Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alphas and Betas should be closed and be replaced with a monthly dev blog.
    PTR should be like 1-2 weeks for stress testing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know if this is "unpopular", but it certainly is controversial:

People who intentionally go to popular speed-leveling zones, such as Gorgrond, in order to "PVP".....are a-holes.

Yes yes....turn off war mode. Blah blah blah. Everyone except the A-holes knows that world PVP in WoW is a joke. Griefing and ganking people, who are 100% focused on PVE leveling, with your 5-10 man PVP swat team isn't good pvp. You're not proving anything. You're not enforcing your faction's rule(Horde OR Alliance). There's no bonuses to be gained. You're just being an a-hole. A troll.

Why is this even allowed? I don't know. World PVP should honestly be turned off outside of Max level, and even then only allowed in zones specifically designed for PVP, such as Tol Barad or something like that.
    That's why you get 30% bonus XP as Alliance instead of 10%. I leveled a few characters recently on both sides of the fence & never died more than 5 times while leveling through WoD as Alliance, though I did intentionally leave Gorgrond until level 40+. It was still a lot faster than the Horde characters who never died, as that 30% bonus is just nuts.

Give & take. Your last paragraph makes it sound like you want all the bonuses of War Mode without the risk. That's not how it works - Just go turn War Mode off instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    That is edited please do not do that.
    Don’t do what? Call you out on jumping in and being completely ignorant to the conversation?

Dude, please just stop. The dude was discussing how he thinks world pvp should be turned off with certain stipulations, that was the context that my argument was discussing. There’s nothing more to discuss. His suggestions was ignorant. And your post defending it was just as ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Okay wait a minute.... you think world pvp should be turned off entirely... with warmode literally being a thing.
    That's not what I said. I think World PVP should be restricted to areas specifically designed for it. Something like GW2 has with it's RvRvR. Putting random world pvp into leveling zones it stupid, and only serves to promote griefing.

War Mode is just a bandaid on that problem, not an actual comprehensive solution.

I’m fine with unpopular opinions, but this... this is just ignorance at its greatest length.
    It only seems ignorant because you a leapt to a bunch of conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of the new skyboxes are hideous compared to the old ones

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That's why you get 30% bonus XP as Alliance instead of 10%. I leveled a few characters recently on both sides of the fence & never died more than 5 times while leveling through WoD as Alliance, though I did intentionally leave Gorgrond until level 40+. It was still a lot faster than the Horde characters who never died, as that 30% bonus is just nuts.

Give & take. Your last paragraph makes it sound like you want all the bonuses of War Mode without the risk. That's not how it works - Just go turn War Mode off instead.
    With the new chromie thing though is that if you are level 35 and meet a lvl 49 he can just gank you easily because of power. But you can't log your main and gank back because you can't go in chrome time. I think that sucks.

Wish they could go and fix so max levels can go into chrome time too :P

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Hey the thread called for unpopular, not pants on head crazy =P

Imagine all the broken shit we'd get every expansion without the army of what are essentially unpaid devs (beta testers) telling Bliz what is wrong constantly.

If you think they would just invest into in-house testing more, I got bad news for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No spec is "best" or "broken". (The minor mathematical differences between specs are more than made up for with better playing eg not missing a GCD, gemming properly, standing out of fire...)

LFR was a good addition to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    No spec is "best" or "broken". (The minor mathematical differences between specs are more than made up for with better playing eg not missing a GCD, gemming properly, standing out of fire...)
    This, so much. For the overwhelming majority of players, their performance will be affected far more by network clog, their level of fatigue, their blood sugar level, allergic reactions, concerns (and delights) about things happening around them physically and to people they care about, and so on. It's good to aim for good play, but also to understand the context of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Your last paragraph makes it sound like you want all the bonuses of War Mode without the risk.

Yes and no.

The problem is that Blizzard has taken the lazy and easy way by just slapping PVP into the open world PVE areas. This is bad at a fundamental level. It's always been. But they double down by tying PVE functionality and benefit to that decision with war mode.

So yes, I want the benefits of War Mode, because things like the PVE utility that the War Mode talents should just be talents in the talent tree(which hasn't gotten anything new for 3 expansions). The exp and gold bonus I could care less about.

But no, I don't want the risk of PVP removed. I simply want it moved to a place where it makes more sense, without the conflict of interests that War Mode creates. Where there are actual PVP objectives to fight over, with tangible PVP rewards instead of PVE rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Only if Bob is involved. ;D

Don’t do what? Call you out on jumping in and being completely ignorant to the conversation?

Dude, please just stop. The dude was discussing how he thinks world pvp should be turned off with certain stipulations, that was the context that my argument was discussing. There’s nothing more to discuss. His suggestions was ignorant. And your post defending it was just as ignorant.
    You missing the point is ignorant xD the point is the people pvpin low level areas, you ignored that, ignorantly, and focused on the offhand remark of world pvp outside of max level, your edited reply of what i posted was also wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    classes are in the worst state they have ever been.

oh wait

Teldrassil was an inside job of Greymane & SI:7

...on a more serious note, it would be way better if game abandons race base differentiation between factions
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it's pretty unpopular for me to point out that most of the people posting here are in the top 1% of WoW players and what covenant ability they choose wont make a huge difference

It will sound elitist to some but I don't consider it such because I don't consider myself that good of a player, but the level of content you participate in is more a proof of how good of a player you are than telling if you are casual or hardcore. There's plenty of people spending a good 4-6 hours per day (or more) doing LFR and mythic 0s (or low keys) complaining about the 'hardcore' players who in reality probably play less a lot of the time.

I know there's plenty of people who set their bar at a more casual level because that's what they prefer, and that's fine. This is mostly aimed towards those who are stuck doing the bottom of the barrel easy content while complaining that people who raid mythic only do so because they are "nolifer hardcore" when in reality they are just bad players looking at the better players with envy.
    Last edited by Zantera; 2020-11-15 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    LFR was a good addition to the game.
    Thats not an unpopular opinion, more so its the gospel on opinion on MMO-C.

Multiboxers are good for the game in the sense they bring cheap materials.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp arenas was a mistake, blizzard should stop their ridiculous attempts to balance pvp at expense of pve
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

LFR is fine pre itemlevel nerfs. Flight is also good. So is the LFG tool. Other MMOs have all this and have a better community than WoW's, so stop telling yourselves these things "ruined the game" when in fact, it's a toxic player base that did it to themselves. You only think these things because you're too nostalgic, afraid of change, and elitist to accept that anything that benefits a "casual scrub" or whatever somehow destroys the sanctity of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should relax with chasing after balance and focus on chasing after fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    You missing the point is ignorant xD the point is the people pvpin low level areas, you ignored that, ignorantly, and focused on the offhand remark of world pvp outside of max level, your edited reply of what i posted was also wrong.
    I addressed this in my first post to the guy, learn to read