Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hmm guess ill give this a try.

Professions should take some serious effort to skill up and recipes should be raredrop from raids/dungs/outdoors similar to how mounts are nowdays. This way the ppl that really put effort into professions will find themselves with alot less competitors when it comes to crafting for profit.

Crafting should have an element of randomness to them, Crafting should be a risk! Inspired by crafting in path of exile. The brave players who dare spend big currencies can craft some absolutely godly items in that game.

WOTLK was an expansion with very little to do both outside of raids and (thanks to limited attempts mechanics) inside of raids for a highend raider.

The name restrictions in wow is boring. If i want to make a rogue named Dickstabbingyouranus_99 or a Tauren warrior named Shiteatingvegan2020 i should be able to. We play the game to have fun afterall, so why the excessive restrictions? Are we in the catholic church? Hell, i even know of a guy who had the nickname Retarde but had to change it because... no fucking clue. Some1 spotted fun and decided to nerf it i guess.

Also lets throw in a popular opinion to balance it out.
    Why the fuck don't we have player housing yet after players having asked for it for 15 fucking years?
    Honestly, blizzard are the biggest fools in the world for not having implemented it already. They have thousands upon thousands of objects in the game already so the art is already there, all they need to do is give players an editor tool and a fucking personal space and its done. easiest fucking money ever.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    that data could be contrasted against drop offs following nerfs. there are ways of determining what was considered the best version of a spec while ruling out power as a factor.
    There is rarely an immediate and sharp drop off, so you can't really use that as a marker for who was playing for what reason, especially when the spec also presumably changed in general, so you have no idea if the drop off in population is due to people no longer liking the spec/class or just no longer being OP. Additionally ignoring the highest popularity sections because they drop off after will leave you with a bunch of vague mid range population numbers.

I think you are also just vastly underestimating the sheer number of factors involved in class populations. How are you going to look at X expansion where a class is 9% of the playerbase and claim that version is better than Y expansion where a class had 8% population numbers, when not only do you have design changes and power changes, but also different tier sets that influence what people want to play, or new classes that steal players from a given class, or other classes whose Y version is more interesting and so draws players from that class. You could have a change that 80% of a class agrees is the best change ever, but if the other 20% decide to go and play some other class, and there are other more interesting class changes elsewhere, that class' numbers may plummet.

Population just has very little to do with how well designed a class is, and there's no reliable way to determine what population is playing something because of the design elements. Your own examples sort of prove this is the case: Hunter wasn't at its most popular in MoP/WoD, it was at its most popular during Vanilla, despite being numerically weak (i.e. not going to see any nerfs suggesting it was a power thing) because it was boosted by the context surrounding it. Warrior's population in Wrath is the same as it is right now, and was in Legion; in fact the population fell during Wrath (I assume because people flocked over to DK and other more interesting classes). Shadow has been very high population at the end of the past two expansions due to scaling, but 70% of the class didn't like Voidform.

It just isn't a good method of determining what good spec/class design is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    Raidlogging died with Legion and has been dead since.
    No it did not You could perfectly do raidlogging in Legion after initial big boom after each patch so a month or so after each patch release. Well, start of legion was rough because of SO MUCH to do. But during NH and onwards you could raid log. Source: did it at cutting edge level and we were in top 800 guild. Managed to parse orange quite easy too.
    BfA is way easier to raid log. I did m+ all the time on my tank alt and raided on my mage who only did raiding and few high m+ when I felt like it. Didn't even get all +10s done in S1 on the mage

Wrath did more bad things for the game than good.

Dragon Soul wasn't inherently a bad raid, people just associate it with the long lull in content between 4.3 and 5.0.

Mythic+ is the worst addition to the game. Ever. (Okay maybe second to Warforging but everyone hated that anyway)

Flame on, boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do prefer lvling throu dungeons like wotlk grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I like this idea with leveling I just don’t know how you would implement it realistically without breaking the game.

More quests with less xp? Well that would be a TON of quests I couldn’t see this happening.

Way way tougher mobs to slow down leveling like crazy? This would promote being boosted like crazy.

Only possible way I can think is to force people to level through questing by making mobs give little to no xp. Make quests take an astronomical amount of requirements to accomplish. Think like onyxia attunement but for just regular quests. Also you would have to make it so if someone attacks your mob or does more than a certain % of damage it gives no credit. And if your grouped with someone a certain level above you it also doesn’t count.
    It's hard to implement in the current state of the game. You'd need to revisit the way Classic/TBC/WotLK handled leveling. Those were roughly how long it took a normal player to accomplish leveling without the use of guides from what my memory serves.

Basically you slow combat down, require out of combat regeneration, make combat more strategic, make mobs more difficult, and make quests require a bit more investment than simply following an arrow and killing the glowing mobs or picking up the sparkles. This also requires a reduction in player power per level, and a reduction in overall player power. Even at level 60, players would have issues soloing lower level dungeons. If memory serves, a level 60 would usually hit a wall around the level 20-30 range before they'd start needing help again. Nowadays a max level player can just walk into a low level dungeon and just absolutely nuke everything. Soloing old raids didn't really become a thing until MoP and beyond because player power was kept in check, barring a few bosses like Onyxia that could be cheesed.

The quests themselves? I'm not sure if you'd actually need more of them or not. I don't feel like level 1-60 had more quests per level than say 110-120 did, just that the quests for the last 10 were done so much more quickly. Leveling in Classic, quests took a long time to do, and quests usually had many more objectives to complete. Modern quests give a lot more exp for a lot fewer objectives. I.e. usually you only need to kill 10 mobs today, versus old quests rarely required less than 20-30 mobs.

Exploration and crafting were built more into the game as well, with tangible rewards. You wanted to cook and level first aid and a crafting profession because it made leveling so much easier. I remember my first toon ever, I was a level 26 paladin when someone convinced me to double back and pick up cooking, first aid, fishing, herbalism, and alchemy. The constant buffs, potions, elixirs, and more made leveling so much easier despite the additional time investment.

It's a philosophical distinction really. I enjoy the journey in RPGs. I liked the long meandering road to max level, and loved it again when I played Classic. I do wish, especially since we now have 3 weeks before raids open, that modern expansions would embrace a meandering path to max level again. Let us explore the new world, level our crafts, and earn our stripes.

Then make it really quick on alts, I don't like doing it again!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

No-lifer altohalics are hardcores and not casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i dont think that there should be catch up mechanics or alt friendlyness
    Why not though?

3+ Year Old Account
    Bringing back old characters to the lore for the hype potential (post-mop) made the lore extremly cringy and unenjoyable
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

There is to much testing before stuff is released now. It ruins the exploration part of the game.

Troll female is by far the hottest race/gender in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Death knights and demon hunters was a mistake.

Wotlk was extremely overrated and it started the downfall of the original game feel.

I liked garrisons. The art for the alliance garrison was awesome, horde not so much, and I loved recruiting epic mount followers every week and building up a perfect roster of followers over the course of months of min/maxing. And I wasn't even one of the people that did this on multiple characters to generate as much gold as possible; I just did it on my main and maybe an alt eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i will start

the graphics on the game could be better.
    the ingame store is not bad

the 6month subscribing ( cheapest way if you play all the time) rewards are cool idea ( latest excecution is wack)

Garrisons are/where a cool thing. Needed some work but a cool idea.

Void elves are not high elves.

Blood elves are not high elves

Alliance has it worse as the horde ( storywise/amount of story, allied races, racials, mounts etc etc)

Garrosh did bad things

Jaina is a troubled and somewhat mistaken women. But a good hero. Not evil

pathfinder is a good system. Timing could be better. But not flying at max level ding is a good thing.

to name a few.
    Last edited by baskev; 2020-10-23 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot flying

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Void elves are not high elves.

Blood elves are not high elves
    While everyone is entitled to their opinion those aren't opinions. Those are you just being wrong about facts. I can say my opinion is that that the sky is made of elephant jizz and not clouds made of water. But that's just me trying to state a factual claim as an opinion and I would be wrong about that fact.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-10-23 at 01:51 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

1) People claim that only the top 1% care about performance which is absolute bullcrap. I’m nowhere near the top 1% but I care about performance very much. I like min-max’ing just because it’s fun. It’s fun to try out different builds and see how well you can perform. It has nothing to do with eliteism. People just use this as an excuse for sucking at the game.

2) People like to claim that the 99% aka the majority is one united group which is absolute bullcrap. They say things like “this is what the 99% want” or “the 99% don’t care about this” simply to push their own agenda. They claim the represent the majority to push their own opinions. But the 99% of the player base includes everything from mythic raiders to LFR raiders to mount collectors.. the opinions of the 99% are as different from each other as night and day. Stop making it sound like we are one united group of ultra casuals because we are not.

Unpopular opinion:

This thread would be 100% better if people could provide reasoning behind their opinions.

Legion was by far the worst expac.

S&D returning is very good.

Shadowlands looks amazing and the specs in the prepatch are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I was talking about the lack of difficulty modes when I referred to TBC, since Wrath of the Lich King introduced 10 man versions of the 25 man raids.
    Except you also mentioned

-M+
    -World quests
    -Borrowed Power
    -Catchup Gear

Which quite frankly also raises much more questions:
    -TBC had catchup gear (2.3 & 2.4) as well as WoD
    -No expansion before Legion had any actual borrowed power, at least in the way Legion / Bfa have been doing them
    (Why bring up TBC / WoD in particular then?)
    -Heroic dungeons in TBC is basically M+'s ancestor
    -TBC introduced Daily quests and had outdoor grinds for profession related items (which is basically a more grindy version of World quests)

Even ignoring the fact that WoD was the very expansion that introduced the current raiding model of four difficulties without any shared lockout between them.

You just wanted bash those "evil hardcore raiders" and listed some things that is popular among certain circles of that particular audience, nothing less.
    If you dislike the preferences of that audience, whatever, but at least make sure that your argument is actually solid and not just a random list of things some of those people like.

Putting aside that there is only an extremely loose connection between the design of TBC and WoD.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-10-23 at 03:29 PM.

I really like BFA. Every expansion since the beginning of WoW has just made the game better and better as time went on. I have liked every expansion since the start, none of them I have ever hated or disliked.
    BFA is my top expansion because it obviously is much more polished than the previous expansions in almost every way. I liked the questing. I liked the art. I liked the music. I especially liked the war campaign, both Horde and Alliance, and I wish that there were more of these long storylines in every expansions afterwards, with all of its twists and turns.
    I think the reason why I have liked every xpac is because I have dabbled in almost every category of activity in the game throughout. I have never gotten bored of WoW. I always have something to do no matter what point the xpac is in. Obviously I have never done like the highest difficulty of the activities such as like rated BGs or mythic raids (I did like I think maybe 2(?) rated BGs and like the 1st two bosses of mythic SoO in WoD in the whole lifetime of the game I have played).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    the game is too childish nowadays