Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    You missing the point is ignorant xD the point is the people pvpin low level areas, you ignored that, ignorantly, and focused on the offhand remark of world pvp outside of max level, your edited reply of what i posted was also wrong.
    I addressed this in my first post to the guy, learn to read

  2. #602
    collecting mounts is a huge waste of time

  3. #603
    Herald of the Titans Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    2,656
    It might be a little easier to get away with stuff (since word getting out on your own server that you're a douchebag isn't as much of a thing anymore), but the community is not any more toxic today than it was in 2004-2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  4. #604
    Timegating is a scam worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined.
    (ok maybe not that much but at least those things are openly scummy while timegating is accepted for some weird reason)

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Timegating is a scam worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined.
    (ok maybe not that much but at least those things are openly scummy while timegating is accepted for some weird reason)
    I don’t think it’s a scam necessarily, and honestly if implemented in good ways I think it’s beneficial to a game. But I have to ask what type of time gating are you talking about and how is it a ‘scam’?

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I addressed this in my first post to the guy, learn to read
    Nah fam you need to learn to read, the thing to address is the people pvping low level people, nothing else in that post, you see?

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I don’t think it’s a scam necessarily, and honestly if implemented in good ways I think it’s beneficial to a game. But I have to ask what type of time gating are you talking about and how is it a ‘scam’?
    1) The corruption rotation vendors (scam)
    2) The pvp conquest armor rotation (scam)
    3) Any timegate to keep u subscribed for longer without any reasoning (scam)

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Nah fam you need to learn to read, the thing to address is the people pvping low level people, nothing else in that post, you see?
    This is what YOU brought up, this is not what the original poster was talking about. He never mentioned the issue was max levels pvping low level people. I didn't write my comment discussing high levels killing low levels. Please buzz off and read.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    1) The corruption rotation vendors (scam)
    2) The pvp conquest armor rotation (scam)
    3) Any timegate to keep u subscribed for longer without any reasoning (scam)
    Okay I can see how you dislike some of these timegated systems (I personally hated the time dated garrison nonsense) but you aren't mentioning how it's a *scam*

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Okay I can see how you dislike some of these timegated systems (I personally hated the time dated garrison nonsense) but you aren't mentioning how it's a *scam*
    IMO is a scam as worse as gacha or lootboxes when there is no reasoning behind it apart from keeping you subscribed longer.

  10. #610
    MOP is top 3 expansion and everyone who still hating it for "ewwww pandas" is a moron.

  11. #611
    Trump won the election including the hearts and minds of the people.

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    IMO is a scam as worse as gacha or lootboxes when there is no reasoning behind it apart from keeping you subscribed longer.
    There is a reason behind it tho. Every single MMO does it in some sort of way otherwise if you give everyone all your content you have made at once then it sort of ruins your game. It's just extending content, I hardly see an issue with that.

    If they had absolutely no timegated content then wow classic would have been over with in like 4 months for a lot of people. Of course they have some terrible ways of doing this but if done right I think it's good.

    Sort of how they 'time gated' hyjal for raiders back in the day.

  13. #613
    scam
    noun [ C ] informal

    an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people


    if you know beforehand what you have to do and/or to pay and what you get in return, how can a time gate be a scam?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    This is what YOU brought up, this is not what the original poster was talking about. He never mentioned the issue was max levels pvping low level people.
    I need to learn to read?

    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

    People who intentionally go to popular speed-leveling zones, such as Gorgrond, in order to "PVP".....are a-holes.
    Boom!

    *drops mic*

  15. #615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I need to learn to read?



    Boom!

    *drops mic*
    You....you want to read that again? Highlight the part where he mentioned max levels?

  16. #616
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You....you want to read that again? Highlight the part where he mentioned max levels?
    Ok!

    [B]
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    World PVP should honestly be turned off outside of Max level,.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Ok!

    [B]
    That wasn’t the quote you posted my friend. This is a separate thought entirely. I was asking you to provide the part where he mentioned max levels camping lowbies.

    Do you understand how this isn't at all what you think he is saying? He isn't saying "Max levels are camping me this is the problem", he is saying "I hate world pvp while leveling but max levels should still have world pvp".

    I'm sorry, but I honest to god hope you are trolling otherwise I feel extremely sorry for you.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-11-15 at 08:56 PM.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Okay do you understand how this isn't at all what you think he is saying? He isn't saying "Max levels are camping me this is the problem", he is saying "I hate world pvp while leveling but max levels should still have world pvp".

    I'm sorry, but I honest to god hope you are trolling otherwise I feel extremely sorry for you.
    Oddly your last sentence is word for word what i think about this whole conversation, its clearly what he meant, I guess you just do not want it to be that way, whatever, I have better things to do than feed people, have a nice day sir

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Oddly your last sentence is word for word what i think about this whole conversation, its clearly what he meant, I guess you just do not want it to be that way, whatever, I have better things to do than feed people, have a nice day sir
    Well either way you are a troll or uneducated. Enough reason to perma ignore you. Can’t be bothered to read posts from children.

  20. #620
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    It might be a little easier to get away with stuff (since word getting out on your own server that you're a douchebag isn't as much of a thing anymore), but the community is not any more toxic today than it was in 2004-2006.
    I'd go further and say the in-game community is less toxic now than it was in 2006 (more toxic than 2004, which was a bizarrely innocent time, but it didn't last). Peak toxicity was Cataclysm, in my experience. I've never seen remotely as much nasty-ass shit said in-game, in any expansion, as I did in Cataclysm, and I didn't even play that expansion as much as WotLK or Vanilla. It was fucking endless. I basically stopped even using LFG because you were likely to get someone who actually seemed like a sociopath in the 4 people you were grouped with. It'd been getting worse since LFG came in - initially LFG was pretty civilized. By the time the new ICC dungeons came in, there were a lot of shits and the kick button was getting a huge workout. Cataclysm kicked that up an entire notch and it was basically odds-on you got someone who just screamed abuse at the group for no reason, tried very hard to wipe the group on purpose, went AFK and never came back, or just found creative ways to fuck with you, and spent their time doing that instead of just doing the dungeon. The most memorable of the latter was a dude who was just sending everyone in the group bizarre obscene tells all the time (I mean, they were so nonsensical they proved he had to be a virgin but still). We couldn't even kick him because we'd had to kick the previous guy for just going AFK and never coming back!

    Sometime in Legion, though, stuff started gradually getting better, and the trend continued to through BfA, and up to now, at least on the servers I'm on.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •