Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Add Mercenary mode in PVE so that people can stop wanting to merge the factions once and for all.

Makes absolutely no sense to merge them since the game is entirely built on that premise.

Being autistic I have lots of unpopular opinions:

BFA was the best expansion.

Talents, race, gender, professions and spec should be permanent choices since it takes 2 days to level a new character anyway.

Myrhic+ shouldn't have a timer.

Minmaxing is not the most important aspect of mythic raiding.

Ions vision for the game is so next level most people don't even understand why its the best solution for the game in the long term.

World of Warcraft isnt fit to being a part of esports or even a competetive game.

They should undo all the race/class combinations from Cataclysm onwards.

Its impossible to get tired of Mulgore, Northern and Southern Barrens and Feralas.

Zul Farrak is the best dungeon in the game.

Balancing the classes too much is bad for the game.

You shouldn't be optimal for all types of content at the same time.

Most people play the game the wrong way. (Focus on ego and numbers instead of teamwork and strategy)

Vanilla professions shouldn't require 300 skill to max out.

Community perception of what is meta is most often wrong.

Borrowed Power is the best approach to new expansions.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

Addons including damage meters shouldn't work in the game.

There should be more weight behind choice of race. Like Taurens should have more stamina, Gnomes more int, Orcs more strengtg, night elves more agility etc and it should scale with gear.
    Last edited by Tesshin83; 2020-10-13 at 01:37 AM.

Legiondairies was awesome and I miss the excitement every time you killed that boss or opened that chest, and some times get to hear the awesome pop up sound and that orange item splashing in front of your screen! Prydaz, Sephuz or BiS, loved it!

When you create leggo in SL it does the same. Yay!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    The BMAH should have a real money option. If I want to buy something with dollars.....I bid against another real money player. The game gold folks bid against themselves.

I should be able to buy the current Heroic level gear with real money. I have funds that I can spend on WoW gear....so let me do it. Call it Pay2Win or whatever....it's Heroic level gear so it really isn't going to overpower any current content. It allows me to do other activities without having to do a lot of current content to get it.

Make all mounts sellable. All......mounts. No matter the source....all ......sellable. If I have the Scarab Lord mount....let me sell it if I want. I keep the title, just not the mount.

Let every player choose one mount and buy a token from the Game Shop to make it fly. You want a flying Brutosaur....buy the token and activate it on him. The only catch is you can only buy 1 token for each Battlenet account ever. One shot per account in your WoW lifetime.

Stay safe and have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Legiondairies was awesome and I miss the excitement every time you killed that boss or opened that chest, and some times get to hear the awesome pop up sound and that orange item splashing in front of your screen! Prydaz, Sephuz or BiS, loved it!

When you create leggo in SL it does the same. Yay!
    This right here. Legiondaries were the best the game has ever been by far.

What’s more, hard Ghostcrawler dungeons at the start of Cata = second best, original Kara = third, then Timeless Isles.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-13 at 01:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Oh here's one that's sure to be CRAZY unpopular!!!

Race-Class restrictions are incredibly important, and Blizzard should make them stricter, and force race-changes on any combos that get cut.

Night Elf and Orc Mages, Tauren Paladins and Priests, Blood Elf and small-race Warriors, Death Knights only for Light-worshipping Races (since they are inherently anti-Paladins) -- those kinds of restrictions are important to building a world of immersion. And "making whatever you what" is NOT immersion, simply customization.

The one exception would be Demon Hunters; I actually wouldn't be *totally* opposed to adding one race to each faction. I almost feel like an Eredar Demon Hunter would be kind of cool (red-skinned Draenei, in essence). Not sure on the Horde counterpart.
    I would say your stance on Warriors is fairly popular, as is the stance on restrictions. I would say it is more unpopular to defend race/class combos that are in the game, for example: Blood Elf Warriors are lore friendly to an extreme. Spell Breakers exist and they are called warriors in lore, so the fact they didn't have Warrior on release because they had arbitrarily capped the number of classes each race could be.

Honestly, it is more the defense or counter to the arguments that tend to be more unpopular. I feel that all classes, races and combos there of should make sense in a lore term. You can't just add a race class combo with no logical explanation.

---

Having to find dungeons in order to queue for them in Cataclysm wasn't a bad idea, it was just that most zones didn't lend themselves finding the dungeon early enough.

Blizzard chooses to scrap potential expansion ideas because they don't know how to write a full story around the idea and they choose to tact on what little they have to other expansions (N'Zoth, Argus, and Emerald Dream for example.)
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-10-13 at 01:50 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

WoD is the 2nd best expac behind only WotLK
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

New races don't really add anything to the game..if you hated the game as Race X ...your gonna hate it as Race Y. This then makes it worse as people expect blizz to give these races time in the sun..which doesn't happen, then everyone gets angry that they don't get attention.

Yrel doing a Face Heel turn is actually kinda interesting in a lore perspective..makes her a Lawful Good antagonist since she wholeheartedly believes what she is doing is for the good of the world. To that end her reveal as a villian didn't gut her character she was VERY capable of turning like she did throughout.

Wow's story was never good. The entire medium its trying to write it on is the biggest block on anything of any merit happening with said story.

The vast majority of Wow's problems are player driven.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still love Sylvanas.

Transmog is a cancer to the game and is a huge reason why more people don’t attempt to push current content.

WoW still feels like WoW.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    BfA wasn't the worst expansion ever? It was pretty much a middling-to-average expansion. There have been worse. There have been better.
    I 100% agree with this but there's so many people that think it's literally the worse thing ever it's hard to hold a proper discussion of the expansion. I've pretty much given up ever trying to talk about BfA.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Flying ruins the game by making everything so easy and making you more safe. Also ruins world pvp.

You can see people on ground mounts coming in wpvp, but with flying its a 1v1 and in a few seconds its a 1v10. You can also fly over environmental obstacles and over any sort of mobs that would otherwise dismount you.

I haven’t played since cata so things may have changed a lot since then but here are my unpopular opinions.

1) I prefer the old character models, the new ones seem too bouncy, and it’s annoying I don’t like how they trot around instead of walk, it looks like they are walking on the moon. Everything moves too much on them. LUCKLY you can revert the character models to the original, unless they’ve removed it.

2) LFR and LFD began ruining the server communities and even though a pug didn’t always get to the end of a raid you could make friends while doing it and get a reputation for yourself (good or bad). Everyone just doesn’t really talk or just leaves when it’s over. Blizzard sold out for convenience and it watered down the game.

3) Shadow priest was at its best in Wrath of the Lich king. Fight me.

4) Horde and alliance should be able to communicate and all races should speak common tongue.

5) Making stormwind and orgrimmar the Central hubs made the world feel smaller and was a wrong move in my opinion. The other cities became ghost towns when they used to be filled with life and people.

6) Making Sylvanas a villain was wrong in my opinion {insert next horde leader being corrupted and becoming a raid boss} the writing is like Harry Potter the way it’s always the defence against the dark arts teacher. The next expansion may as well be called Chris Metzen and the Corruption of the Warchief.

I would love to play the game as the devs intended it and not the half assed middle ground compromise they have to reach because a minority of the community is so f'ing vocal about EVERY LITTLE SINGLE THING

People who enjoyed BFA have a mental disorder and we would be better off without them
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

LFD was a necessary evil and Classic REALLY exemplifies it. Not sure if a lot of ya'll remember it..or were on a bigger server where it wasn't a problem but there was a time in Wrath when the servers were VERY top heavy...so lowbies trying to level kinda resorted to paying for boosts or asking their 80 friend to just carry them through dungeons since it was easier than trying to find 4 other people (2 with specific roles) to do the dungeon with. Now we look at Classic where oh look its very top heavy and everyone just gets boosted now.

Though it can be fun pvp has ruined many aspects of pve over the years based on how when something works for pve it has often needed to to be nerfed because of it being 'overpowered' in pvp thus nerfing it for pve.
    Last edited by Sarkli83; 2020-10-13 at 02:12 AM.

In this thread: popular opinions.

I'll try for a truly unpopular one.

I think Race/Class combinations should be far, far more restrictive.

I think leveling should be massively slowed down. I think even 10 days played for 1-120 would be fast. 1-60 was around 10 days my first go around. For a fresh player who has never touched WoW, it should be a massive, slow, meandering, epic journey that could stretch years. But that would also have required some level of investment in past expansion content to ensure that it was enjoyable. But I also think that alt leveling should be essentially instant, no need to do it again.

I'm going for a rough estimate, based on a normal player not using a guide, not looking stuff up, just playing the game & reading quest text & following what the game designers had in mind.

Level: /Played
    60: 10 days
    70: 3 days
    80: 3 days
    85: 2 days
    90: 2 days
    100: 2 days
    110: 2 days
    120: 2 days
    Total: 26 days.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-10-13 at 02:16 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Myrhic+ shouldn't have a timer.
    I fully agree with this as well. I enjoy the difficulty of +10s but hate the timed aspect.