Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW works best as a side-process to watching videos or reading websites with the occasional new chunk of content to focus on than as a primary game to expect constant enjoyment and stimulation from.

Collections are a far more viable end game than they are given credit - people always focus on raiding but the pursuit of collectables is just as valid.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I see it a bit differently, BFA is very much Legion 2.0, class design is exactly the same just BFA borrowed power systems fell flat until 8.2 (granted Legions borrowed power was meh until 7.1.5). I think BFAs big issue is it shows how bored players get of content. Dailies, Mythic+, questing is pretty much exactly the same. BFA also told some really strong stories, such as Bwonsamdi, Talanji, the Snek Church, Jaina's story, Drustvar. BfD is also one of the best raid we've had in a while, Uldir was meh, some cool fights, but ... Eternal Palace and Nyolotha are just copies of the Legion last 2 raids. Just purple instead of green.

Thats kind of my point... there is just more to BFA/Legion vs Cata. Cata was so unremarkable. I can remember playing vanilla, tbc, wrath pretty clearly. What I did daily, what I felt about the game. Cata made me quit, I didn't get a chance at MOP but played a little of WoD and that I remember clearly too, class design was great, the zones were cool, Legion and BFA same story. Cata, I remember none of it, it was boring, frustrating to play, it was a step back in every aspect.
    I disagree on Legion vs BfA for two reasons: GCD changes, & the secondary stat changes. Going into Legion, Ion was talking about how they wanted to frontload secondary stats so that characters felt fantastic from the get go - And despite the shortcomings compared to WoD classes, they were some of the best first tier classes I've ever played. Going into Emerald Nightmare with 20%+ haste as a tank or 50%+ crit as a fire mage felt absolutely fantastic. Fast forward to BfA & that design decision is completely gone, & we're going into Uldir raid testing with pathetically low secondary stats, making everything feel sluggish on top of the GCD changes which were unwarranted & ridiculous.

Also, Legion added M+ & the Mage Tower, BfA added Warfronts & Islands If we're going to look back at their impact on the game as a whole, there's no comparison, especially when you add stuff like World Quests & Paragon caches to the mix. The only place where I feel BfA perhaps has the edge over Legion is patch zones, but that's only because Mechagon is so damn good it carries the others. In comparison, Argus is average, & Broken Shore was woeful - That's honestly my biggest complaint against Legion.

I also quit late into 4.3, but that was due to going absolutely ham chasing archaeology achievements for ungodly amounts of time each day rather than anything wildly wrong with the game. I had some great times in PvP with my own little 4-5 man BG premade where we managed to grind out Conqueror with a near 100% win rate I still have a few of those guys on the bnet list.

Cata was unremarkable like you said, but unlike BfA, I didn't find it so obscenely bad that I had to quit for 18~ months right off the bat (with the odd month here & there). Questing was great, M+ is always enjoyable, but Warfronts were a failure, Island Expeditions were oversold (remember their AI hype), the War Campaign was poor, the patch content was either great (Mechagon) or shite (8.3 minus Visions, which fall into the average camp). The gameplay was just such a step back in so many levels I really don't regret anything about skipping BfA apart from perhaps missing out on an Uunat Mythic kill.

To each their own, though!

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    No-lifer altohalics are hardcores and not casuals.
    True. Raid progression and loot are temporary. Alts last forever.

World of Warcraft is in Fact NOT a dead game.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Catchup mechanics are dumb (alts are very ok) and Blizzard is in a rut. Ironically most people who cry about content drought also skip it all with welfare.

inb4 "U R ELITIST!" even though average players suffer the most from this problem, ur gear grind is worthless and ur progression is worthless all because the next freebies are better/equal. Mythic raiders are the only ones unscathed! as the gear/prog they get is needed right than and there to beat Mythic.

Blizzard got so desperate to keep people raiding even though average person says "screw this i'll just wait for patch freebies" they started limited time mounts like grove warden and spell wing because gear progression was so useless waste of time for average player!! I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard made limited time transmog tints/colours per raid tier to make doing a raid more than once worth it for average player!!
    The main problem here is playing together with friends and getting quickly geared up to do higher level Mythics and Raids. I do agree though, I wish the game had a longer substantial gear progression grind that felt good to obtain. Catch-up mechanics for alts are more than appreciated and great if you have done stuff on your main.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft, in its current iteration, is the game we deserve but not the one we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Some of mine:

- I really dislike steampunk (flying machines, choppers, gnome/goblin inventions) and "science" fantasy (space ships and whatever). I prefer high and- medieval fantasy.

- Richard A Knaak is a terrible writer and I'll never forgive him for butchering the War of the Ancients novels.

- Female guards don't make any sense except for a few races (Night Elves, Orcs, Tauren). Most races should have an exclusively male guard. There ain't no way a female human has any chance against a Tauren, Orc, Demon or Zombie unless she's a magic user. (yes our player characters are the exception)

- Jaina got better after the destruction of Theramore.

- The new customization options were a good start, but they're still very lacking.
    Erm, while I agree from the perspective of realism that a 50/50 split of male and female "soldiers" is silly. The relative difference between a man and a woman versus...a minotaur in melee combat is negligible. They'd both get stomped, "realistically".

99% of the "feedback"/"suggestions" people post on here/reddit is meaningless bullshit that should rightly be ignored, Day9 said it more eloquently

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Mythic raids should have a 10 man option

LFR is harder than normal/heroic

Leveling should take a really long time. Though now that it's super fast, I wouldn't want it changed back. It just felt way more satisfying hitting max level in Classic vs Retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I personally would love it, Blizz has made the right call thus far in not having a mobile Pet Battle app. It sounds fun, but the logistical problems would make it nearly not worth it. At best, it would almost certainly be a minimized version of pet battles that just wouldn't hold up to the in-game version.

Vanilla wasn't that good...it was new and we didnt have access to information like we do now so it had a mystery about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was the best expansion and Pandas are awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR was by far the greatest thing to happen to WoW and its tech is criminally underutilised. LFD and LFR should be extended to all dungeon and PvP modes.

Firelands was the worst raid in Cataclysm.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i will start

the graphics on the game could be better.
    Blizzard hiring bigots like Madeleine Roux and LL McKinney is damaging to the brand. Also Cross-Faction PvE should have been implemented ages ago, and the horde v alliance conflict is stupid.

The increased accessibility of raiding, public knowledge and simplification of base game mechanics, cause the skill level of the players to proportionally decline.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think on-use trinkets are stupid and should be removed from the game entirely. Most of the time they don't line up with your cooldowns making them awkward to use and take up an extra hotbar slot.

Give me more interesting passive effects on trinkets.

cata had high highs ( 4.0 and 4.2 firelands) and low lows (4.1 troll dungeons and 4.3 DS)

everyone hates cata for lfr but I assume you're using some transmog, which was released in cata

Quote Originally Posted by SimithDAEN View Post
    cata had high highs ( 4.0 and 4.2 firelands) and low lows (4.1 troll dungeons and 4.3 DS)

everyone hates cata for lfr but I assume you're using some transmog, which was released in cata
    It is unfortunately many ignored Tom's acknowledgement early launch that 1-60 hurt post launch non-raid endgame content along with later choices including the troll dungeon split and firelands along with other devs acknowledgement of the need to push out LFR early to make up for the lack of non-raid end game. Both GC and Ion had commented on the want to make raiding the endgame for non-raiders due to inherent content life due to weekly loot lockout.

Had 1-60 revamp not resulted in cut non-raid endgame content we would of likely seen the second content patch dungeons dropping at higher gear levels which was a large point of contention, the Naga raid cut is still hidden, DS was a rush job, and MoPs LFR would of IMO launched more conservative rather than the place for casual raiders including casual raid guilds the devs envisioned while trying to kill off PuG raiding which was still alive on high population realms and did not see a healthy return until flex proving that PuG raiding had a place and just needed the tools to support it.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2020-11-04 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    LFR was by far the greatest thing to happen to WoW and its tech is criminally underutilised. LFD and LFR should be extended to all dungeon and PvP modes.

Firelands was the worst raid in Cataclysm.
    I don't want to be forced to play with bad players by LFD/LFR tools. Wiping over and over again because people cannot do mechanics or utilize their classes correctly is not fun.

The game is best when people of equal skill play together.