Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Make the game more like Diablo. More fluid combat, faster pace, easier travel, etc. I like Warcraft for it's world, story, characters, and visuals. The old-school RPG elements have always been dull to me, not into it at all.

Also, make the actual travel during flight paths "symbolic" like with the boats and zeppelins. Show a quick "travel path" animation on a map when using a flight point, don't make the player wait around for the flight to end. At least for me, it's not "immersive", just dull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding. Get rid of mythic plus, get rid of any world quests, or "borrowed powers", hell get rid of raid difficulty levels, and any and all catch up gear. And then watch as the only people who play the game are raiders, just to see if the game can be sustained by them alone. Then everyone else can play single player games and enjoy them while WoW either succeeds or crumbles on their hardcore players' shoulders.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding. Get rid of mythic plus, get rid of any world quests, or "borrowed powers", hell get rid of raid difficulty levels, and any and all catch up gear. And then watch as the only people who play the game are raiders, just to see if the game can be sustained by them alone. Then everyone else can play single player games and enjoy them while WoW either succeeds or crumbles on their hardcore players' shoulders.
    I want this poster to have 2 slices of pie tonight!! That is a great "unpopular" opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding.
    Too bad that TBC offered more than just raiding.

Professions offered alternative Progression, as did Badges and Heroic dungeons.
    Not to mention that PvP also offered rewards that stood up to raid items.

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just false.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is a fun character
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    - I'd like night elves paladins
    They'd actually make sense. Lorewise, Night Elf priestesses are closer to paladins than priests anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Also, if a hulking muscular Orc can be a rogue, then Taurens can be rogues too.
    Lore defense is *udder* nonsense.... ok sorry for the bad pun, but still.
    Blizzard's reasoning is that races with hooves (Draenei, Tauren) aren't good at sneaking around. This still doesn't stop Satyrs from doing it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    A few others of mine:

- Druids should have remained exclusive to Night Elves and Tauren. Too many Druid races are available now, and it muddles what made Druid lore interesting and unique in the first place.
    Druids should've remained exclusive to Night Elves. Back when the Cenarion Circle was founded, not even Night Elf women were allowed in. Now, every moron that can grow a pumpkin gets a membership.

That being said, I hate how the Cenarion Circle remained completely neutral in BFA. Malfurion should've made it an Alliance only faction and kick all Horde races out.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Make the game more like Diablo. More fluid combat, faster pace, easier travel, etc. I like Warcraft for it's world, story, characters, and visuals. The old-school RPG elements have always been dull to me, not into it at all.

Also, make the actual travel during flight paths "symbolic" like with the boats and zeppelins. Show a quick "travel path" animation on a map when using a flight point, don't make the player wait around for the flight to end. At least for me, it's not "immersive", just dull.
    What about just playing actual Diablo? ������

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    High Elves should have left the Alliance after Jaina's hissy fit and gone back to Silvermoon. And Void Elves should be retconned from existence.
    The High Elves were aiding Jaina when she had her hissy fit.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breath of Sindragosa for Frost DKs promotes degenerate gameplay, eclipses other possible builds, time has proven it to be impossible to balance (either it dominates or it sucks) and it can fuck up your rotation by elements beyond your control (lag, boss movement by the tank, adds needing to be killed, emergencies, etc.).

It needs to be removed to promote and build talent diversity and combination.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Some of mine:

- I really dislike steampunk (flying machines, choppers, gnome/goblin inventions) and "science" fantasy (space ships and whatever). I prefer high and- medieval fantasy.

- Richard A Knaak is a terrible writer and I'll never forgive him for butchering the War of the Ancients novels.

- Female guards don't make any sense except for a few races (Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren). Most races should have an exclusively male guard. There ain't no way a female human has any chance against a Tauren, Orc, Demon or Zombie unless she's a magic user. (yes our player characters are the exception)

- Jaina got better after the destruction of Theramore.

- The new customization options were a good start, but they're still very lacking.

my 2nd unpopular opinion (from what i've seen). blizz should revert every spec to when it had it's highest player count (so like mop/wod hunter, wrath warr, wrath/tbc spriest, etc) and not change specs anymore. instead, they should add new talent columns and new specs. this keeps the play styles people liked more, encourages playing alts to try new gameplay styles, and allows blizz to expand on good specs instead of screw up again and again with bad specs.

The main questlines are my favorite part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    my 2nd unpopular opinion (from what i've seen). blizz should revert every spec to when it had it's highest player count (so like mop/wod hunter, wrath warr, wrath/tbc spriest, etc) and not change specs anymore. instead, they should add new talent columns and new specs. this keeps the play styles people liked more, encourages playing alts to try new gameplay styles, and allows blizz to expand on good specs instead of screw up again and again with bad specs.
    Not a great idea, honestly. High population numbers don't really indicate the state of a given spec or class. DKs were insanely popular at launch, not because their specs were expertly designed (they were pretty faceroll tbh), but because they were new and broken. Rogues were extremely high population in Vanilla/BC because they were very strong/broken in PvP, but the vanilla and BC iterations of rogue specs were definitely not the ideal versions. Most people point to MoP as being an ideal state for hunters, but their population was probably the highest in Vanilla, not because of well designed specs, but because they were the easy thing to level.

Shamans were probably at their highest in BC, but I can't imagine enhancement players want to go back to their rotation being "keep flame shock up and stormstrike/earth shock on CD" while auto-attacking 95% of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    What about just playing actual Diablo? ������
    I do. But I still prefer WoW for the world, story, characters, visuals, and wealth of content. I just want more Diablo-esque (action-RPG) gameplay, less old-school RPG borefest.

1) WoD dungeon and raid content was good, there just wasn't enough of it.

2) Cataclysm Discipline Priest was the best implementation of Attonement.

3) Shadowlands Brewmaster is the best implementation being a mix between the Brew cooldown style and the Guard style of MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Too bad that TBC offered more than just raiding.

Professions offered alternative Progression, as did Badges and Heroic dungeons.
    Not to mention that PvP also offered rewards that stood up to raid items.

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just false.
    I was talking about the lack of difficulty modes when I referred to TBC, since Wrath of the Lich King introduced 10 man versions of the 25 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not a great idea, honestly. High population numbers don't really indicate the state of a given spec or class. DKs were insanely popular at launch, not because their specs were expertly designed (they were pretty faceroll tbh), but because they were new and broken. Rogues were extremely high population in Vanilla/BC because they were very strong/broken in PvP, but the vanilla and BC iterations of rogue specs were definitely not the ideal versions. Most people point to MoP as being an ideal state for hunters, but their population was probably the highest in Vanilla, not because of well designed specs, but because they were the easy thing to level.

Shamans were probably at their highest in BC, but I can't imagine enhancement players want to go back to their rotation being "keep flame shock up and stormstrike/earth shock on CD" while auto-attacking 95% of a fight.
    that data could be contrasted against drop offs following nerfs. there are ways of determining what was considered the best version of a spec while ruling out power as a factor.

Runescape had better quests in 2005 than WoW has in 2020. I still remember RS quests I did 15 years ago, but the only WoW quests I remember are stuff like picking up boar shit in Outlands. RS also had better comedic writing than WoW has ever managed.

i dont think that there should be catch up mechanics or alt friendlyness
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-10-23 at 02:43 AM.

The original mage armor icon was better.