Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Do raiders have to do all the new systems in SL for power? Or are those for people who don't raid?
    What are you going on about? What raider would ignore anything that gave them power?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    What time & date in CEST?
    According to the Blizzard launcher, the EU scheduled maintenance is from 7:00 to 15:00 CEST tomorrow, Wednesday 14th.

It's a bit weird because the US is apparently saying it's done by 3:00 PDT today, the Tuesday 13th, which is midnight CEST today, so if the information on the Blizzard launcher is right, we won't actually be getting it until 15 hours after the US.

That doesn't seem normal to me, so either my math is way off, or Blizzard are giving out bad information somewhere. The launcher very clearly says the maintenance is 7:00 to 15:00 CST Wednesday 14th though.

Somewhere between 4am and 8am here I guess.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Scynfullone View Post
    What are you going on about? What raider would ignore anything that gave them power?
    Just a question, no need to be an ass.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Double-checking the Blizzard info, yeah, it looks like they're just going to release it about a day late in the EU, and haven't outright said so, which seems like a good way to make people mad given the Blizzard launcher stuff for the EU clearly and repeatedly says it'll be out on the 13th.

Schedules are below though:

NA schedule: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/22835078

EU schedule: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...aking/21898767

I guess Blizzard just don't mind annoying people in the EU region with bad info?

15+ Year Old Account
    It s always been the case though with EU getting there patch the day after.
    I ve went from an EU account to a US one and I can`t remember the last time the patch was a worldwide release, if anything EU has the advantage as we get to see what trouble the US had with it s patch day before hand

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    9pm at night is when it'll be playable, if history holds true.
    Iyt has been playable much sooner than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Double-checking the Blizzard info, yeah, it looks like they're just going to release it about a day late in the EU, and haven't outright said so, which seems like a good way to make people mad given the Blizzard launcher stuff for the EU clearly and repeatedly says it'll be out on the 13th.

I guess Blizzard just don't mind annoying people in the EU region with bad info?
    It's no bad info. Pre-Patch releases just as every pre-patch before it released. It goes up after the scheduled maintenance is completed. They have always worked this way.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's no bad info. Pre-Patch releases just as every pre-patch before it released. It goes up after the scheduled maintenance is completed. They have always worked this way.
    It's absolutely bad info, don't talk nonsense.

Blizzard put out tons of info on the pre-patch and it all says that it's coming out on the 13th. It should say "13th NA, 14th EU".

This is the sort of thing where, if someone at my firm did this, there'd have to be a meeting about why we communicated with clients so badly, even if it was "known" by experienced clients that the date in our PR stuff was bollocks. It's not like it would have been difficult for Blizzard to have actually communicated the info.

They'll 'patch' it in during the maintenance today. So It should be up at 3 PM Pacific or 6 PM Eastern.

As to when it's actually up, anywhere before or after those times. But more than likely after. But possibly before. But generally that time, or thereabouts.
    I'm a thread killer.

Blizzard put out tons of info on the pre-patch and it all says that it's coming out on the 13th. It should say "13th NA, 14th EU".

This is the sort of thing where, if someone at my firm did this, there'd have to be a meeting about why we communicated with clients so badly, even if it was "known" by experienced clients that the date in our PR stuff was bollocks. It's not like it would have been difficult for Blizzard to have actually communicated the info.
    They did. It says 14th at the EU announcement.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ves-october-14

All patches are deployed on weekly reset day, which in EU is 1 day later.

This is hardly news.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-10-13 at 01:43 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    They did. It says 14th at the EU announcement.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...ves-october-14
    Interesting. The link I got said 13th, I was surprised. Either they corrected that or I got the US link because I have a US account as well (which hasn't been active for several years though).

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the catchup gear available right away in Icecrown when the patch is live? Or does that come later on with the invasion stuff?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Is the catchup gear available right away in Icecrown when the patch is live? Or does that come later on with the invasion stuff?
    With the invasion event

doubt it will be long. As time has went on through the years patch days are significantly shorter than they used to be.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

It's not bad info. Every player knows by now how patch drops work. You don't need to be told because you should already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    doubt it will be long. As time has went on through the years patch days are significantly shorter than they used to be.
    ...you've doomed us all.

My client just started the update, so get that done now while servers are down.

According to the Blizzard launcher, the EU scheduled maintenance is from 7:00 to 15:00 CEST tomorrow, Wednesday 14th.

It's a bit weird because the US is apparently saying it's done by 3:00 PDT today, the Tuesday 13th, which is midnight CEST today, so if the information on the Blizzard launcher is right, we won't actually be getting it until 15 hours after the US.

That doesn't seem normal to me, so either my math is way off, or Blizzard are giving out bad information somewhere. The launcher very clearly says the maintenance is 7:00 to 15:00 CST Wednesday 14th though.

How does that not seem normal, patches maintenance etc us has always had a 16 hour headstart over eu simply because the way patches are deployed in different regions?

Bad info? Because you went in blindly and decided to be affronted by something that isn't an issue,. Blizzard have communicated the issue.

This is on you not blizzard, its like opening a flat pack reading the wrong set of instructions and kicking off because you can't read Chinese. Without looking at the rest of the instructions, and noticing it has different instructions for different languages.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2020-10-13 at 02:20 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's not bad info. Every player knows by now how patch drops work. You don't need to be told because you should already know.
    This is literally nonsense. If you believe it, you have no idea what 99% of WoW players are like.