Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish we still had the same gear systems from TBC or WotLK (essentially no nonsense like artifacts, AP, corruptions, HUGE power spikes between tiers), and instead blizzard focused on story and overall content for the game.

Bring back resilience, hit, spell hit, spell power, attack power, and so on...

I loved tanking in the past but now hate it because dungeons are racing tracks.

This is gonna be such an unpopular opinion that I'm ready for the pitchforks flying in but... game needs more restrictions not less (race-class combo/transmog, things like that).

World PvP isn't worth saving, and any effort put into it is better put into the rest of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    This is gonna be such an unpopular opinion that I'm ready for the pitchforks flying in but... game needs more restrictions not less (race-class combo/transmog, things like that).
    I agree, but there's no going back, and a full on flexible system is certainly better than the inconsistency we have now.

Blizzard turning the Horde into genocidal warmongers twice, is Alliance bias

why else would they make the Alliance into damsels in distress + the heroes
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Horde's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

The relative quality of an expansion should be gauged by your personal engagement with its content instead of whatever some dumb fucking hivemind thinks you should think.

Example:

• I enjoyed WoD quite a bit because I had a blast raiding. In fact, because of this it's my favorite expansion. But I'm not allowed to have an opinion that WoD was a good expansion (for me) because the court of public opinion has decided that WoD is beyond reproach and I'm an idiot for having a positive recollection of the experience I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    If you dont want to put yourself in the position to be judged, you shouldnt expose your opinions on a message board where people discuss opinions.
    What's tiresome is that the defenders of MoP believe that detractors have their opinions because of borderline racist mindsets. Here's some things that sucked about MoP that have nothing to do with the Pandaren race itself:

1. The dungeons are completely forgettable.
    2. Absurdly long end of expansion drought.
    3. ToT is an overrated raid, with some mind numbingly unfun encounters.
    4. Locking storyline behind rep was a very bad move, one that Blizzard still seems to have not really figured out yet.
    5. The leveling itself was dreadful, perhaps the height of go-fetch quest design

MoP was a middle of the road xpac at best.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2020-10-13 at 04:23 PM.

WoW isn't a single-player game, & the game as a whole is countless times more enjoyable when played with other people (guildies/friends), regardless of the content.

Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    BfA was/is ok

Could've been worse I guess, like WoD

Also, we need less class restrictions

I'm a Girl by the way
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What's tiresome is that the defenders of MoP believe that detractors have their opinions because of borderline racist mindsets. Here's some things that sucked about MoP that have nothing to do with the Pandaren race itself:

1. The dungeons are completely forgettable.
    2. Absurdly long end of expansion drought.
    3. ToT is an overrated raid, with some mind numbingly unfun encounters.
    4. Locking storyline behind rep was a very bad move, one that Blizzard still seems to have not really figured out yet.
    5. The leveling itself was dreadful, perhaps the height of go-fetch quest design

MoP was a middle of the road xpac at best.
    The amount of cognitive dissonance in this post is impressive. You do realize that this thread is titled, "post your unpopular opinions," not "justify your opinion as fact," right?

Faction specific classes were awesome and flavorful

New races add zero excitement to the game

Alliance>Horde

Competitive game-modes are the worst things ever introduced into WoW.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Levelling should be removed.

Gear should not get better with harder content.
    Like an old platformer game!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. sub fee should be 19.99 a month. Give me more content!

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    lfr should be scrapped and replaced with a que-able tutorial raid that shows common mechanics, how to deal with them, and how to use the lfg tool.
    Amen. /10chars.

My most unpopular opinion?

I actually like class imbalance, and a sort of soft-rotation between speccs performing well/worse. Just a too long reign is boring.

Not sure if it counts as a unpopular opinion, but the conclusion is probably controversial.

The game suffers under the wrong decisions that Blizzard has made over the last 10-15 years, they can't go back because some of these corrosive elements are relatively popular within the community.
    Not to mention that you cannot turn back the clock on a single feature / element without realizing that things are interconnected somehow and thus the idea idea comes off as worse because it doesn't fit into the game as a whole anymore, meaning you'd have to change a lot more than just some isolated elements.

The game needs a soft reboot, it needs to figure out what it wants to be and for that it needs a clean slate in terms of design.
    Continuing to build upon these decisions just further amplifies their issues, not to mention that the rather two faced design (Heavy gameplay focus vs. RPG approach) also tears the game apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Using slang like "boomkin", "cookies" and "closet" makes you look really stupid.
    I agree. Especially because everyone knows the proper term is "laser chicken" and "flasher".
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

MOP was the best expansion.

Velves are actually pretty cool despite their rocky insertion into lore.

Allied race rep grinding gave a sense of accomplishment when you unlocked them finally.

Wod was a good expansion, and Legion was a bad one. I dont feel like defending these opinions with a wall of text you wont read, and wont change your mind anyway, but its true!

WoD was the best expansion in terms of design and scope. And the closest thing we ever had to an actual RPG expirience.

No expansion is perfect but MoP is the one that came the closest to it