Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering they just released a poll in regards to Fresh Classic servers, it might be your best shot to wait for those (if they happen).

I'm just going to repost what i posted in another thread:

-Blizzard saying the "legwork is done" for TBC, as TBC is much smaller in scope than Classic
    -Ion saying "TBC is the logical next step"
    -A poll on how to roll out TBC servers
    -J. Allen Brack saying that they have plans for the future of the modern game and Classic in a recent earnings call
    -Blizzard still hiring engineers for WoW: Classic
    -John Hight saying that Classic has its own team
    -A recent poll in regards to Fresh Classic servers also asked about TBC Classic
    Wish tbc would roll out asap quit classic a year ago out of boredom.. got AV exalted got TUF and just simply logged out and never logged in again. :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Things are really sweaty right now. You can't get into a guild right now that just raids, they all are competitive and compare themselves to each other and wanna be the best and rank and leader board and be super pooper dupers and show up to Loatheb with 50 Shadow Prot pots and Saphh with 100 Frost Prot pots.

It's just dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    Blizzard sent me a survey about how they should release it. if it's not a pretty clear sign, I'm blind
    Well, they haven't sent it to me or anyone I know.
    And this is the first time I hear of it.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I got the survey as well...but it's probably not going to be for a while to release since the survey was gauging interest.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There was a survey back in march. Another survey 3 days ago:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...rning-crusade/

for some reason wowhead hasn't picked up on it.

There's a "private server, classic" "echo chamber" that just want endless classic with resets.
    There's a general buzz from most folks who jumped back in without coming from the private servers that seems to want classic tbc.

I've randomly asked in trade chat a few times. "Most" (non controlled survey) seem to want tbc.

I'd think... and only a thought. It's the easiest way (labour wise) to go about it so.... might well be what occurs:

"Classic" rolls into TBC classic.
    A bunch of new classic only realms are put up at the time same (possibly with world buffs removed).

That... basically pleases everyone. The "classic forever" people want Naxx for a while then a restart, the "tbc waiting room" ppl want TBC with their current characers/friends/etc and it's basically the "easiest" way to roll it out for Blizz. There's no copying/setting up transfers/all that shit. They just throw the switch again for TBC with the current classic realms and open new ones (in a self contained "classic only" product) for those that want to go again.

They can probably even continue rolling expansions and keep most people happy with next to zero development costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

ALOT of people are still leveling and the servers are super active. Don't listen to a few people saying that theres nothing to do and no one is playing, that is just absolutely false. Go for it OP, if you already didn't.

My main way of playing Classic is leveling alts and there's always someone to do group content with and run dungeons on servers I play
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

It’s never too late to start playing classic, but there are different experiences to be had, depending on when you start.

For example, if you start now, depending on the class/build you roll, and which server, you may have more difficulty finding instance groups than say, during launch, and a much easier time finding mages to run you through instances for gold.

If leveling/instancing with players around your level is something you would prefer to do, then I’d suggest finding a leveling guild. Especially one with a handful of others around your level, who play at similar times as you do. This is something that might take a couple of tries to find but can make a big difference if you would prefer to play with others while leveling.

At max-level, it’s pretty easy to get into PuG raids for most of the older content, and again depending on class & build, it might be pretty easy to get into a raiding guild as well.

Depending on what suits your playstyle, playtimes, etc. something that you might do is find a guild with several raid teams that schedule older content raids for gearing new players and alts. You could probably find yourself decently geared and ready to start pushing Naxx during main raid nights with one of the raid groups within a couple of weeks of hitting 60. If you still have doubts, I suggest you read a wow classic guide.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you enjoy your journey into Classic!
    Last edited by SimithDAEN; 2021-02-05 at 01:35 AM.

It's never too late to start something new

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I started quite seriously to play classic when it launched but at level 35 or so IRL happened and I stopped.

So wanted to start over and play pretty relaxed and find a casual raiding guild.

Is this possible? How is the leveling now? Old the zones completely barrens and no chance of getting dungeons or group quests done?

Thanks for answers.
    I hit 55 and stopped Jan 2020. I just hopped back on last night, gained a level and logged.

I figure by the end of the weekend, I should be 60 if not very close. That leaves me several months to level an Alt.

What i'm saying is, there is plenty of time to enjoy Vanilla before TBC drops.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.