Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Activision didn't kill the game, a vocal minority of fans who zealously defended the game because they sunk a lot of their lives into it and would have to admit that it was a mistake, did.

Unable to rationalize that they were doing more harm than good, these people perpetually drowned out criticisms on the forums and social media, and harassed people testing and giving feedback, are the main reason why the game lost the subscribers it did and why it's suffered such a huge decline.
    This is pure, unadulterated cynicism. WoW has been around for sixteen years. If you actually think that only the worst opinions were being listened to while the game has continued to sell record numbers of expansions and maintain its place securely as the most popular subscription based MMO, I really don't know what to tell you. This reads like somebody who's disappointed their opinions weren't listened to -- and well, I guess since you're the center of the universe that's an okay opinion to have -- but the reality is significantly less bleak than the picture you're trying to paint here.

Project Titan should have been a proper sequel to WoW with a graphics engine upgrade and serious systems overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    BfA wasn't bad and actually looks better than what lies ahead in SL.
    I'm honestly inclined to agree. Some things in BFA was bad, but overall, it was a pretty good expansion.. I'm excited for SL, but there's nothing really major that's appealing to me.

ONT: I prefer 130 levels to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Playing the game with the Music off is like watching a film without the soundtrack. It diminishes the intended user experience and should not be done. Thus many players aren't getting the beauty out of WoW, just the phat numbers.

I genuinely wonder how those folks would react if Blizz decided to just axe the music all together. Would they still proudly shout "lol I always play with it off who cares!" ?
    Honestly I stopped playing with music on either in Cata or MoP, I started listening to my own music. When I go back to Lich King territories I turn in back on for memberberries. No idea what anything sounds like since then, but yup, maybe I missed something, idk.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my opinion:

Open world content should be done once. You explore, find out where everything is, do all the quests, then you're done. None of this crap where you go back day after day to do the same thing in content that is expressly designed to not have any real difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Please don't jump within the bandwagon: there is a big difference between this. "I'm offended" culture wants to cut everything out because they feel offended by it: look at Garrosh and his Bitch-Slur. The boy of one of the programmers get offended by it, and daddy removes it from the game; that is cancel culture. Having a criticism is something completely different: i don't want existing WQs to be removed, but i don't want new one in upcoming expansions. They are in my eyes a mistake and i think dailies are better, so yes, i hope there are now new ones coming.
    I didn't really put it well. I didn't really mean the "I'm offended by everything" crowd like you're thinking. I meant more of the "I don't know much about the new lore because, surprise surprise, it hasn't been revealed yet, but I've already decided that it's crap, the writing is crap, the characters are crap, and I'm going to spread my negativity in every possible thread" crowd. Had a guy in another thread call the Jailer a "one dimensional pointless moustache twirling cartoon character" because we don't know anything about him yet.

Off-topic, already had someone else besides you reply to me, saying I had no right to have an opinion questioning other people's opinions.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Raiding is criminally unfun and I absolutely despise the fact that the game revolves around it
    This! I would even take it one step further and they should have a pvp only version so then we don't have to suffer because of pve play.

Jaina is a mess of a character, possibly due to "Too Many Cooks" over the years and the constant changing of their minds on what direction they want her to go. Also they randomly power her up or reward her with little reason supporting it.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Herald of the Titans
    WoW music went downhill after main composer Russel Brower left company after WoD.

Legion had couple good themes. BFA had like, i dont know, main theme and couple Voldun/Drustvar memorable pieces but thats it. I listened to Shadowlands 5+ hours of music and yet to find anything that will stand out.

WoW Music until Legion was monumental, heavy, epic, either made the blood boil or fill with sorrow, or conduit the dramatic tone. There were a lot of horns and drums, a lot of harps and flutes, alot of chorus, alot of dramatic elements.

At some point most of this was watered down and turned into pretty generic fantasy and ambient sounds.

I am not against some new ideas, but as long as they are good. There is difference between Times Changes, Chieftains Gather and Invincible. All three are great. All three are different. New music is different but cant rival the past works.

P.S. The same i can tell about Blizzard Cinematic Department. After the director Nick Carpenter left the company after WoD, we got Legion, BFA and SL cinematics. All of them lacked the finesse of Carpenter's direction. WoD trailer had that very cinematic, realistic and gritty look. Every shot was perfectly directed. Perfect pacing. No wasted lines. Focus on the story/characters/action. All cinematic (not only WoW ones) after it started to look way too shiny, too refined and lacking of depth.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-10-14 at 09:29 PM.

WoW's animation team are being horrendously lazy by not updating PC weapon animations, despite giving NPC's more polished stances and poses. Case in point, we carry 2H weapons in one hand while we run.

The game is well over a decade old, yet we are still jogging around Azeroth with ancient, wonky animations.

Subscription as an option rather than pre-requisite, basically a premium account.

They should had grown a pair of balls and took on RMT much, much sooner and with more than tokens.

Flying mounts was an irreversible mistake they'll never be able to properly rework because the masses are too used to it/unwilling to change.
    They should had put more thought into it when introducing them in terms of mechanics (flying combat and so on)

Factions have been a laughing stock for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    WoW music went downhill after main composer Russel Brower left company after WoD.

Legion had couple good themes. BFA had like, i dont know, main theme and couple Voldun/Drustvar memorable pieces but thats it. I listened to Shadowlands 5+ hours of music and yet to find anything that will stand out.

WoW Music until Legion was monumental, heavy, epic, either made the blood boil or fill with sorrow, or conduit the dramatic tone. There were a lot of horns and drums, a lot of harps and flutes, alot of chorus, alot of dramatic elements.

At some point most of this was watered down and turned into pretty generic fantasy and ambient sounds.

I am not against some new ideas, but as long as they are good. There is difference between Times Changes, Chieftains Gather and Invincible. All three are great. All three are different. New music is different but cant rival the past works.

P.S. The same i can tell about Blizzard Cinematic Department. After the director Nick Carpenter left the company after WoD, we got Legion, BFA and SL cinematics. All of them lacked the finesse of Carpenter's direction. WoD trailer had that very cinematic, realistic and gritty look. Every shot was perfectly directed. Perfect pacing. No wasted lines. Focus on the story/characters/action. All cinematic (not only WoW ones) after it started to look way too shiny, too refined and lacking of depth.

This is well said. While WoW music isn't bad (it's still pretty good!), the tracks from the last few expansions definitely don't feel as memorable to me.

Gillgoblin should have been instead of vulpera.
    (At least they would match the "ugliness" of mechagnomes(?))

i don't care about elves. think they are overrated.

Female dwarves should have the option to have beards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Not gonna happen because Blizzard is gonna say "it's to hard to make a female model". Because they're terrified of creating females who are not cutesexy and disappointing the wanker segment of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    This is well said. While WoW music isn't bad (it's still pretty good!), the tracks from the last few expansions definitely don't feel as memorable to me.
    I've loved many parts of the Kul Tiras tracks. Zandalar, less so. Are you two Horde mains, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think that this is something that should happen. The point where anyone actually cares about race/class comboes "not making sense" is so far in the distant past that it makes less sense to keep the restrictions.
    Hi, it's currently 10/14/20 and I'm someone that cares about keeping race/combos restrictions.

Death Knight gains Flesh (caster) specialization creating armies of the undead. Change Frost to Ice and make Unholy more about DoTs.

Demon Hunter gains Fel (healer) specialization becoming a healer through painting enemies with your own blood restoring health of who attacks it. They also gain Unleash (caster) becoming a caster utilizing beams and blades.

Druid gains Lifewarden (caster) specialization becoming a minion master planting stationary plants based on Freya in Ulduar.

Hunter gains Frenzy (tank) specialization coating enemies with their scents enraging their beast pet allowing the pet to withstand damage, but if the beast takes lethal damage it leaps to the hunter and delivers a harsh bleed lasting forever or until out of combat.

Mage gains Heat (healer) specialization augmenting allies to heal through actions of their own from movement to attacks.

Monk gains Speaker or Mantra (caster) allowing the Monk to cast a spell then augment with instant spells during spell casts to change the spell.

Paladin gains the long awaited Exorcism (caster) bringing back Exorcism and other casted spells.

Priest gains Inspiration (tank) allowing the Priest to keep inspiration levels of allies high to ignore damage taken allowing the Priest to turn any character into a tank.

Rogue gains Weaken (tank) that weakens targets with poison to reduce damage done to the Rogue. Change Outlaw to ranged wielding a rifle, bow, or crossbow.

Shaman gains Earthen (tank) bringing back Stoneclaw Totem to pair with the Shaman sharing damage taken and healing taken. The Shaman can augment the totem to take increased healing taken or damage taken.

Warlock gains Possession (tank) to possess a Voidwalker and the spirit of the warlock to follow closely behind. When the Voidwalker dies the spirit reenters the world of the living with nearly no life.

Warrior gains Motivation (healer) to utilize shouts to augment allies to shrug off damage.

Change Shadowlands Covenant concept to having a Covenant conduit tree and a Soulbind conduit tree. Covenants are unlocked through quest chain and are account-wide. Soulbind conduits are unlocked from leveling. Both trees are freely changed at any rested area.

1) Game should be easier
    2) More casual-friendly
    3) More solo-friendly

Not whole game. I don't ask to take Mythic+ or Mythic raids away from hardcores. But some part of game should be guaranteed to be easy/casual/solo. Like outdoor for example, as it was back in old days, when this game had 12M subs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    The SL Enhancement Shaman is a massive downgrade, it feels clunky and dated. Hell, even the Stormbringer visual was reverted to a more dated one which is ridiculous. As of right now, I don't feel like touching this spec at all, will probably abandon it until some drastic changes happen.

Edit: Actually, this entire "unpruning" feels like a step back. Instead of trying out something new like they did in previous expansions, they now bring old mechanics back for the sake of nostalgia or whatever.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-10-15 at 04:08 AM.

- Blizz's cash shop is really not a big deal. While the new store mounts are a bit annoying and I'm not thrilled that they are expanding out to things like toys, it's still a ton better than FFXIV's shop where things like character dances, holiday event items, and outfits are on sale.

- Borrowed Power is made out to be a lot worse than it is by streamers and the like. Blizz has constantly added and taken away abilities as it so desires with each expansion, borrowed power is really no different than that. It's just more pronounced as it's in a more visible area and we have to grind to max it out, so it feels more impactful to lose it.

- Factions have outlived their usefulness and need to go away. As Taran Zhu says "This conflict is little more than a race-war." (Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Seeking_Zin%27jun#Notes).

- While there are plenty of reasons why this should not happen, it would not be the worst thing in the world for Blizz to take out a couple of professions that they really seem to have no clue how to handle. Archaeology seems to have mostly died off these days. Jewelcrafting is basically useless at this point, given how gem slots are set up these days. Inscription seems like something they also struggle with, though that is in a better state than the other two.

- Race/Class restrictions really shouldn't be necessary these days, save maybe for Demon Hunters. It would require more work up front to make customized Druid forms and Shaman totems for each race, but there's no real good reason I can see to keep that barrier in place for any non-Demon Hunter class.

- Shadowlands will almost certainly experience quest flow problems on the first day it is out. Splitting people off to multiple zones as they did in Legion & BfA helped to stem the flow of traffic. As SL is guiding everyone on the same starting path and doesn't have a new race/class for people to try out on launch day, those starting zones are going to be incredibly congested.

- AU Draenor would have been the perfect setting for Warcraft 4 to take place and could have been a great way to expand the universe of Warcraft. Throwing that possibility away simply for the Mag'har Orc unlock quest line was a mistake Blizz will never realize they made.

Borrowed power is fine but the implementation is bad.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    1) Game should be easier
    2) More casual-friendly
    3) More solo-friendly

Not whole game. I don't ask to take Mythic+ or Mythic raids away from hardcores. But some part of game should be guaranteed to be easy/casual/solo. Like outdoor for example, as it was back in old days, when this game had 12M subs.
    Is outdoors not casual-friendly as it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wellnesspitch View Post
    SPAM
    Take your spam somewhere else Pradeep, your wife shakes her head in disbelief of you trying to make a living spamming MMO-C with advertisements all day instead of getting a real job like a real man would, I honestly am at a loss how you can treat Kavitha like this!