Poll: What BFA System do you consider to have been successful?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What BFA Systems do you consider to be a success?

As I'm sitting here, wishing pre-patch wasn't so soon, and I'm sure I'm in the minority in regards to that thought. I was reading other posts and trying to reflect on what, if anything, I actually enjoyed in BFA.

I didn't like the lore, the attack on Zandalar still makes zero sense to me. An attack on Orgrimmar would've made more sense considering we weren't around to defend it. I wasn't a fan of Azerite gear, even playing every day during launch you were weeks/months away from unlocking everything if you raided Mythic tier. Islands? Did anyone even do Islands outside of wanting to cap when you needed AP? The PvP honor system was a mess, forced grinding just to get that extra piece of loot. Class imbalances, Benthic Gear, warfronts. Nothing seemed to be any system I wished for them to continue doing. Corruption seemed to be a neat idea but implemented in a terrible fashion, allowing players to get grossly overpowered, only to remove them without any real reason.

Am I alone in this? What system do you like, dislike, love, hate, or wish they'd keep around permanently if any?
    Last edited by agentsi; 2020-10-12 at 10:36 PM.

Erm... allied races?

I did like the Kultiras and Jaina stories though.

I didnt hate warfronts myself.

The power grind stuff was mostly frustrating, yes.

Allied Races were the only thing of value gained from the whole expansion imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Erm... allied races?

I did like the Kultiras and Jaina stories though.

I didnt hate warfronts myself.

The power grind stuff was mostly frustrating, yes.
    Allied races were introduced in Legion as a system, so I didn't add them here. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Allied races were introduced in Legion as a system, so I didn't add them here. Sorry.
    Was basically the BFA pre-patch or slightly before, but it was an announced new feature for BFA.

Also, how come "Nothing" isn't an option? I can't even properly take the poll because it requires you to select an option.

I had fun with Horrific Visions. Warfronts were entertaining.

Azerite Traits, Azerite Essences, and Corruptions are all things I'll look forward to being done with.

Islands would be more fun if I could queue solo and farm them the way I wanted to. Having to make a group (premade or through groupfinder) made them less fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Allied races and visions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't look at that list and say any of that was done well. Even the stuff that I think was executed well gets buried under incredibly stupid cooldown periods and the everpresent lackluster gear systems.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Warfronts were OK.

The way they structured the cosmetic reward from them however, wasn't. I gave up after doing the Arathi warfront every time it was up across 20 characters and not getting the one item I was after. Not sure I'll ever go back unless they add the appearances to a vendor for currency. Screw the RNG on RNG on RNG.

Is even a single system introduced in BfA coming with us into SL...? Allied races will remain playable ofc but the system of unlocking them is going away. I wouldn't call several of the things on the list "systems unique to BfA" though.

I liked the pirate aesthetic of Kultiras/ Boralus/ Freehold at the start of the expac, race changed my main to Kultiran, so I liked the allied races.

Allied Races were ok. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    Was basically the BFA pre-patch or slightly before, but it was an announced new feature for BFA.

Also, how come "Nothing" isn't an option? I can't even properly take the poll because it requires you to select an option.
    If you decide on nothing, you simply don't vote. Not a complicated problem to figure out. I voted with, nothing, as well hence no vote. Which is what lead me to even look at this, to begin with.

Leveling was great, as it always is. Same with dungeon and raid encounters. Everything else missed the target.

I see Horrific Visions to be a success in the sense that hopefully they were a good beta system for whatever comes next, be it Torghast or in the future.

Islands, after their changes, were not horrible either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Islands would be more fun if I could queue solo and farm them the way I wanted to. Having to make a group (premade or through groupfinder) made them less fun.
    This, absolutely.

The zones were fine, even great I dare say. There's only so much you can do with zones whose primary purpose is leveling, and I was the least bored by BFA's zones out of all previous expansions. They're really getting the questing progression/experience down well.

Dungeons and raids were also mostly great. A few stinkers here and there (hi, Tol Dagor!) but every expansion has those. Otherwise some great dungeons and raids.

Sadly, basically ALL the other things on the list were TERRIBLE.

BFA power systems from Azerite to Essences to Corruption were predatory marketing schemes with hare-brained mechanics.

Class balance was all over the place, and too many classes just didn't feel fun to play.

Islands were an absolute clusterfuck. Warfronts were a non-starter that sank into total irrelevancy and absolutely horrible gameplay experiences.

Visions were great once, twice, even six times. Then you realized they were a bottomless well of grinding the same exact layout week after week countless times PER CHARACTER. The stuff of nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    If you decide on nothing, you simply don't vote. Not a complicated problem to figure out. I voted with, nothing, as well hence no vote. Which is what lead me to even look at this, to begin with.
    But then you have no idea how many people actually saw the poll and would have voted nothing, vs the other 7 billion people on the planet. It's alright, at least you tried. You should see if Blizz is hiring.

M+ chest was not a BFA only design, so I would suggest you add allied races or take the M+ chest out of the poll.

raid, mythic+, corruption, island expeditions

I found all of these fun

The best BFA feature is happening tomorrow, when it ends.