Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands - New Character Customization Preview

Shadowlands Prepatch - New Customization Preview
    One of the most anticipated things coming with the pre-patch is a host of new customization options for our characters. Below is a highlight of the most impactful additions to each race and some previews. For a full extent of what is available, check out MrGM's complete racial breakdown video playlist below!

New Character Creation Screen

New Character Creation Class Poses
    Each class now has an animated pose on the character creation screen. You can see a gallery with images here.

General Customization Changes for All Races

• You can now change your appearance and gender a the barbershop.
    • Druids can change their shapeshift appearances at the barbershop.
    • Face options and eye color have been separated. You may now choose from a large amount of eye colors separate from your face, including blind options and scars for many races!
      • Nightborne seem to be the only race excluded from these options as of now.
      • Dark Iron Dwarves also did not receive this update as they only have one eye color option, being on fire!
    • Most of the core races have many new skin color options, faces, hair styles, and beards.
    • Bald option for all races and genders.

Alliance

Humans
    • Addition of many face and skin color options to reflect much more diversity in appearance.
    • Addition of a face shape toggle - Narrow, Wide, or Long.
    • Male
      • Mustache, Beard, Sideburns, and eyebrows can all be customized separately with new options.
    • Female
      • Eyebrows can now be customized separately with new options.
      • Addition of Makeup, piercings, and necklace options.

• Nightborne
      • No Changes
    • Highmountain Tauren
      • No Changes aside from eye color separation
    • Mag'har Orcs
      • Male
        • Ability to customize beard and sideburns separately
        • Tusk customization
      • Female
        • New necklaces and nose ring
    • Zandalari Trolls
      • Can customize ear gauges separately from earrings
    • Vulpera
      • No changes aside from eye color separation

Full Customization Videos
    If you would like to view the full extent of the customization options available to each race, check out MrGM's video playlist below!

Last edited by chaud; 2020-10-12 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to be that guy, but it looks like they just Blackfaced the darker skintone options.

Yo, we can make brown elves?

Yummy

Shadowlands! Now with the same amount of customization the other MMORPGS had for 10+ year! (joking)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the new customizations are fantastic, no doubt, however.. alot of them are for a lack of a better word unimaginative.

It's close.. but not quite.

The word that springs to mind is.. overdue.

By no means am I dissatisfied with these updates, but it does make me wonder if they now feel “done” with it, and are thus going to keep a hands-off approach for two-or-more expansions.

Now allied races are lagging quite behind on most customisation options, compared to the main race. I compared the two orc races and the two tauren races and it is a rather large gap in customisation. Agreed, allied races are not core races story-wise, but why not equal races in options? I am hoping that it is a time-related issue, and that they will get to allied races. Some options are very lacking, still. Like Nightborne hair options.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I don't want to be that guy, but it looks like they just Blackfaced the darker skintone options.
    In those previews they are using the older faces with the darker skin tones. It's worth pointing out there are some few faces that are better adapted for them though.

My only question: Can I make a male Dwarf without a beard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: PLEASE ADD THE OPTION TO HIDE PANTS IN TRANSMOG.

I hope with all this customization they finally gonna let me play a bald elf.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I hope with all this customization they finally gonna let me play a bald elf.
    I can confirm that all races - including elves - that I have checked thus far, has bald options for both male and female characters.

Absolutely love the Class animations in the character creation screen. Very useful for new players (like my daughter).

It does however show which specs are so far disconnected from the rest of the class that it does not even make sense anymore haha. For example, nothing about that Priest animation gives you any indication of using Void/Shadow magic. Also, no way to see that Hunter animation and have any idea that you could be melee.

Just give me that sweet, sweet Cultist class so I don't have these Light based specs with my Void/Shadow Specs; and give us that Melee Ranger/Woodsy Class so that Hunter can just be ranged again.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I can confirm that all races - including elves - that I have checked thus far, has bald options for both male and female characters.
    tfw the other elves got power from fel energies but you only got radiation sickness and cancer

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    OMG thank you!!! My Demon Hunter is taking a trip to the barber! woot!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    With humans they didn't. There actual different facial feature options too. But obviously you can choose face/skin separately.

With other races, well, they're not humans, so it follows that their darker skin tones would necessarily equate to different features. I mean Gnomes gonna Gnome, no matter what tone the are (indeed, in traditional Dungeons and Dragons, Gnomes don't have pale skin - they have earth-tones and browns - though later Gnomes have been all over the place).

One thing I didn't see mentioned was the DK customizations. Which they all do have the same as you'd expect, but Night Elf Death Nights can change their eyes to the Night warrior where everyone else's is the DK glowy blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde kinda got dicked over in this round of customizations I’d say.

Would have rather gotten a couple new races instead of jewelry and tattoos.

Hey nice blue and green hair for white female skins. Now they need the haircut that looks like a 6 year old cut it and one of those big pig rings in their nose piercing options and you have a leftist feminist lmfaooo

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Horde kinda got dicked over in this round of customizations I’d say.
    Blue eyed elves are all we need.