Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Make the game more like Diablo. More fluid combat, faster pace, easier travel, etc. I like Warcraft for it's world, story, characters, and visuals. The old-school RPG elements have always been dull to me, not into it at all.

Also, make the actual travel during flight paths "symbolic" like with the boats and zeppelins. Show a quick "travel path" animation on a map when using a flight point, don't make the player wait around for the flight to end. At least for me, it's not "immersive", just dull.
    What about just playing actual Diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    High Elves should have left the Alliance after Jaina's hissy fit and gone back to Silvermoon. And Void Elves should be retconned from existence.
    The High Elves were aiding Jaina when she had her hissy fit.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    Breath of Sindragosa for Frost DKs promotes degenerate gameplay, eclipses other possible builds, time has proven it to be impossible to balance (either it dominates or it sucks) and it can fuck up your rotation by elements beyond your control (lag, boss movement by the tank, adds needing to be killed, emergencies, etc.).

It needs to be removed to promote and build talent diversity and combination.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Some of mine:

- I really dislike steampunk (flying machines, choppers, gnome/goblin inventions) and "science" fantasy (space ships and whatever). I prefer high and- medieval fantasy.

- Richard A Knaak is a terrible writer and I'll never forgive him for butchering the War of the Ancients novels.

- Female guards don't make any sense except for a few races (Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren). Most races should have an exclusively male guard. There ain't no way a female human has any chance against a Tauren, Orc, Demon or Zombie unless she's a magic user. (yes our player characters are the exception)

- Jaina got better after the destruction of Theramore.

- The new customization options were a good start, but they're still very lacking.

my 2nd unpopular opinion (from what i've seen). blizz should revert every spec to when it had it's highest player count (so like mop/wod hunter, wrath warr, wrath/tbc spriest, etc) and not change specs anymore. instead, they should add new talent columns and new specs. this keeps the play styles people liked more, encourages playing alts to try new gameplay styles, and allows blizz to expand on good specs instead of screw up again and again with bad specs.

i dont like the new leveling system in Shadowlands.

The main questlines are my favorite part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    my 2nd unpopular opinion (from what i've seen). blizz should revert every spec to when it had it's highest player count (so like mop/wod hunter, wrath warr, wrath/tbc spriest, etc) and not change specs anymore. instead, they should add new talent columns and new specs. this keeps the play styles people liked more, encourages playing alts to try new gameplay styles, and allows blizz to expand on good specs instead of screw up again and again with bad specs.
    Not a great idea, honestly. High population numbers don't really indicate the state of a given spec or class. DKs were insanely popular at launch, not because their specs were expertly designed (they were pretty faceroll tbh), but because they were new and broken. Rogues were extremely high population in Vanilla/BC because they were very strong/broken in PvP, but the vanilla and BC iterations of rogue specs were definitely not the ideal versions. Most people point to MoP as being an ideal state for hunters, but their population was probably the highest in Vanilla, not because of well designed specs, but because they were the easy thing to level.

Shamans were probably at their highest in BC, but I can't imagine enhancement players want to go back to their rotation being "keep flame shock up and stormstrike/earth shock on CD" while auto-attacking 95% of a fight.

Stood in the Fire EntertainmentNihilist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    What about just playing actual Diablo? ������
    I do. But I still prefer WoW for the world, story, characters, visuals, and wealth of content. I just want more Diablo-esque (action-RPG) gameplay, less old-school RPG borefest.

1) WoD dungeon and raid content was good, there just wasn't enough of it.

2) Cataclysm Discipline Priest was the best implementation of Attonement.

3) Shadowlands Brewmaster is the best implementation being a mix between the Brew cooldown style and the Guard style of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Too bad that TBC offered more than just raiding.

Professions offered alternative Progression, as did Badges and Heroic dungeons.
    Not to mention that PvP also offered rewards that stood up to raid items.

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just false.
    I was talking about the lack of difficulty modes when I referred to TBC, since Wrath of the Lich King introduced 10 man versions of the 25 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not a great idea, honestly. High population numbers don't really indicate the state of a given spec or class. DKs were insanely popular at launch, not because their specs were expertly designed (they were pretty faceroll tbh), but because they were new and broken. Rogues were extremely high population in Vanilla/BC because they were very strong/broken in PvP, but the vanilla and BC iterations of rogue specs were definitely not the ideal versions. Most people point to MoP as being an ideal state for hunters, but their population was probably the highest in Vanilla, not because of well designed specs, but because they were the easy thing to level.

Shamans were probably at their highest in BC, but I can't imagine enhancement players want to go back to their rotation being "keep flame shock up and stormstrike/earth shock on CD" while auto-attacking 95% of a fight.
    that data could be contrasted against drop offs following nerfs. there are ways of determining what was considered the best version of a spec while ruling out power as a factor.

Runescape had better quests in 2005 than WoW has in 2020. I still remember RS quests I did 15 years ago, but the only WoW quests I remember are stuff like picking up boar shit in Outlands. RS also had better comedic writing than WoW has ever managed.

i dont think that there should be catch up mechanics or alt friendlyness
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-10-23 at 02:43 AM.

The original mage armor icon was better.

hmm guess ill give this a try.

Professions should take some serious effort to skill up and recipes should be raredrop from raids/dungs/outdoors similar to how mounts are nowdays. This way the ppl that really put effort into professions will find themselves with alot less competitors when it comes to crafting for profit.

Crafting should have an element of randomness to them, Crafting should be a risk! Inspired by crafting in path of exile. The brave players who dare spend big currencies can craft some absolutely godly items in that game.

WOTLK was an expansion with very little to do both outside of raids and (thanks to limited attempts mechanics) inside of raids for a highend raider.

The name restrictions in wow is boring. If i want to make a rogue named Dickstabbingyouranus_99 or a Tauren warrior named Shiteatingvegan2020 i should be able to. We play the game to have fun afterall, so why the excessive restrictions? Are we in the catholic church? Hell, i even know of a guy who had the nickname Retarde but had to change it because... no fucking clue. Some1 spotted fun and decided to nerf it i guess.

Also lets throw in a popular opinion to balance it out.
    Why the fuck don't we have player housing yet after players having asked for it for 15 fucking years?
    Honestly, blizzard are the biggest fools in the world for not having implemented it already. They have thousands upon thousands of objects in the game already so the art is already there, all they need to do is give players an editor tool and a fucking personal space and its done. easiest fucking money ever.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    that data could be contrasted against drop offs following nerfs. there are ways of determining what was considered the best version of a spec while ruling out power as a factor.
    There is rarely an immediate and sharp drop off, so you can't really use that as a marker for who was playing for what reason, especially when the spec also presumably changed in general, so you have no idea if the drop off in population is due to people no longer liking the spec/class or just no longer being OP. Additionally ignoring the highest popularity sections because they drop off after will leave you with a bunch of vague mid range population numbers.

I think you are also just vastly underestimating the sheer number of factors involved in class populations. How are you going to look at X expansion where a class is 9% of the playerbase and claim that version is better than Y expansion where a class had 8% population numbers, when not only do you have design changes and power changes, but also different tier sets that influence what people want to play, or new classes that steal players from a given class, or other classes whose Y version is more interesting and so draws players from that class. You could have a change that 80% of a class agrees is the best change ever, but if the other 20% decide to go and play some other class, and there are other more interesting class changes elsewhere, that class' numbers may plummet.

Population just has very little to do with how well designed a class is, and there's no reliable way to determine what population is playing something because of the design elements. Your own examples sort of prove this is the case: Hunter wasn't at its most popular in MoP/WoD, it was at its most popular during Vanilla, despite being numerically weak (i.e. not going to see any nerfs suggesting it was a power thing) because it was boosted by the context surrounding it. Warrior's population in Wrath is the same as it is right now, and was in Legion; in fact the population fell during Wrath (I assume because people flocked over to DK and other more interesting classes). Shadow has been very high population at the end of the past two expansions due to scaling, but 70% of the class didn't like Voidform.

It just isn't a good method of determining what good spec/class design is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Raidlogging died with Legion and has been dead since.
    No it did not You could perfectly do raidlogging in Legion after initial big boom after each patch so a month or so after each patch release. Well, start of legion was rough because of SO MUCH to do. But during NH and onwards you could raid log. Source: did it at cutting edge level and we were in top 800 guild. Managed to parse orange quite easy too.
    BfA is way easier to raid log. I did m+ all the time on my tank alt and raided on my mage who only did raiding and few high m+ when I felt like it. Didn't even get all +10s done in S1 on the mage

Wrath did more bad things for the game than good.

Dragon Soul wasn't inherently a bad raid, people just associate it with the long lull in content between 4.3 and 5.0.

Mythic+ is the worst addition to the game. Ever. (Okay maybe second to Warforging but everyone hated that anyway)

Flame on, boys.

I do prefer lvling throu dungeons like wotlk grind.