patch was deployed lol

But I wouldnt say "it's dead". With this logic Valorant and OW are dead aswell, we just dont pay attention to the game.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares anyway? 2020 showed literally what Blizzard will do with HOTS. NOTHING.

Matchmaking is an joke, two win traders in EU are GM 1 and 2 in rankeds, no communication with devs anymore. So yeah who cares?

3+ Year Old Account
    The game was dead 3 years ago, imagine today. So sad to see this MOBA go to the funeral, I have really enjoyed it in the past.

Who cares if it's dead when I can just join ARAM and enjoy some fun games within 5 seconds of booting the game.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

You mean the front page isn't just used to embedd blizzard videos to inflate views?

10+ Year Old Account
    HotS is still my main game along with the occasional bout of Trackmania. The community and game quality has definitely improved over the last year or so for me, there's not so many afkers and toxics. But yeah something's still to be said for the corrupt matchmaking at times with unexplainable 15 game loss streaks once in a while, too frequently to be luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    That seems to be more of a problem with MMO-C than with HOTS. Or, more specifically, with the one guy who's "job" it is to update that information hasn't done so yet. State of the world being what it is right now...he might have a very valid reason for that.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the dude whose job is to update the HOTS section is busy playing WoW pre-patch or something! :P

Hmm I wouldn't say it's dead, whenever I play ranked I rarely run into same people. It's alive enough to have decent matchmaking (in ranked at least, don't play other modes).

Quote Originally Posted by Thaledwyn View Post
    That game was DOA

It takes me usually 10 to 20 seconds to find a game playing ANY role. Any time of the day. But yeah this game is sooooo dead.

I don't really expect MMO-C to post anything that isn't WoW. If they do so then its a very rare occasion.

It died when they released it without just outright making it a DOTA/ LOL clone with Blizzard characters. After I found you cannot get items and farm the other team and become godlike I was instantly turned off. They could have crushed all the competition with just making it a Blizzard LOL clone and they chose to instead release a shit game with nothing to offer and no reason to play.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2020-10-16 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It died when they released it without just outright making it a DOTA/ LOL clone with Blizzard characters. After I found you cannot get items and farm the other team and become godlike I was instantly turned off.
    LOL, so because the game didn't let you stroke your e-peen over it you hated it? Glad you didn't play then chief.

I'm still slogging away time in co-op vs AI. It's less queueing, less frustration, and I'm not gonna get matched against enemies that I have no chance of outplaying because I can choose the level. The AI changes they made over the years made them less predictable. It's not like players, but it used to be much simpler. Of course, this isn't for everyone, and I can't fault anyone that still plays the game in any mode because they enjoy it.

I wish that the dev team hadn't been gutted to a skeleton crew, but at this point, it feels like we're never gonna see it return to it's glory days. I'd expect we might see 1 new character per year, but the development on the game has all but halted.

After I found you cannot get items and farm the other team and become godlike I was instantly turned off.
    You mean that after you found out that people who perhaps weren't as experienced at the genre actually had a chance to succeed and have fun, you got pissed off? Sounds like a you-problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    I'm still slogging away time in co-op vs AI. It's less queueing, less frustration, and I'm not gonna get matched against enemies that I have no chance of outplaying because I can choose the level. The AI changes they made over the years made them less predictable. It's not like players, but it used to be much simpler. Of course, this isn't for everyone, and I can't fault anyone that still plays the game in any mode because they enjoy it.

I wish that the dev team hadn't been gutted to a skeleton crew, but at this point, it feels like we're never gonna see it return to it's glory days. I'd expect we might see 1 new character per year, but the development on the game has all but halted.

You mean that after you found out that people who perhaps weren't as experienced at the genre actually had a chance to succeed and have fun, you got pissed off? Sounds like a you-problem.
    Everyone is new at something at some point I remember when I first started playing LOL I got destroyed and lost every game for a year until I found a champion that I dominated on then the game was amazing and I figured out other champs and you know got better at something rather than have it handed to me or depend on others to do something for me. ARAM is the best thing LOL ever implemented and lets you see champs you have not played or maybe played a million times before in a different light, but you still had items and could get OP and own the other team.

Nerraw is just lazy :P

It died when they released it without just outright making it a DOTA/ LOL clone with Blizzard characters. After I found you cannot get items and farm the other team and become godlike I was instantly turned off. They could have crushed all the competition with just making it a Blizzard LOL clone and they chose to instead release a shit game with nothing to offer and no reason to play.
    I'm not sure why some people are flaming you, this is pretty spot on. I had a lot of fun in Heroes of the Storm back when it released, but it was clearly DoA. Not only did it come out when LoL and Dota were already extremely popular and successful, but it tried to be different, which means it would never attract LoL and Dota players. It is therefore not a surprise that Blizzard gave up on the title.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-19 at 05:01 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!