Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Post your unpopular WOW opinions?

i will start

the graphics on the game could be better.

Playing the game with the Music off is like watching a film without the soundtrack. It diminishes the intended user experience and should not be done. Thus many players aren't getting the beauty out of WoW, just the phat numbers.

I genuinely wonder how those folks would react if Blizz decided to just axe the music all together. Would they still proudly shout "lol I always play with it off who cares!" ?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I don't care about mount, pet and transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do love the game still, they should have gone out on top with Legion and ended the official/ongoing story.

I don't care about the shitty story and mediocre cliche lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail is better than Classic. While certain music, quests etc in Classic definitely scratch that nostalgia itch for me... actually playing it reminds me that WoW is approaching the two-decade mark, and I do not mean that as a compliment. Even the most simple things are often tedious to the point of groaning out loud, and the absence of things like shared/faction tagging is maddening.

Having said that, I would not advocate changing those things, because I truly believe Classic should be left the way it is. It may not be my cup of tea, but it makes a lot of people happy.

My other unpopular opinion is that the new models look vastly better than the originals. I realize that not all of the original faces 'translated' perfectly to the higher level of detail (including my favorite night elf face), but I still prefer the new models by a country mile.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-10-12 at 11:30 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

factions should have been dissolved by the end of BFA so we can have much bigger player base, well atleast for the alliance, since the horde will probably get just 15% more players.

Borrowed Powers could work just fine if the base classes were more complete before we got them each expansion. Though Ion basically said he understands the issue with borrowed power and they are going to try to move away from it next expansion or at least make it not a primary focus of progression.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

BfA wasn't bad and actually looks better than what lies ahead in SL.

A this point there shouldn't be any race/class restrictions and people should be free to play whatever combo they want.

I kind of wish for the game to end.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talent Trees were good for the game because high end players still just look at guides to talent now, but low end players no longer have the ability to build crazy custom builds.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Garrosh did nothing wrong (except lose).

Mists of Pandaria was the one of the best expansions.

Every expansion should have at least a new playable race or class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elves are overrated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only was it my least favorite WoW expansion, Legion marked the beginning of the end for old WoW for me, and many of the systems first put into place in it (namely the endless grind of AP, high amounts of RNG, Legiondaries and the "need" to do M+ to not hold your raid group back) are mainly what made me quit then, along with other unrelated parts of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i will start

the graphics on the game could be better.
    That's unpopular?

Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Most of the posts in this thread are not even remotely unpopular opinions.

My unpopular opinions are that you should be locked to a single character per server, and professions should be reverted to forcing you to level through the entire set of expansions to reach max-level relevant recipes. And also that BfA writing was some of the best the game has ever had, abrupt end of the war aside, people just ignore older expansions doing the same things but worse, and confuse characters doing things they don't like/want them to do with writing being bad.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Not only was it my least favorite WoW expansion, Legion marked the beginning of the end for old WoW for me, and many of the systems first put into place in it (namely the endless grind of AP, high amounts of RNG, Legiondaries and the "need" to do M+ to not hold your raid group back) are mainly what made me quit then, along with other unrelated parts of the game.
    High five on the "Legion was secretly a bad expansion" train!

It also basically codified everything WoD did wrong as the new trend going forward. On top of adding it's own terrible decisions like 7 daily epics and borrowed powers onto the pile.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)