Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone else not hyped for shadowlands lore?

No new Ideas at all

What about scourge... But good!

Emerald Dream 2.0

Generic Gotic Vampires with Generic noble tyrant

Even the Jailer is Kinda boring. «Oh no he wants to kill everyone, including azeroth!»

Also arent there an infinite number of realms? Why don’t they all just unite to destroy the jailer

Also super lame the scourge is suddenly the good guys
    An'u belore delen'na

There's nothing to really hype from seeing as it's all brand new, compared to someone like Arthas or even N'zoth.

I'm more intrigued than hyped tbh.

Yeah, i am not interested at all. There is so much shit on Azeroth that needs to be addressed and focused (e.g. Alliance internal conflict, war aftermaths, new Horde leadership, how does the average person on the horde desk with being a war criminal etc
    In addition to that, N'zoth was incredibly rushed. Dedicating a whole expansion to him would have made much more sense and would be more interesting at this point.

I am all up for Shadowlands in general, just not... right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will feel like MoP that it is brand new, so have been trying not to spoil myself too much. So not really hyped but cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, i am not interested at all. There is so much shit on Azeroth that needs to be addressed and focused (e.g. Alliance internal conflict, war aftermaths, new Horde leadership, how does the average person on the horde desk with being a war criminal etc
    In addition to that, N'zoth was incredibly rushed. Dedicating a whole expansion to him would have made much more sense and would be more interesting at this point.

I am all up for Shadowlands in general, just not... right now.
    haha, I remember some content creators were so certain next expansion was gunna be the Dragon Isles.

NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The fact that it's all new is enough to make me feel some hype. That and I've played until roughly level 54 in beta and so far the story-telling has been top-notch imho, which only has enhanced my hype.

No cinematics on beta tho so I decided to wait for live to finish leveling so I don't spoil anything for myself.
    I did really enjoy Bastion honestly. I'm looking forward to doing the rest, so I'm excited. I'm not *totally* hyped though.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Also arent there an infinite number of realms? Why don’t they all just unite to destroy the jailer
    Obviously because of reasons.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2020-10-12 at 09:31 PM.

I have not been hyped for Lore in WOW since WOTLK ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Anyone else not hyped for shadowlands lore?
    I've never been hyped for lore. It's not like any of it actually matters to me in my gameplay, so I don't care. And when people whine about Blizzard pulling this or that thing out of their rear end to make it fit in with whatever, I always think "EVERYTHING is pulled out of their rear end, none of this is true or actually happened!"

3+ Year Old Account
    Other than the fact that Bwonsamdi will be in Ardenweald (which I hate, but it seems to be the only place that'll fit him), I'm not really interested in the lore tbh. But the fact that there are 'infinite realms' in the Shadowlands might mean they'll add other places but yeah
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Lore as in the background, the mysteries, and whatever has shaped the world I'm hyped for

The Story/Plot? Honestly, WoW's plot has been disappointing for a while and diminished in value more and more over time. Only what I noted above is what keeps me hooked to WoW's plot.

WoW is at its best when it is world building, not when it is following a character's story.

50/50. Haven't seen enough to be excited, or disappointed. Seen a few things that have me intrigued they might pursue/develop or not. If we don't get some real story focus on Arthas and Garrosh, and it instead we just have The Sylvanas and Jailer Show, it won't hold my attention long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always hyped for a new expansion. Especially a juicy lore expansion like this one.

i have negative hype curently .

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm optimistic and looking forward to Shadowlands. I'm not really sure I feel "hype" for video games anymore, I haven't felt that since my teens. I'm also not really the overly emotional sort to begin with.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I will be honest with you, I am more interested for 10.0. Now that Turalyon and Alleria rule Stormwind, you are guaranteed a lot of spicy stuff going on in the expansion after Shadowlands.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    haha, I remember some content creators were so certain next expansion was gunna be the Dragon Isles.

NOPE.
    a dragon isles expansion makes no sense,maybe as one zone

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm really excited about it!
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    While lore is a top 5 reason for why I play WoW, #1 and 2 is Raids an dungeons and there's quite a large gap between them and questlines/lore. As long as the raids/dungeons are good, I'll enjoy myself.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested if they plan to bring back more characters; we have too few currently. I want Anduin Lothar, Aiden Perenolde, Cairne Bloodhoof, Naisha, Califax, Kor'gall, Maraad, etc.
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-10-12 at 10:25 PM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.