Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well to be fair it didn't *just* have less raiding than a typical expansion, it had less everything as it had one less major patch than usual.

    People don't say WoD was raid centric because it had more raiding content than usual, they say it because there was not much to do in the game that actually meaningfully rewarded or progressed your character outside of raids, apart from cosmetic stuff and the legendary ring questline. Also because it removed other max-level progression paths such as dailies, scenarios, valor points, etc, that just weren't replaced properly in the xpac.

    Personally I do think WoD was a great expansion for raiders. Despite having less raiding content than usual, the raids that it did include were all great, and some of the best raids the game has had to this date. BRF still holds the title of best overall raid as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention that raiders were able to pretty much just log for raids with very little downtime or preparation time needed in between weekly resets.
    Were you a raider in WoD? Because I get the sense that most who say that didn’t actually raid. Yes BRF was great but there just wasn’t enough content.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Being autistic I have lots of unpopular opinions:

    BFA was the best expansion.

    Talents, race, gender, professions and spec should be permanent choices since it takes 2 days to level a new character anyway.

    Myrhic+ shouldn't have a timer.

    Minmaxing is not the most important aspect of mythic raiding.

    Ions vision for the game is so next level most people don't even understand why its the best solution for the game in the long term.

    World of Warcraft isnt fit to being a part of esports or even a competetive game.

    They should undo all the race/class combinations from Cataclysm onwards.

    Its impossible to get tired of Mulgore, Northern and Southern Barrens and Feralas.

    Zul Farrak is the best dungeon in the game.

    Balancing the classes too much is bad for the game.

    You shouldn't be optimal for all types of content at the same time.

    Most people play the game the wrong way. (Focus on ego and numbers instead of teamwork and strategy)

    Vanilla professions shouldn't require 300 skill to max out.

    Community perception of what is meta is most often wrong.

    Borrowed Power is the best approach to new expansions.

    Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

    Addons including damage meters shouldn't work in the game.

    There should be more weight behind choice of race. Like Taurens should have more stamina, Gnomes more int, Orcs more strengtg, night elves more agility etc and it should scale with gear.
    Autistic but smarter and make more sense than 90% of the usual posts on the internet.
    Races used to get exclusive stats and I think they still do but it's negligeable on higher levels.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Were you a raider in WoD? Because I get the sense that most who say that didn’t actually raid. Yes BRF was great but there just wasn’t enough content.
    Yet it wasn't the expansion with the least amount of raid content. That was Cataclysm. It's just the content in cataclysm was spread more out.

  4. #444
    Stood in the Fire Seasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Perú
    Posts
    447
    BFA is a good expansion.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Were you a raider in WoD? Because I get the sense that most who say that didn’t actually raid. Yes BRF was great but there just wasn’t enough content.
    Yeap, WoD was the most active I have been in WoW apart from WotLK, actually.

    As I've said though, I'm not denying there was a lack of content, I'm just saying if you ignore the content droughts the content distribution itself and the reward system was very raid-centric and highly reward raiders. It was pretty good for raiders, and especially for those that mostly only care about raiding a couple times a week without having to spend hours each week grinding stuff in order to optimize their chances.

  6. #446
    My unpopular opinion is that Demon Hunter was perfectly fine the way it was. It never lead any of the leader boards and wasn't a "requirement" for high level keys. Scrubs just got mad that someone beat them in their queable content and screamed for Nerfs because they didn't know to how to stun and kick stuff to beat a DH.

    DH should have been the model for all DPS classes......4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  7. #447
    BFA is trash, and made me quit the game.

    Wait...that's a very popular opinion.

  8. #448
    Mythic raids and other high difficulty grouped content should reward the best gear attainable.

    An unpopular opinion among the casuals on MMOC.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yet it wasn't the expansion with the least amount of raid content. That was Cataclysm. It's just the content in cataclysm was spread more out.
    Depends on how you measure content. Sure, by number of bosses, WoD had 30 and Cataclysm had 28, but Cataclysm had more "big" bosses with Ragnaros, Deathwing, Al'Akir, Nefarian, Synestra, and Cho'Gall. I'd say that Cataclysm actually had more because the big bosses are much more time consuming than the extra speedbumps early in the tier. WoD had Abrogator, Blackhand, and Archimonde.

    And yes, as you mentioned it was also about spacing. Wod released 7 bosses, then 2 months later 10 bosses that invalidated the previous 7, then 4.5 months later released the final tier, which twisted in the wind for like 15 months. I remember arguing at the time that a big part of their problem could have been solved if they released 4 7-8 boss tiers, each with a big end boss, than using up 17 bosses in 6.5 months then stretching HFC on forever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Yeap, WoD was the most active I have been in WoW apart from WotLK, actually.

    As I've said though, I'm not denying there was a lack of content, I'm just saying if you ignore the content droughts the content distribution itself and the reward system was very raid-centric and highly reward raiders. It was pretty good for raiders, and especially for those that mostly only care about raiding a couple times a week without having to spend hours each week grinding stuff in order to optimize their chances.
    Agreed on that front, but I argue with the people who say that they already tried a raiding centric design in WoD and it failed... I disagree, because I think in WoD they tried a contentless design centered around the soulless garrison, and that's why it failed.

  10. #450

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Depends on how you measure content. Sure, by number of bosses, WoD had 30 and Cataclysm had 28, but Cataclysm had more "big" bosses with Ragnaros, Deathwing, Al'Akir, Nefarian, Synestra, and Cho'Gall. I'd say that Cataclysm actually had more because the big bosses are much more time consuming than the extra speedbumps early in the tier. WoD had Abrogator, Blackhand, and Archimonde.

    And yes, as you mentioned it was also about spacing. Wod released 7 bosses, then 2 months later 10 bosses that invalidated the previous 7, then 4.5 months later released the final tier, which twisted in the wind for like 15 months. I remember arguing at the time that a big part of their problem could have been solved if they released 4 7-8 boss tiers, each with a big end boss, than using up 17 bosses in 6.5 months then stretching HFC on forever.
    Oh I certainly don't disagree. IMO HFC would have made 2 good raids. First being the lower raid going upto and including Gorefiend, with a Grommash fight afterwards. Making it an even 7. Then few months later have the upper half just situated in a different area.

  12. #452
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    My unpopular opinion is that Demon Hunter was perfectly fine the way it was. It never lead any of the leader boards and wasn't a "requirement" for high level keys. Scrubs just got mad that someone beat them in their queable content and screamed for Nerfs because they didn't know to how to stun and kick stuff to beat a DH.

    DH should have been the model for all DPS classes......4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content.
    >DH should have been the model for all DPS classes
    >4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content

    How much more boring do you want the class gameplay to be? Most specs are already hurting for interesting rotations to a pathetic degree.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Oh I certainly don't disagree. IMO HFC would have made 2 good raids. First being the lower raid going upto and including Gorefiend, with a Grommash fight afterwards. Making it an even 7. Then few months later have the upper half just situated in a different area.
    As someone who pugged most of that tier, most pugs disbanded at Gorefiend anyway. No one wanted to do the gimmicky pug-killing bosses like Socrethar or the guy with the ball. Pugs disbanded at Gorefiend, or at best convinced everyone to stay for one of the gimmick bosses, then after the gimmick boss died everyone just left because they were there for that one trinket or whatever, and the raids reconvened at Mannoroth.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Blood Elves are trash. Tauren Master Race.
    That’s not an unpopular opinion.

  15. #455
    Stood in the Fire EntertainmentNihilist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, America
    Posts
    490
    Make the game more like Diablo. More fluid combat, faster pace, easier travel, etc. I like Warcraft for it's world, story, characters, and visuals. The old-school RPG elements have always been dull to me, not into it at all.

    Also, make the actual travel during flight paths "symbolic" like with the boats and zeppelins. Show a quick "travel path" animation on a map when using a flight point, don't make the player wait around for the flight to end. At least for me, it's not "immersive", just dull.

  16. #456
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,486
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding. Get rid of mythic plus, get rid of any world quests, or "borrowed powers", hell get rid of raid difficulty levels, and any and all catch up gear. And then watch as the only people who play the game are raiders, just to see if the game can be sustained by them alone. Then everyone else can play single player games and enjoy them while WoW either succeeds or crumbles on their hardcore players' shoulders.

  17. #457
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding. Get rid of mythic plus, get rid of any world quests, or "borrowed powers", hell get rid of raid difficulty levels, and any and all catch up gear. And then watch as the only people who play the game are raiders, just to see if the game can be sustained by them alone. Then everyone else can play single player games and enjoy them while WoW either succeeds or crumbles on their hardcore players' shoulders.
    I want this poster to have 2 slices of pie tonight!! That is a great "unpopular" opinion!

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Blizzard should just go back to the WoD/TBC model just so people can get their fix of raiding.
    Too bad that TBC offered more than just raiding.

    Professions offered alternative Progression, as did Badges and Heroic dungeons.
    Not to mention that PvP also offered rewards that stood up to raid items.

    It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just false.

  19. #459
    Queen of Cake Splenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your coffee.
    Posts
    15,067
    Sylvanas is a fun character
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    - I'd like night elves paladins
    They'd actually make sense. Lorewise, Night Elf priestesses are closer to paladins than priests anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Also, if a hulking muscular Orc can be a rogue, then Taurens can be rogues too.
    Lore defense is *udder* nonsense.... ok sorry for the bad pun, but still.
    Blizzard's reasoning is that races with hooves (Draenei, Tauren) aren't good at sneaking around. This still doesn't stop Satyrs from doing it, though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    A few others of mine:

    - Druids should have remained exclusive to Night Elves and Tauren. Too many Druid races are available now, and it muddles what made Druid lore interesting and unique in the first place.
    Druids should've remained exclusive to Night Elves. Back when the Cenarion Circle was founded, not even Night Elf women were allowed in. Now, every moron that can grow a pumpkin gets a membership.

    That being said, I hate how the Cenarion Circle remained completely neutral in BFA. Malfurion should've made it an Alliance only faction and kick all Horde races out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •