Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    This is true, though it's not really reflected in game. I just finished leveling multiple characters to finally get Loremaster after years of playing (well, once SL comes out that is) and one thing bothered me immensly: Through Chromie time, even my newly created level 10 alt is somehow the hero worthy of commanding their own garrison, being head of their order, champion of azeroth. There are multiple quests that are related to events I never took part of but the NPCs assume I did.
    Now, I know that this is a pretty minor thing and requires more effort than it's worth, but it would be nice, if NPCs interacted with your character based on it's achievements. If you never visited Jade Forest or Vashir, why would Admiral Taylor say "We fought many battles together, Vashir, Jade Forest, Lions Landing... I'm glad I die by your side." after his death in Spires of Arak? It really does not make sense.
    I have no problem being treated as a hero. But characters that did not earn this, should not be treated as such. So my one wish for the storytelling in WoW is, that your past actions influence your interactions in the future.
    Chromie time is something you specifically put in place for veteran players playing alts, not as a narrative story-driven experience. And if you want to, you can just use Chromie time to play the quests in chronological order.

The reality is that wow is a decade and a half old. The state of the world, even within the context of the lore, would not leave anyone ubscathed. Anyone who's in the alliance or horde military at this point is a veteran or champion, because all the weak people have been killed. Look at zappyboi. Even a new recruit is in the middle of power struggles between faction leaders.

The truth of the matter is that Azeroth is not a simple place. It's very dark. It's a world in constant unceasing warfare that's periodically invaded by demons, undead, and plagues. It's got black powder, magic, steam technology, extradimensional goats, cyborgs, space ships, and time travel. To call it high fantasy is almost inadequate.

There are no simple soldiers in this setting. Even the town guards are high level, ffs.

I'm saying that if you had a perfect supercomputer playing each spec to mathematical perfection in the most favourable circumstances, then yes you could rank specs from best to worst. But players are far from perfect, and the situations vary so widely that the difference between those rankings can be made up by better playing/preparation.

Take a player playing a "broken" spec. Don't you think you could probably improve their DPS if you just played it better? Chose the correct gems, potions etc? And then they could even outperform a "better" spec played by a worse player.

But w/e, this is an unpopular opinion thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

If all you do is post on MMO-C "flaws" and "improvements" to the game i recommend you to do a pause and play a new MMO (imo ESO or GW2) for a while.
    I've been there and this i the absolute best thing you can do.

I also recommend you immerse yourself on the social aspects AND try to not find "flaws" as you play.
    Simply...try to enjoy it.
    Even if the gameplay part of the game is nothing special, you always have the social part to fall on.

Is a refreshing experience and possibly will make you see WoW with different eyes and maybe enjoy it even more.

Faction "Pride" and Identity is excessively promoted by Blizzard and it just puts me off--but it's much easier for them to clump up races as "Human and sidekicks" and "Orcs and sidekicks", rather than actually flesh out individual races and cultures, and solidify their place in the story.

There are no bad specs in the game, only bad players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    If all you do is post on MMO-C "flaws" and "improvements" to the game i recommend you to do a pause and play a new MMO (imo ESO or GW2) for a while.
    yes we all know this by experience that you do this.
    i am happy to hear that you have recognized this fault of yours and are currently trying to improve yourself by stepping away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

Is a refreshing experience and possibly will make you see WoW with different eyes and maybe enjoy it even more.
    This right here.

There are a LOT of people who have never played anything else besides WoW, and think that it's a perfect, flawless game design. But I guarantee you if you get out of your tiny little box and experience other games, you'll start to see different ways of doing thing: Some good, some bad. But either way it gives you valuable perspective.