Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Racial abilities should have been purely cosmetic from the start like other games.

Balance is vitally important in ways that people don't think about, even casuals, and Blizzard doesn't spend nearly enough time iterating on toolkits.

If a spec exists in a game, it is Blizzard's responsibility to make it competitive within a fair margin +/-10% in all content.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    PvE is not about DPS max/min but tactics. You can successfully raid with a bottom DPS spec with a normal guild.

Shadowlands customization options are poor. Different eye colours, tattoos? Really?

Game shouldn't be free, subscription should stay.
    The subscription is staying, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Difficulty of roles from highest to lowest: Healing > mdps > tanking > rdps.

Classes no longer being gcd capped is the worst change to ever happen to WoW.

Systems like mythic+ have no place in an mmo, and if you enjoy them, neither do you.

The best gear should always come from raids. There should be no alternative gearing paths, aside from maybe one or two pieces from currency, like back in wrath/cata.

Being "done" with a patch is a good thing for everyone except Blizzards pockets.

Pathfinder is fine, but should be in in its entirety the day of launch, and should not require rep.

Raid bosses have become too complicated. The game had a good encounter balance from wrath to MoP, but the amount of abilities bosses had in legion and BfA is simply absurd.

Race class restrictions are dumb, but the game should have racial modifiers. A "small race" warrior should have less health and output than an orc, who should less health and output than a tauren, etc. The game should then be balanced around the "weakest" of these combinations, so as to not exclude people based on their preference.

Underperforming classes should be buffed instead of strong classes being brought down. The game becoming easier as a result of that is acceptable.

Mythic+, pvp, and the open world should have their own sets with their own bonuses. They shouldn't be an alternative way to reach the same goal, they should be their own endgame for the people that want to do them.

The gear earned from raiding, pvp, and mythic+ should not be usable at all outside of the activity they were gained from.

The game moving on from us being adventurers to being important people was good, but it went too far with us being called champion at every turn, which is very annoying. We should be commanders, nothing more, nothing less.

PvP is an irrelevant side activity, and PvPers should accept that. The game should never be balanced around PvP. Only PvE performance matters.
    None of this seems unpopular to me I fully agree with all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, I've seen a fair number of posts that describe WoD as some sort of nirvana for raiders, which I think is just wrong... there were only 2 raid tiers!

It's important because people sometimes use WoD as an argument for why raiding centric design is a failure.
    Agree before, and agreeing again. WoD was bad even for raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Oh here's one that's sure to be CRAZY unpopular!!!

Race-Class restrictions are incredibly important, and Blizzard should make them stricter, and force race-changes on any combos that get cut.

Night Elf and Orc Mages, Tauren Paladins and Priests, Blood Elf and small-race Warriors, Death Knights only for Light-worshipping Races (since they are inherently anti-Paladins) -- those kinds of restrictions are important to building a world of immersion. And "making whatever you what" is NOT immersion, simply customization.

The one exception would be Demon Hunters; I actually wouldn't be *totally* opposed to adding one race to each faction. I almost feel like an Eredar Demon Hunter would be kind of cool (red-skinned Draenei, in essence). Not sure on the Horde counterpart.
    Night elves and arcane magic go pretty hand in hand...just read the shattering trilogy or reference any dire maul lore. As for tauren priests and paladins it makes sense with the new direction of cosmological forces able to corrupt / "purify" any mortal race.

I do agree about lightforged draenai being paladins just feels wrong as they are corrupted by the light. Again though there are examples of this, in the original 4 horseman encounter Sir Zeliek used holy damage. Plus theres the whole whisper of the old gods that say the light has made an ally of the enemy of all.

I know you posted it as an unpopular opinion, not berating you or anything, just saying there are examples of this and some even existing before the class and race combo was available.

As for mine - catacylsm was one of the better expansions for content for players of all types and I miss the dungeon difficulty it had at the start.
    Last edited by Inoculate; 2020-10-22 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    None of this seems unpopular to me I fully agree with all of it.
    I mean it is a great example of why developers should basically never listen to players.

Raidlogging died with Legion and has been dead since.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I used to avidly play WoW with music enabled, but since at least WoD they've been separating every zone into a bunch of microzones that each play their own variation of the zone's theme, rather than the zone having an overarching theme that plays throughout most of the zone.

I cannot handle the music constantly restarting as you move through the zone, so I'd rather play with music off.
    That's the first constructive reasons I've seen for it and don't blame you then. I definitely get overwhelmed by the swapping tracks myself honestly.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Blood Elves are trash. Tauren Master Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Being autistic I have lots of unpopular opinions:

BFA was the best expansion.

Talents, race, gender, professions and spec should be permanent choices since it takes 2 days to level a new character anyway.

Myrhic+ shouldn't have a timer.

Minmaxing is not the most important aspect of mythic raiding.

Ions vision for the game is so next level most people don't even understand why its the best solution for the game in the long term.

World of Warcraft isnt fit to being a part of esports or even a competetive game.

They should undo all the race/class combinations from Cataclysm onwards.

Its impossible to get tired of Mulgore, Northern and Southern Barrens and Feralas.

Zul Farrak is the best dungeon in the game.

Balancing the classes too much is bad for the game.

You shouldn't be optimal for all types of content at the same time.

Most people play the game the wrong way. (Focus on ego and numbers instead of teamwork and strategy)

Vanilla professions shouldn't require 300 skill to max out.

Community perception of what is meta is most often wrong.

Borrowed Power is the best approach to new expansions.

Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

Addons including damage meters shouldn't work in the game.

There should be more weight behind choice of race. Like Taurens should have more stamina, Gnomes more int, Orcs more strengtg, night elves more agility etc and it should scale with gear.
    Autistic but smarter and make more sense than 90% of the usual posts on the internet.
    Races used to get exclusive stats and I think they still do but it's negligeable on higher levels.

Were you a raider in WoD? Because I get the sense that most who say that didn’t actually raid. Yes BRF was great but there just wasn’t enough content.
    Yet it wasn't the expansion with the least amount of raid content. That was Cataclysm. It's just the content in cataclysm was spread more out.

BFA is a good expansion.

Were you a raider in WoD? Because I get the sense that most who say that didn’t actually raid. Yes BRF was great but there just wasn’t enough content.
    Yeap, WoD was the most active I have been in WoW apart from WotLK, actually.

As I've said though, I'm not denying there was a lack of content, I'm just saying if you ignore the content droughts the content distribution itself and the reward system was very raid-centric and highly reward raiders. It was pretty good for raiders, and especially for those that mostly only care about raiding a couple times a week without having to spend hours each week grinding stuff in order to optimize their chances.

My unpopular opinion is that Demon Hunter was perfectly fine the way it was. It never lead any of the leader boards and wasn't a "requirement" for high level keys. Scrubs just got mad that someone beat them in their queable content and screamed for Nerfs because they didn't know to how to stun and kick stuff to beat a DH.

DH should have been the model for all DPS classes......4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

BFA is trash, and made me quit the game.

Wait...that's a very popular opinion.

Mythic raids and other high difficulty grouped content should reward the best gear attainable.

An unpopular opinion among the casuals on MMOC.

wow is trash...

Depends on how you measure content. Sure, by number of bosses, WoD had 30 and Cataclysm had 28, but Cataclysm had more "big" bosses with Ragnaros, Deathwing, Al'Akir, Nefarian, Synestra, and Cho'Gall. I'd say that Cataclysm actually had more because the big bosses are much more time consuming than the extra speedbumps early in the tier. WoD had Abrogator, Blackhand, and Archimonde.

And yes, as you mentioned it was also about spacing. Wod released 7 bosses, then 2 months later 10 bosses that invalidated the previous 7, then 4.5 months later released the final tier, which twisted in the wind for like 15 months. I remember arguing at the time that a big part of their problem could have been solved if they released 4 7-8 boss tiers, each with a big end boss, than using up 17 bosses in 6.5 months then stretching HFC on forever.
    Oh I certainly don't disagree. IMO HFC would have made 2 good raids. First being the lower raid going upto and including Gorefiend, with a Grommash fight afterwards. Making it an even 7. Then few months later have the upper half just situated in a different area.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    My unpopular opinion is that Demon Hunter was perfectly fine the way it was. It never lead any of the leader boards and wasn't a "requirement" for high level keys. Scrubs just got mad that someone beat them in their queable content and screamed for Nerfs because they didn't know to how to stun and kick stuff to beat a DH.

DH should have been the model for all DPS classes......4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content.
    >DH should have been the model for all DPS classes
    >4 to 5 buttons and respectable DPS for any and all content

How much more boring do you want the class gameplay to be? Most specs are already hurting for interesting rotations to a pathetic degree.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Blood Elves are trash. Tauren Master Race.
    That’s not an unpopular opinion.