Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Timegating is a scam worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined.
    (ok maybe not that much but at least those things are openly scummy while timegating is accepted for some weird reason)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Timegating is a scam worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined.
    (ok maybe not that much but at least those things are openly scummy while timegating is accepted for some weird reason)
    I don’t think it’s a scam necessarily, and honestly if implemented in good ways I think it’s beneficial to a game. But I have to ask what type of time gating are you talking about and how is it a ‘scam’?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I addressed this in my first post to the guy, learn to read
    Nah fam you need to learn to read, the thing to address is the people pvping low level people, nothing else in that post, you see?

I don’t think it’s a scam necessarily, and honestly if implemented in good ways I think it’s beneficial to a game. But I have to ask what type of time gating are you talking about and how is it a ‘scam’?
    1) The corruption rotation vendors (scam)
    2) The pvp conquest armor rotation (scam)
    3) Any timegate to keep u subscribed for longer without any reasoning (scam)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Nah fam you need to learn to read, the thing to address is the people pvping low level people, nothing else in that post, you see?
    This is what YOU brought up, this is not what the original poster was talking about. He never mentioned the issue was max levels pvping low level people. I didn't write my comment discussing high levels killing low levels. Please buzz off and read.

- - - Updated - - -

1) The corruption rotation vendors (scam)
    2) The pvp conquest armor rotation (scam)
    3) Any timegate to keep u subscribed for longer without any reasoning (scam)
    Okay I can see how you dislike some of these timegated systems (I personally hated the time dated garrison nonsense) but you aren't mentioning how it's a *scam*

Okay I can see how you dislike some of these timegated systems (I personally hated the time dated garrison nonsense) but you aren't mentioning how it's a *scam*
    IMO is a scam as worse as gacha or lootboxes when there is no reasoning behind it apart from keeping you subscribed longer.

MOP is top 3 expansion and everyone who still hating it for "ewwww pandas" is a moron.

Trump won the election including the hearts and minds of the people.

IMO is a scam as worse as gacha or lootboxes when there is no reasoning behind it apart from keeping you subscribed longer.
    There is a reason behind it tho. Every single MMO does it in some sort of way otherwise if you give everyone all your content you have made at once then it sort of ruins your game. It's just extending content, I hardly see an issue with that.

If they had absolutely no timegated content then wow classic would have been over with in like 4 months for a lot of people. Of course they have some terrible ways of doing this but if done right I think it's good.

Sort of how they 'time gated' hyjal for raiders back in the day.

scam
    noun [ C ] informal

an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people

if you know beforehand what you have to do and/or to pay and what you get in return, how can a time gate be a scam?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

This is what YOU brought up, this is not what the original poster was talking about. He never mentioned the issue was max levels pvping low level people.
    I need to learn to read?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

People who intentionally go to popular speed-leveling zones, such as Gorgrond, in order to "PVP".....are a-holes.
    Boom!

*drops mic*

I need to learn to read?

Boom!

*drops mic*
    You....you want to read that again? Highlight the part where he mentioned max levels?

You....you want to read that again? Highlight the part where he mentioned max levels?
    Ok!

[B]
    World PVP should honestly be turned off outside of Max level,.

Ok!

[B]
    That wasn’t the quote you posted my friend. This is a separate thought entirely. I was asking you to provide the part where he mentioned max levels camping lowbies.

Do you understand how this isn't at all what you think he is saying? He isn't saying "Max levels are camping me this is the problem", he is saying "I hate world pvp while leveling but max levels should still have world pvp".

I'm sorry, but I honest to god hope you are trolling otherwise I feel extremely sorry for you.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-11-15 at 08:56 PM.

Okay do you understand how this isn't at all what you think he is saying? He isn't saying "Max levels are camping me this is the problem", he is saying "I hate world pvp while leveling but max levels should still have world pvp".

I'm sorry, but I honest to god hope you are trolling otherwise I feel extremely sorry for you.
    Oddly your last sentence is word for word what i think about this whole conversation, its clearly what he meant, I guess you just do not want it to be that way, whatever, I have better things to do than feed people, have a nice day sir

Oddly your last sentence is word for word what i think about this whole conversation, its clearly what he meant, I guess you just do not want it to be that way, whatever, I have better things to do than feed people, have a nice day sir
    Well either way you are a troll or uneducated. Enough reason to perma ignore you. Can’t be bothered to read posts from children.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    It might be a little easier to get away with stuff (since word getting out on your own server that you're a douchebag isn't as much of a thing anymore), but the community is not any more toxic today than it was in 2004-2006.
    I'd go further and say the in-game community is less toxic now than it was in 2006 (more toxic than 2004, which was a bizarrely innocent time, but it didn't last). Peak toxicity was Cataclysm, in my experience. I've never seen remotely as much nasty-ass shit said in-game, in any expansion, as I did in Cataclysm, and I didn't even play that expansion as much as WotLK or Vanilla. It was fucking endless. I basically stopped even using LFG because you were likely to get someone who actually seemed like a sociopath in the 4 people you were grouped with. It'd been getting worse since LFG came in - initially LFG was pretty civilized. By the time the new ICC dungeons came in, there were a lot of shits and the kick button was getting a huge workout. Cataclysm kicked that up an entire notch and it was basically odds-on you got someone who just screamed abuse at the group for no reason, tried very hard to wipe the group on purpose, went AFK and never came back, or just found creative ways to fuck with you, and spent their time doing that instead of just doing the dungeon. The most memorable of the latter was a dude who was just sending everyone in the group bizarre obscene tells all the time (I mean, they were so nonsensical they proved he had to be a virgin but still). We couldn't even kick him because we'd had to kick the previous guy for just going AFK and never coming back!

Sometime in Legion, though, stuff started gradually getting better, and the trend continued to through BfA, and up to now, at least on the servers I'm on.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

he is saying "I hate world pvp while leveling but max levels should still have world pvp".
    To be complete the thought:

I don't "hate" world PVP while leveling. I think it's stupid and a bad design, and that the game deserves better.

I think max level players should have a form of world pvp in zones specifically built for world pvp. Which is something we haven't really had much of since Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. And even those zones were pretty jank. Simply using PVE zones with shared questing areas in order to stimulate PVP is a pretty lazy way of doing it. There really should be something like GW2's RvR zones, or ESO's Cyrodil.

As for the max level campers debate. Sometimes it was max level, sometimes it was just level 45-49s. Really, any time high level players have the opportunity to gank low level players it's bad. IMO, any kind of unfettered, unbalanced, uncontrolled PVP in leveling content is a failure of the highest order. Even if it's unorganized groups, you'll always see players who refuse to PVP until they have no chance of losing. That's not good PVP for anyone involved.

TL;DR

So maybe I repeat someone else opinion:

Blizzard is recycling their old expansions and sell them as new ones for new generation of players. Almost everything I see in new expansions was there before... starting BC and all.

To be complete the thought:

I don't "hate" world PVP while leveling. I think it's stupid and a bad design, and that the game deserves better.

I think max level players should have a form of world pvp in zones specifically built for world pvp. Which is something we haven't really had much of since Wintergrasp or Tol Barad. And even those zones were pretty jank. Simply using PVE zones with shared questing areas in order to stimulate PVP is a pretty lazy way of doing it. There really should be something like GW2's RvR zones, or ESO's Cyrodil.

As for the max level campers debate. Sometimes it was max level, sometimes it was just level 45-49s. Really, any time high level players have the opportunity to gank low level players it's bad. IMO, any kind of unfettered, unbalanced, uncontrolled PVP in leveling content is a failure of the highest order. Even if it's unorganized groups, you'll always see players who refuse to PVP until they have no chance of losing. That's not good PVP for anyone involved.
    No one is arguing that ganking is fair or good pvp, the point is you are literally opting yourself into that situation knowing full well how it works. And wether you want to admit it or not, your suggestion for world pvp (while leveling) was to just disable it. Again, knowing full well you can turn it off yourself.

Turn off warmode. If people like that type of gameplay, let them enjoy it. Don’t turn off someone else fun just because you don’t like it while also going OUT of your way to participate in it anyway.