Why is it called MMO-Champion?

It is only WoW content. Are they trying to suggest that WoW is the champion of MMO’s? If so that title belongs to SWTOR.
    An'u belore delen'na

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) Wrong forum.

B) Because in the early days, it had broader coverage than just WoW, but it gradually became just WoW. Surprised a 7-year member doesn't know that.

It's not just WoW. Other games occasionally make the front page. Also, as has been said, in the early days it did cover other MMO's more -- back when people thought other MMO's mattered. Also, there are still sub-forums here to discuss other MMO's/games.

oh he does know, he is just sad noone is playing SWTOR with him so he has to start a thread - in the hopes people engage with him LOL

It's called mmo- champion because WoW is the mmo- champion.
    Simple as that.

There is a guy on the MMORPG reddit that posts weekly news posts covering all mmo’s https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm..._week_41_2020/

If that is what you are looking for.

For me it was TSW as the wow Killer, but sadly they abandoned the game shortly after release and then re released it without Tab Target control options so I can't stand it anymore.

lol SWOTR? That game hasn't been shut down yet? "Champion of MMO's"??? OMEGALUL OMEGALUL OMEGALUL

Was expecting a Seinfeld routine. Sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    It is only WoW content. Are they trying to suggest that WoW is the champion of MMO’s? If so that title belongs to SWTOR.

That bolded part, and this is coming from somebody who actually plays SWtOR, is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Because WoW is, uh, what? A ducking MMO

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the site was made wow WAS the champion of mmo's
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Yeah... it is a bit silly. Would be in their interest to cover more mmo's and have a wider audience.

I don't know why you said the swtor thing, but the jokes being made are ignorant. SWTOR is pretty healthy atm. The dead game meme died long before it hit the 9th anniversary.
    Though arguably, it could use more content support. Great mmo though. My favorite one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the website was created over 10 years ago back during a time where people discussed WoW and other MMO's often.

This website is older than a lot of the users posting here nowadays. Try to think next time dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the only other mmo worth talking about currently would be ff14 maybe.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Well this is an original topic that hasn't been beaten to death already.

It's their website, they'll name it and present the content they want on it. Also, SWTOR... Lol'd.

The Dark Legacy comic used to pretend it wasn't only about WoW in its early days too.

Things change.